Covid-19

JCon

Boris Johnson Allegedly Screamed ‘Let the Bodies Pile High’ in Foul-Mouthed Anti-Lockdown Rant

-Reuters/Toby Melville
Last October, when Britain’s coronavirus case numbers were threatening to spin out of control for a second time, some of Boris Johnson’s most powerful allies in government rounded on the prime minister and told him that another lockdown was urgently needed before things got worse.

The top ministers made their case to the extremely reluctant prime minister and talked him round—but, according to a shocking account published Monday, his begrudging acceptance came alongside an unhinged rant about lockdowns that sounds like a King Joffrey line that was edited out of Game of Thrones for being too callous.

The Daily Mail reported that Johnson raged at the meeting that he’d only proceed with a second lockdown on the understanding that there would never be a third. The prime minister is alleged to have screamed: “No more ******* lockdowns—let the bodies pile high in their thousands!”

MAIL: Boris: ‘Let the bodies pile high in their thousands’ #TomorrowsPapersToday pic.twitter.com/zCq9d7Jm4I

— Neil Henderson (@hendopolis) April 25, 2021
That account was backed up by a second publication, The Spectator, which reported Monday that “multiple people” heard the hissy-fit. The typically cautious BBC News has also corroborated the version of events.

The new restrictions are dumb. No visitors to your own house, but everything else is basically the same.

Having someone over for a backyard fire = bad. Going to a gym that is 25% full = fine, apparently.

Half measures basically guarantee we prolong this wave until more restrictions get added in a couple weeks.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It is Manitobans fault. About time ppl realised this. Those ppl at the rally are Manitobans. 

I do agree with you....at some point people have to stop pretending like we can depend on this government.

At the same time, this governments in ability to have any kind of leadership hasn't helped us.

Edited by Bigblue204

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Then fine them!!!!

I will not accept responsibility for the stupid and ineffective response from out pathetic leaders. 

This is a great practice in theory. But I'm not sure how you think they'd be able to fine everyone breaking COVID rules, when they can't fine all the people who break regular rules. AND as the old saying goes, "if the punishment for a crime is a fine, then it is only a crime for the poor". or something like that.

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It is Manitobans fault. About time ppl realised this. Those ppl at the rally are Manitobans. 

Those aren't the people you worry about, they have their minds made up. But there are a bunch of people that want to follow the rules, but are much more willing to bend them when they see what half assed measures the government has put in place. Locking **** down makes someone on the fence think twice about the safety of having friends over for drinks, but when the government says they can do that safely on a patio they figure "well, what's the harm". If you give a mouse a cookie, and all that...

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

This is a great practice in theory. But I'm not sure how you think they'd be able to fine everyone breaking COVID rules, when they can't fine all the people who break regular rules. AND as the old saying goes, "if the punishment for a crime is a fine, then it is only a crime for the poor". or something like that.

They could have started on Sunday. Triple the fines for those traveling and not self-isolating. Quadruple them. 

And, yes, I'm sensitive to those that are poor. But, if you're traveling out of the province or country, you know before you go what the deal is. 

I'm surprised they didn't do more.I was expecting tighter controls. I'm disappointed there isn't more on enforcement. Those who are not following the rules now will continue not to. Those that attended the rally will continue to do so. The nutbar that was heading that up will continue to run  his destructive sideshow. This news conference was pointless.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

They could have started on Sunday. Triple the fines for those traveling and not self-isolating. Quadruple them. 

And, yes, I'm sensitive to those that are poor. But, if you're traveling out of the province or country, you know before you go what the deal is. 

Make the fines proportional to annual income. And no, I am not joking. 

There was lots of resistance to seatbelt laws. How did they deal with that ? A nice big $ 250 fine and police that were told to enforce it. Drive by a cop on the highway without a belt and they would wheel around and nail you. Now pretty much everyone is compliant. So how do thou make people follow Covid rules ? The same way. Penalties and enforcement.

5 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I'm surprised they didn't do more.I was expecting tighter controls. I'm disappointed there isn't more on enforcement. Those who are not following the rules now will continue not to. Those that attended the rally will continue to do so. The nutbar that was heading that up will continue to run  his destructive sideshow. This news conference was pointless.

At this point they should of come out in clown costumes, nobody is listening and nobody is adhering, look at all the traffic on the street during non rush hour times, people don't care, they have had enough with the double speak, they haven't got it right the first or second time and this time will be the same, again get vaccinated take care of yourselves, continue to wear a mask and stay away from idiots