Covid-19

JCon

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Still horrible, but at least its down significantly from the past couple of days. We can pray that its the beginning of a trend that is the result of the vaccinations out-pacing the spread.

It's not though. TPR keeps going up. 

Data point: My youngest got tested early Sunday morning and we go the results this morning. 2 days lag right now. He was negative, as we suspected. Others from Sunday got theirs last night, which would indicate 1 day lag. 

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Still horrible, but at least its down significantly from the past couple of days. We can pray that its the beginning of a trend that is the result of the vaccinations out-pacing the spread.

A little misleading as the positivity rate actually went up in Winnipeg and provincially, so probably more of a case of less people getting tested yesterday unfortunately.

You guys are behind the national case rate right now, so it's going to be awhile till you start seeing trending in the right direction. Because you were one of the last provinces that introduced any mitigation measures, it'll be at least a couple of weeks yet before you start seeing the effect of that. The good news is, as more and more people get vaccinated, combined with the effect of the "restrictions" (insert eyeroll), the daily cases/TPR will "fall off a cliff" at some point...super sharp drop. But it's going to be a bit yet. Ontario seeing it now, Alberta will be two or three weeks yet, and then you guys will be behind that a little bit.......but it's coming. Eventually.

49 minutes ago, JCon said:

Data point: My youngest got tested early Sunday morning and we go the results this morning. 2 days lag right now. He was negative, as we suspected. Others from Sunday got theirs last night, which would indicate 1 day lag. 

My kid got tested at 9:30am yesterday and the results were in at 2:30am this morning.  They may be catching up a bit on the processing side.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

1 hour ago, Sard said:

My kid got tested at 9:30am yesterday and the results were in at 2:30am this morning.  They may be catching up a bit on the processing side.

Likely all tied to number of tests completed.

Saturday 4234

Sunday 3787

Monday 2920

On 2021-05-10 at 11:32 AM, Mark H. said:

Then you are 100% correct. There is, in my opinion, no real interest in completely stopping covid - but they can't be seen as doing nothing. 

Politicians worry more about being elected & pandering to their base instead of doing the right thing & shutting things down completely. 

Im scheduled for next wednesday. I picked the Leila supersite since its close to my work but now i wish i would have picked the higgins or notre dame pop-ups. People booking after me have gotten earlier dates when they picked those locations. I thought about going in and trying to change my location to get it earlier but im scared ill f something up and cancel my appointment all together lol.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

12 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Im scheduled for next wednesday. I picked the Leila supersite since its close to my work but now i wish i would have picked the higgins or notre dame pop-ups. People booking after me have gotten earlier dates when they picked those locations. I thought about going in and trying to change my location to get it earlier but im scared ill f something up and cancel my appointment all together lol.

Dude, you can use one of the walk up sites if you need it earlier.

19 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I know a few people who just showed up at those pop up clinics and got one.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I thought you needed appointments for those sites just like the supersites??

The people I know went to the one on Higgins cause they heard they were having a hard time getting people in, so they went and got a shot without an appointment or even calling ahead.

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I believe you can walk up to some of them but if you want an appointment call them number and talk to someone. They can look for available slots for you without cancelling your existing, online you have to cancel the existing before searching for other dates.