Covid-19

JCon

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

On CBC radio news today, it was reported by Manitoba Health officials that in the Winkler-Morden and Hanover communities, the vaccinations rate is only 20% by the choice of the residents. They were trying very hard to be diplomatic about why but it seems that there is certain group of religious followers who are refusing. There are other, smaller pockets as well in northern Manitoba. 

It's the community that we shop in, do business in, have customers in, get repairs in........We are about 40 minutes away but are there at least once a week. You've seen me bitching and complaining on here and there is good reason. I have no idea how you get them to roll up their sleeves. Without being rude but I will be, maybe if they start dieing off It will kick in.  Winkler/Morden drives the economy of the entire area now. It has bedroom communities in the outlying areas. What were little mennonite villages are towns of 1000 to 2000. The growth there in my lifetime has been phenomenal.The trouble is there is still a old school ,small town ,religious mentality that shows it's ugly face at times.  And this is one.

Edited by the watcher

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Ugh... The bane of my existence. Winter was even worse. I know there's a spray you can get but I don't know how well it actually works. I'm forever cleaning my glasses on my shirt... 

Especially while running errands in winter & you're in and out of the vehicle - just the worst. 

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I am the same - any tips for preventing glasses from fogging up due to wearing a mask?

This is especially a problem for me when I'm reading out loud to my students. 

When I was playing hockey we would rub shampoo on our shields. I didn't think it would work until I tried it and then I did it before every game. I still remember the coconut smell of the shampoo I kept in my bag from a hotel. I'd be curious if this would work with glasses fogging too.

9 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Especially while running errands in winter & you're in and out of the vehicle - just the worst. 

I saw something early on that a surgeon suggested using a bandaid over the bridge of the nose to close the air gap.  Apparently that's what he does during surgeries to keep his glasses from fogging with a mask.  Looks kinda dumb though, so maybe some medical tape would do the trick as well.

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Pallister hates teachers, well among other groups.

no kidding, I remember when my old supervisor had nothing really nice to say about him, during my time with her, she booked Wab twice for I Love to Read Month. She really did try to book Pallister but he never did reply

8 hours ago, Sard said:

I saw something early on that a surgeon suggested using a bandaid over the bridge of the nose to close the air gap.  Apparently that's what he does during surgeries to keep his glasses from fogging with a mask.  Looks kinda dumb though, so maybe some medical tape would do the trick as well.

I am honestly willing to try anything.  There is no possible way I can read to my students - while wearing a mask. 

Kenney, that ******* *******, is just letting as many people die as possible in order to keep businesses happy..... so glad I've got my first shot already. This province is increasingly one of the worst places in the western world to live....... literally and metaphorically making me sick.

Edited by Noeller

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Kenney, that ******* *******, is just letting as many people die as possible in order to keep businesses happy..... so glad I've got my first shot already. This province is increasingly one of the worst places in the western world to live....... literally and metaphorically making me sick.

I hear you and fear for friends and family there.  

....all indoor sports cancelled as of today. One of the only new measures introduced this afternoon by the premier. Also Gr 7-12 going online in the bigger cities. But that's about it. Shame, as that won't do a damn thing in AB.... had a new record 2,048 new cases today, bringing the total active to 21,385. 632 in hospital and 151 in ICU. CMOH outlined triage protocols during presser today. Living in a nightmare, I tell ya....

CRAP!!!!! well at least the people involved have recovered

and there might be nothing to panic about, but I wish COVID pandemic would go away as easily as the Swine Flu (it's been a long time I can't remember if it was an epidemic or a pandemic)

Edited by iHeart