Covid-19

JCon

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Ship gonna hit the canal today. My MLA was at Springs.

To be fair, I haven't seen it confirmed that she was there. Her response is super weird and seems to give her an out to admit she was there in case someone comes up with evidence. She also expressed disappointment, but did not condemn it.

"As an aside, I have read several posts stating that I was present at the Springs graduation ceremony. To my knowledge, no evidence has been provided to substantiate this claim. The day of the graduation ceremony, the Legislative Assembly sat from 1:30 PM to approximately 10:45 PM. All 57 MLAs were present for the House session including myself. This information can be easily verified by the public."

Also, shame on those for reporting about the Springs grad - they are the ones dividing Manitobans! Not Springs!:

"Today, I received several messages of support from residents. I want each and every resident of the Southdale Constituency to know that I am not at all deterred by any force that aims to sew seeds of division and discord in our community. The forces that are for us, are far greater than the forces that are against us."

Quotes from her FB post.

Goes hand in hand with the PC message that the media is the enemy. (They sent fundraising emails out trying to raise funds to fight the evil Free Press for those who aren't in the loop)

5 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So to recap, Pallister gets up, blames everybody but himself, spouts total lies, won't enforce clear violations of health orders and leaves. **** that guy and his government. Seriously at this point is he mentally stable?

C'mon Manitoba. With this virus you can do better. ;)

Her response seems to indicate that she was there and she's just saying nobody has proof. She also says what she was doing from afternoon till evening, I guess hoping people assume the ceremony was in the afternoon or evening despite the timestamp in the post indicating that everything was already put together and posted on instagram before she can account for her whereabouts?

Either she was there or she is really horrible at P.R. and doesn't realize that saying directly that she wasn't there is so much better than talking all around saying you weren't there and hoping people assume you weren't. Either way, she is a member of the church, surely knew in advance about the ceremony and kept her mouth shut and has not denounced the church (other than saying she was disappointed to hear about it) and is still a member of the church.

Fontaine issued an excuse/explanation. To my ears sounded like a pack of lies. First of all, that program is not accredited so not sure they count as a post secondary institution. 18 people is more than the 5 allowed for gatherings. Just because you are a cohort doesn't mean you don't have to wear masks.

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Im going to revise my earlier statement, Springs may have loopholed their way out of it with their gathering. Not sure if filming it in a closed tv studio for broadcast lets them off the hook. On a slightly different note wonder if Leon is still going between Winnipeg and Calgary?