Covid-19

JCon

I'm beginning to understand why the anti-maskers and COVID deniers appear to be so angry and frustrated.

Researchers report COVID-19 found in penile tissue could contribute to ED

by University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine

MAY 11, 2021

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine researchers are the first to demonstrate that COVID-19 can be present in the penis tissue long after men recover from the virus.

The widespread blood vessel dysfunction, or endothelial dysfunction, that results from the COVID-19 infection could then contribute to erectile dysfunction, or ED, according to the study recently published in the World Journal of Men's Health. Endothelial dysfunction is a condition in which the lining of the small blood vessels fails to perform all of its functions normally. As a result, the tissues supplied by those vessels could undergo damage.

Edited by Wideleft

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

RIP AstraZeneca

I for one am looking forward to supplementing my adenovirus vector vaccine with some sweet sweet mRNA vaccine and top it off with a seasonal booster for those VoC. 

JUST PUT IT IN MY AAAARRRRRMMMM! 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

yeah even if Dr.Tam does say it's safe to go about without masks when fully vaccinated, I'm not going to take off the mask until new cases become less frequent (because the article says Bill Maher is fully vaccinated and yes they've made it perfectly clear that the vaccine keeps you from ending up dead or in the hospital or getting the worst of it)

Edited by iHeart

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

12+ can book right now in Manitoba. Curious how far out they're making appointments at the supersites? 

My kids' buddy got in for the 21st.  Not sure which location though.

I'm "in line" and will update once I get my kids have their appointments.

Edited by Sard
added detail

From the just because you got vaccinated file, as most of us may know or not know the vaccine does not mean you wont get Covid, which brings me to a story from my Yankees baseball team where vaccinated coaches and personnel from the team who have been vaccinated caught Covid, all are asymptomatic, this where it gets interesting as their shortstop Gleybor Torres who caught Covid in the offseason and was also recently vaccinated caught the virus again, it may be rare but it will happen 

33 minutes ago, Sard said:

Got my kids in on the 22nd in the evening.  So booking a little over a week out for RBC.

They must have opened up a bunch of spaces at RBC, when it went to 24+ earlier in the week they were booking as far as the 28th. The earliest my son could book was the 22nd in Selkirk.

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

With AZ/JJ on the wayside apparently it will be where ever P/M are.

Since they are 12-18, it would only be Pfizer.  Heard from another friend who got an appointment about an hour after I did and their kid is going in on the 28th, so those appointments filled up fast.

Very encouraging that there's so much uptake.

Alberta has JUST peaked (we're pretty sure) and I think we're a couple weeks ahead of you guys.......so i would THINK that you guys are a couple weeks away from the crest of the wave, but who knows.....