Covid-19

JCon

52 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems the Anti-vaxxers have painted themselves into such a tight corner that they can no longer admit they were/are wrong without conceding that they have been complete idiots being led by idiots. Therefore, they will dwindle down in numbers until only the most brain-dead remain, much as the flat-Earthers. 

They transitioned from "Covid is fake" to "vaccinated people are giving me Covid" with ease.  

On 2021-05-25 at 5:44 PM, Mark H. said:

Yes and yes. 

We currently have 119, with another 16 coming on line this week,  ICU beds in Manitoba and have had 110+ since the beginning of wave 2. That's 15 more than the 2017 peak stated earlier. Yes, Pallister closed beds in his health care reform but that has absolutely nothing to do with our current lack of beds. We would have been short no matter what because people are stupid and the virus seems to love stupid people.

On 2021-05-25 at 7:44 PM, MOBomberFan said:

I mean I don't want to get all political it's f'ing exhausting. All I know is the doctors warned back in 2017 when the proposed cuts were made that using average occupancy rates for ICU's was basically ******** if you want to be prepared for a pandemic. Simply, ICU's are supposed to be mostly empty. If they are full, you are in trouble. Without knowing COVID-19 was a thing they were able to tell us that we had nowhere near what we needed if cuts were enacted. Warnings were ignored and cuts were made. Then the pandemic came and these same doctors penned a letter warning that, as a direct result of our limited ICU capacity we had to do everything we could to avoid an outbreak. They were called troublemakers and ignored. These are all facts, I'm not scapegoating anyone. If you think 18 beds don't matter when we are exporting our patients to neighboring provinces while cardiac patients die in their beds awaiting surgery then I really don't know what to tell you. There is all sorts of blame to go around but only certain people are in a position to make things happen.

Fact of the matter is that we have more beds now than in 2017. If you want to argue extra cost associated with getting more beds, or the extra ICU training required to staff them costing us a fortune, you will find no argument. However, you are suggesting that we don't have the capacity we had in 2017 and that's simply untrue.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

We currently have 119 ICU beds in Manitoba and have had 110+ since the beginning of wave 2. That's 15 more than the 2017 peak stated earlier. Yes, Pallister closed beds in his health care reform but that has absolutely nothing to do with our current lack of beds. We would have been short no matter what because people are stupid and the virus seems to love stupid people.

Beds and nurses, he dumped. So, not only do we have fewer beds, we have fewer qualified people to staff them. 

And, they're assigning non-ICU beds to ICU patients. So, lower capacity elsewhere. 

The children's ICU now has adult ICU patients.

Also, we're over capacity because these murder-clowns waited until it was too late to do anything about it. 

Edited by JCon

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Beds and nurses, he dumped. So, not only do we have fewer beds, we have fewer qualified people to staff them. 

And, they're assigning non-ICU beds to ICU patients. So, lower capacity elsewhere. 

The children's ICU now has adult ICU patients.

Also, we're over capacity because these murder-clowns waited until it was too late to do anything about it. 

We have had 110 ICU beds since the beginning of the 2nd wave. Non ICU beds become ICU beds once you convert them to be ICU beds. The difference in care is no different. Yes, training ICU staff should not have been a need, yes taking up regular beds and converting them is lowering capacity elsewhere however those were beds that were ICU to begin with a few years ago. It's not an epic transition. Is a pandemic forcing us to open a ton of beds in less than ideal ways...sure...but the ICU bed count is higher than it was when Pallister took power. We were going to be screwed no matter what...NDP government or not. I think there is a lot we can blame Pallister for in the handling of the pandemic but the ICU capacity right now is not one of them. We are a small province that over doubled it's ICU capacity over the past year and we just can't keep pace with a pandemic that is ravaging our province because self entitled assholes just don't get the message, and our prairie neighbors to the West are making outstandingly stupid decisions. The third wave started in Alberta and they will likely start the 4th wave too.

I would like to see how the city and province will deal with this doofus that's coming here tomorrow, they did nothing the first time and probably do nothing again, another common criminal flying around the country like he is somebody to be looked up to, as for the people that are going to attend make it known that all will be photographed and put on social media so family, friends, co workers and neighbors can find out who these idiots are.

Just now, bustamente said:

I would like to see how the city and province will deal with this doofus that's coming here tomorrow, they did nothing the first time and probably do nothing again, another common criminal flying around the country like he is somebody to be looked up to, as for the people that are going to attend make it known that all will be photographed and put on social media so family, friends, co workers and neighbors can find out who these idiots are.

Sorry missed the convo...who's coming here?

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

They transitioned from "Covid is fake" to "vaccinated people are giving me Covid" with ease.  

The rationale is truly warped. I honestly think they should ban ALL mentions of Covid from the various social medias. It is bringing out  all the nutjobs and giving them an audience.

Just now, GCn20 said:

Sorry missed the convo...who's coming here?

Some guy named Chris Sky, he was recently arrested on a few charges including uttering threats and assault and is flaunting his release travelling around Canada suckering people

Just now, bustamente said:

Some guy named Chris Sky, he was recently arrested on a few charges including uttering threats and assault and is flaunting his release travelling around Canada suckering people

Interesting, I'll look him up.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

We were told by Gov't in the fall that they could produce 173 ICU beds. 

More info on why "the difference in care is no different" is false. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/anatomy-of-an-icu-manitoba-covid-19-1.5819947

There is no doubt that creating ICU beds is challenging indeed, but in November we already had over 100 beds so the suggestion we only had 55 available is patently false...that is what I was attempting to refute. Are we short of the 176...sure are...but this week we will have 134 in operation. That's a far cry from the 55 that was being peddled as the number of beds earlier in this thread and it's a far cry more than the 90 beds that existed in 2017.

53 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

However, you are suggesting that we don't have the capacity we had in 2017 and that's simply untrue.

I think you're counting ICU beds in all Manitoba; my numbers are for Winnipeg, I plainly said so, and several pages back you can see my source from the first time I posted should you wish to verify.

On 2021-05-20 at 12:20 PM, MOBomberFan said:

....Winnipeg had 73 ICU beds in January 2017. By January 2020, following the closures of the Victoria and Concordia ICU's we were down to 62 and, following the closure of Seven Oaks ICU, we were left with 55.

https://wfpquantum.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/2020/95566_Health system files july 2019.pdf

22 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Spare yourself. Just imagine 200 pounds of wet grass wearing a wife beater and white-framed sunglasses

He looks like a buff version of Adam Sandler from Uncut Gems, just way more mentally challenged. If youre interested in knowing the kind of guy he is:

Saccoccia has denied the Holocaust and expressed anti-semetic views on his Facebook account.[5] He has additionally claimed that Black Lives Matter activists are a "government-sponsored intelligence operation”, and called them "subhumans", believing Black people are "mentally challenged".[5] He also alleges that members of the LGBT community support paedophilia, and has stated "Muslims and child rape go together like burgers and fries"

Real gift to humanity.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

47 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

He looks like a buff version of Adam Sandler from Uncut Gems, just way more mentally challenged. If youre interested in knowing the kind of guy he is:

Saccoccia has denied the Holocaust and expressed anti-semetic views on his Facebook account.[5] He has additionally claimed that Black Lives Matter activists are a "government-sponsored intelligence operation”, and called them "subhumans", believing Black people are "mentally challenged".[5] He also alleges that members of the LGBT community support paedophilia, and has stated "Muslims and child rape go together like burgers and fries"

Real gift to humanity.

Ahhh so this is the base that’s being pandered to.

Makes sense written as sarcastically as possible.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

We currently have 119, with another 16 coming on line this week,  ICU beds in Manitoba and have had 110+ since the beginning of wave 2. That's 15 more than the 2017 peak stated earlier. Yes, Pallister closed beds in his health care reform but that has absolutely nothing to do with our current lack of beds. We would have been short no matter what because people are stupid and the virus seems to love stupid people.

Fact of the matter is that we have more beds now than in 2017. If you want to argue extra cost associated with getting more beds, or the extra ICU training required to staff them costing us a fortune, you will find no argument. However, you are suggesting that we don't have the capacity we had in 2017 and that's simply untrue.

Yes, some people are stupid, but a lot more have to work low-paying jobs with little job security and no paid sick leave. We also don't have transparent data to tell us whether or not it's because people are stupid or Manitoba's COVID response was in fact wrong-headed.

We might have had some interesting comparisons regarding COVID response to make if most of the country didn't vote in Conservative governments before this pandemic started.

3 hours ago, bustamente said:

New restrictions will be laughable if they allow the rally to go on at the Forks tomorrow

Not to mention that there was no fines associated with the Springs church grad. The message the Springs grad and Forks rally incidents send to someone who might want to invite someone over to the backyard for the fire is laughable. High profile flaunting of restrictions (I still believe the MLA was present for the grad), continually, makes it so much harder to not make any personal exceptions. When that compounds over a whole population, there is a problem.

Starting to get a bit concerned about the newest variants which are starting to take hold over in Europe. Apparently the vaccines only have about 33% protection against them, and they're seeing the numbers climb back up again in the UK. Provinces like AB that aren't preparing for that at all could be in for some scary times this summer and into fall...

Relieved to have been able to get my second dose of AZ today. Other than that I am just sick of what this has turned us into. Never in my life have I ever seen such divisiveness in action (pro sports fandom aside). 

What once was thought to be a moment that could draw us all closer as we work to defeat a common enemy has become the opposite. We can’t see those we want too and we have seen sides of so many that makes us never want to see them again. 

Im so over all the BS and blaming by all sides has really turned me off society in general.