Covid-19

JCon

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.cnet.com/health/mit-covid-study-shows-indoors-masks-may-be-more-important-than-social-distancing/

It seems like a multi-faceted approach is the best way, at least as far as indoor activities go.

Exactly.  No use in trying to do the bare minimum at this point - or even figure out what exactly the bare minimum should be.

The problem with covid is that things have changed so quickly since this all started happening. A year ago everyone was worried about surface transmission and no one was wearing a mask, then it was droplets, then no it is airborne. So I don't blame people for having outdated information, but things have gone way past the initial measures that most places put in place. 

Gonna see more and more and more of that.... they aren't vaccinated yet, and these variants (which are the majority across Canada) don't mess around. Doesn't matter if you're healthy or not....if it gets a hold of you, you could die. Absolutely do not **** around with this thing......get vaccinated, maintain social distancing at all times, and wear a damn mask (I find myself double masking indoors now) until further notice.....

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

and yesterday we had been informed that a student came in with a VoC, now I have to get used to wearing an N95 mask

I actually find the N95 more comfortable than cloth ones. They don't " pull in " when I'm working out and they aren't as hot. For me anyways, I'm not sure if everyone finds that.

When I'm inside a public place (the rare occasion I go into a store) I wear a disposable as a base layer, and then a cloth one with a filter over top that.....I feel much more protected for the limited time I'm in the vicinity of plague-ravaged (I assume) people....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

When I'm inside a public place (the rare occasion I go into a store) I wear a disposable as a base layer, and then a cloth one with a filter over top that.....I feel much more protected for the limited time I'm in the vicinity of plague-ravaged (I assume) people....

Out of curiousity do you anything to cover or protect your eyes?

4 minutes ago, the watcher said:

Protest leaded Chris Sky was arrested in Thunder bay. Kudos to Ford for having the kahunas to do what Palister wouldn't. 

I saw that it was related to some outstanding warrants that he had in Ontario from the past... can't remember the details though.

15 minutes ago, the watcher said:

Protest leaded Chris Sky was arrested in Thunder bay. Kudos to Ford for having the kahunas to do what Palister wouldn't. 

This isn't 100% true. One of his supporters posted a video on Youtube last night of him being served two tickets by plain clothed officers after the rally at The Forks. I will see if I can find a link again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoKQESCvBk8

24 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Out of curiousity do you anything to cover or protect your eyes?

I unfortunately have to wear glasses all the time, so I've got that going for me. My wife, who works in the public, has a job-mandated double-mask mandate and wears a protective face shield on top of that...

On CBC radio news today, it was reported by Manitoba Health officials that in the Winkler-Morden and Hanover communities, the vaccinations rate is only 20% by the choice of the residents. They were trying very hard to be diplomatic about why but it seems that there is certain group of religious followers who are refusing. There are other, smaller pockets as well in northern Manitoba. 

USA 

vaccine refusers.

"Polls shed some light on the demographics of these (vaccine refuser) groups. Together, compared with the rest of the population, they’re more likely to be conservative and young. In a Washington Post/ABC News poll taken last week, only 7 percent of people ages 65 and over were refusers. That number doubled among people ages 40 to 64 (16 percent) and tripled among people ages 18 to 39 (22 percent). "

baby boomers eh. harumph.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I unfortunately have to wear glasses all the time, so I've got that going for me. My wife, who works in the public, has a job-mandated double-mask mandate and wears a protective face shield on top of that...

I am the same - any tips for preventing glasses from fogging up due to wearing a mask?

This is especially a problem for me when I'm reading out loud to my students. 

27 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I am the same - any tips for preventing glasses from fogging up due to wearing a mask?

This is especially a problem for me when I'm reading out loud to my students. 

Ugh... The bane of my existence. Winter was even worse. I know there's a spray you can get but I don't know how well it actually works. I'm forever cleaning my glasses on my shirt...