Covid-19

JCon

So got my AZ shot yesterday. Was fine until mid evening then I had crazy shakes at 11:30 and loaded up on blankets and turned on room heater.  3am it flipped and I was burning up. Must have tossed and turned 10000 times and never found cold part of pillow. Better this morning but head still buzzing.

She who must be obeyed and I got our Pfizer shots 4 weeks ago as of today. Both of us had no initial reactions but about 24 hours later, I got a bit of the chills and fatigue (got me out of some work) and waifu had a bit more of a severe reaction, but she is diabetic. Anyhoo....we both survived and were able to go back to licking doorknobs.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Alberta Minister of Health has conceded that Alberta has lost the battle against the COVID variants.

Maybe the should have put up a fight?

I honestly think the same is going to happen here... I fear we have squandered the few weeks grace we got...

Targeting the most at risk areas might mitigate some of the third wave, but I dont believe its the magic bullet.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Blaming Manitobans for our current situation is getting pretty old already.

Maybe it's time for some actual leadership in our province? I can't wait until flights resume to Costa Rica and Brian can go home. 

Agreed. When I read his remarks about not shutting things down because... jobs, I was pretty furious.

I mean I get it... it is a gamble and it might work, we might avoid the same fate as Alberta or Ontario. But that is what enrages me, that instead of betting on the path that would mitigate death, severe illness and crush our already over worked health care system... he and bets on the path that helps the economy and doubles down on blaming the citizens if his gamble doesn't work... this government is bankrupt of responsibility.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Blaming Manitobans for our current situation is getting pretty old already.

Maybe it's time for some actual leadership in our province? I can't wait until flights resume to Costa Rica and Brian can go home. 

There is some truth to blaming Manitobans. We have our fair share of those who either ignore isolation warnings as fake or believe God will protect them. It doesn't take that many to spread the virus by casual contact.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

There is some truth to blaming Manitobans. We have our fair share of those who either ignore isolation warnings as fake or believe God will protect them. It doesn't take that many to spread the virus by casual contact.

Sure, but gov't has the power to enact rules that would prevent these things. They've chosen to do very little and we know that when they lock things down, it works to curb the spread. 

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Sure but the fact that it is known that some Manitobans are going to be covid scofflaws, you take that into account for your decision and plan for mitigatinging, you don't just ignore it and sociopathically tread forward while using them as scapegoats... 

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

That's the same in any jurisdiction, though. A politician shitting on his constituents without taking any responsibility for his oversights or inaction is inexcusable.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's the same in any jurisdiction, though. A politician shitting on his constituents without taking any responsibility for his oversights or inaction is inexcusable.

A politician doesn't **** on their constituent, they provide them fertilizer for them to grow! 

23 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

this is huge news....but we'll need more OXAZ from the States because India has shut down all exports of it. Hopefully Biden can bail us out on this. If you thought the GenXY's did a hell of a job, wait till the GenZennial's get approved for vaccination....

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So got my AZ shot yesterday. Was fine until mid evening then I had crazy shakes at 11:30 and loaded up on blankets and turned on room heater.  3am it flipped and I was burning up. Must have tossed and turned 10000 times and never found cold part of pillow. Better this morning but head still buzzing.

Hope you feel better soon.

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sure but the fact thaMyt it is known that some Manitobans are going to be covid scofflaws, you take that into account for your decision and plan for mitigating, you don't just ignore it and sociopathically tread forward while using them as scapegoats... 

Absolutely. But as soon as you accept that it is solely the responsibility of government(s), it can give some the idea that they can go about their business as usual. Case in point: those who believe that their god will do everything to protect them and they need not observe common-sense precautions. This bizarre thinking implies that the elect will be saved and prosper, and it is irrelevant that the unbelievers will suffer and die.

Jonas Salk, first polio vaccine:

In 1947, Salk accepted a professorship in the School of Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh. It was there that he undertook a project to determine the number of different types of poliovirus, starting in 1948. For the next seven years Salk devoted himself towards developing a vaccine against polio.

Salk was immediately hailed as a "miracle worker" when the vaccine's success was first made public in April 1955, and chose to not patent the vaccine or seek any profit from it in order to maximize its global distribution.[2] An immediate rush to vaccinate began in both the United States and around the world. "

would not happen now.

had my first shot..... slight sore arm, nothing else.

Edited by Mark F