Covid-19

JCon

58 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I have joined the league of the 1st dose vaccinated, no superpowers yet but all of a sudden I seem to be attracted to Melinda Gates 😄, what a smooth and painless process today at the convention centre, in a out before you knew it and all the people there were top notch

I can't wait for the next dose. This 2.5G is pretty slow and I'm not sure if Bill's tracking chip is working yet. I haven't had the urge to buy any MS products... yet.

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I can't wait for the next dose. This 2.5G is pretty slow and I'm not sure if Bill's tracking chip is working yet. I haven't had the urge to buy any MS products... yet.

It's a very subtle change. You'll start getting a mild headache and slight rash when you use an Apple product.

But you will know it's really working when you blurt out at the dinner table that you want a divorce. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

so on top of our 2m Pfizer shots this week, we're getting 1m Moderna as well. The serious ramping up of vaccinations is coming.... in a Jason Kenney presser yesterday there was a brief mention of opening up shots to every adult who wants one within the week...

It seems that Kenny and Co. are having a death-bed repentance.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

It's a very subtle change. You'll start getting a mild headache and slight rash when you use an Apple product.

But you will know it's really working when you blurt out at the dinner table that you want a divorce. 

Now that you mention it... I was really averse to Crapple products before but since my shot on Thursday they're just gross!

I guess I better steer clear of Bill and Melinda's divorce proceedings, eh?

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It seems that Kenny and Co. are having a death-bed repentance.

I'd like to say MOST of us here are really hoping so.... still a very loud contingent of crazies hoping for a relaxation of current measures, rather than creation/implementation of additional ones.

JK has said that he believes our current measures should be enough, and that the real problem is that people don't want to follow them, and Alberta doesn't believe in enforcing the current rules. Alberta has always been and likely always will be a very libertarian state... but I, for one, am praying for Big Brother to put the hammer down for the good of everyone. We'll find out this afternoon....

The latest ploy of the anti-vaxers and covidiots is to hype and exaggerate the clotting risk associated with the vaccines. Here is a comparison:

Astra Zeneca vaccine: 0.0004%

Oral contraceptives: 0.05 to 0.12%

Smoking: 0.18%

COVID infection: 16.5% (and this is without taking into account the more lethal variants)

Edited by Tracker

lots of good MB Vaxx news this morning.... general eligibility up to 45 years and older today. Also noted that every adult in the province will be able to get their shot by the end of this month, and nationally, due to the surge in vaccines, we'll be able to vaccinate 70% of the adult population by the end of this month. Fantastic news all around. 

hmmm....

so are they doing a separate eligibility group thing for those that already had their first dose? because by the time this starts up I will already have had my first dose for 9 days

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

lots of good MB Vaxx news this morning.... general eligibility up to 45 years and older today. Also noted that every adult in the province will be able to get their shot by the end of this month, and nationally, due to the surge in vaccines, we'll be able to vaccinate 70% of the adult population by the end of this month. Fantastic news all around. 

but wait there's more 

okay this is actually good news (well at least for me. The Arthritis Medication I take has made me immunocompromised)

Edited by iHeart

Anyone know if the second super site is ready to open at the end of the week, we will be primarily getting the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for the next while and a second site and pop ups will speed everything along.

Edited by bustamente