Covid-19

JCon

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

I hear ya. 

Three weeks ago, I came down to my office in my basement and almost broke down. I've been worn right down by this. I just want out. It feels like we're close to some sort of normality, yet we are in the worst shape of the whole pandemic. 

Seeing huge crowds at NHL games in the states has me in a state of disbelief. It doesn't seem possible for us to be at such opposite ends of this thing.

14 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Probably the most depressing thing of this whole pandemic is the realization that people really don’t care about doing the right thing and really are selfish a$$holes. 

And what's extremely frustrating, maddening, exhausting is how they rationalize their behaviours to themselves and others. They walk around and present themselves like everyone else is stupid. The thing is they have been wired almost since birth that they just don't care about others outside their inner circles.

7 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Congrats to all the Manitobans who flaunted restrictions and decided freedom dictated no vaccination, thanks for plugging up the hospitals for your liberties, hope it was worth it maybe you learned something but I doubt it.

These people who are clogging the ICUs all over the province are also dooming other who have life-threatening health crises such as cardiac events from having access to the ICU care that is required and more of these will die than necessary. You cannot pee in one part of the pool and expect it will remain there.

Edited by Tracker

10 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Congrats to all the Manitobans who flaunted restrictions and decided freedom dictated no vaccination, thanks for plugging up the hospitals for your liberties, hope it was worth it maybe you learned something but I doubt it.

As or even worse idiot going unscathed but possibly infecting innocent unbeknownst others who were trying to do the right thing but because of these knuckle draggers here some are in the hospital.

Hang in there Manitoba you’ll come out the other side soon.

48 minutes ago, JCon said:

16.1% TPR in Winnipeg. 

So many will die needlessly. 

I remember not too long ago when our premier was out there patting himself on the back about not having the a 3rd wave like Ontario and Alberta. We are now worse than Ontario ever was. 

We had a pretty good handle on it. All that was required ( in my opinion ) to keep it under control till the vaccines caught up was enforcement on those breaking the rules, especially those flaunting them. In the Pembina Valley I could see the percentage of masked people and buisnesses enforcing policy  just sliding down. Our tough talking ,firey Premiere turns out to be a coward. I can't see it any other way.

I am so tired of us being blamed while the governments take no responsibility. Who let the original virus in when the rest of the world was stopping international travel?  Who watched the different variants 3 months ago in different parts of the world and did diddly squat? Who shut down ICU in Seven oaks ,Misericordia, Concordia, etc and now hey guess what we can't handle 200 hundred people out of over a million in our province? Hmm yes that was the guy next door made those decisions....  easy i guess to blame us but real leaders look in the mirror when disaster hits. Six months ago at my work in a plant no one was wearing a mask...it took the federal gov that long to mandate mask wearing and yet this is our fault????

34 minutes ago, bb1 said:

I am so tired of us being blamed while the governments take no responsibility. Who let the original virus in when the rest of the world was stopping international travel?  Who watched the different variants 3 months ago in different parts of the world and did diddly squat? Who shut down ICU in Seven oaks ,Misericordia, Concordia, etc and now hey guess what we can't handle 200 hundred people out of over a million in our province? Hmm yes that was the guy next door made those decisions....  easy i guess to blame us but real leaders look in the mirror when disaster hits. Six months ago at my work in a plant no one was wearing a mask...it took the federal gov that long to mandate mask wearing and yet this is our fault????

you're right this isn't fair at all, it's like being in a classroom and we all have to stay after school because of one person.  We need some kind of mole in those rallies to take pictures of people or something so they could put them online so people could ID them (hey they did that during the game 7 riots in Vancouver and I think they did that after the insurrection)

but I realized that there is a problem with my idea....that person would have to go without a mask

Edited by iHeart

10 hours ago, JCon said:

I hear ya. 

Three weeks ago, I came down to my office in my basement and almost broke down. I've been worn right down by this. I just want out. It feels like we're close to some sort of normality, yet we are in the worst shape of the whole pandemic. 

I feel it too. I've been super vigilant during the pandemic. Not only because I have a potentially pretty serious health condition and now have a newborn, but also to do something for the common good. If everyone could act with consideration for others, we have the knowledge to be able to snuff out Covid.

I gave up my teaching position, losing out on a permanent contract just when I qualified for one, said no a ton of times to doing things socially with friends - I don't know how much more I could do.

Its getting to me to see things completely out of my hands. Horrible response from government and then seemingly a ton of idiots that only care for themselves or have some ridiculous religious/anti-science agenda that makes things so much worse for others with very little personal consequence.

Its actually been super helpful to come to MBB to see others express the same sentiments. To know its not the majority of people going about like nothing is going on, no care for anyone else. It makes me hopeful that the silent majority actually do give a **** and are doing the right things and its the ******* minority that are being the loudest and most disruptive.

Speaking of assholes that don't care... It looks like Springs Church had their big graduation ceremony just as they would prior to the pandemic. Except they removed the pics from their instagram to try to get rid of the evidence after.

https://imgur.com/gallery/iamqVyB

Audrey Gordon, our minister for mental health is a member of Springs Church.

Edited by WildPath
Added link for removed pics

Much as I dislike Pallister, when he said that the impact of the pandemic would depend on Manitobans, he was right to an extent, but said it poorly. If there are enough covidiots who defy common sense and the law, they will wreak havoc on those of us who are doing it right. Police cannot be everywhere and if religious and community "leaders" voice support for refusing to recognize the pandemic as legitimately serious and/or  denying the need for vaccination, we are all going to suffer for the stupidity of a relative few. 

2 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Speaking of assholes that don't care... It looks like Springs Church had their big graduation ceremony just as they would prior to the pandemic. Except they removed the pics from their instagram to try to get rid of the evidence after.

Audrey Gordon, our minister for mental health is a member of Springs Church.

Send the pastors to jail for the max. Its the only way to make them listen.

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

you're right this isn't fair at all, it's like being in a classroom and we all have to stay after school because of one person.

This is a great analogy.

Who's seen Full Metal Jacket? Someone needs a pillow party. I'm not saying we should beat these antivaxxers with pillowcases full of bars of soap, I'm just saying if we filmed it we'd get an Oscar nomination.

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

The loopholes available for air travel have been frustrating.  Bring the new variants in...then shut everything down...AGAIN.