Covid-19

JCon

261 new cases... that's concerning.

We had that much when the second wave was winding down.

I might be over reacting though, because we had 3400 tests yesterday,  we normally have around 220... that might be a good reason why the numbers are high.

42 minutes ago, iHeart said:

oh god I hope it's what I will get once I am booked and eligible...would we still have to get another dose within a year with this one?

Yeah. The two part shot is so you are fully vaccinated after the second shot. the J&J one is a single shot and you are fully vaxxed. 

as with all flu shots- you will have to get annually.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

59 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

261 new cases... that's concerning.

We had that much when the second wave was winding down.

I might be over reacting though, because we had 3400 tests yesterday,  we normally have around 220... that might be a good reason why the numbers are high.

Yeah. The two part shot is so you are fully vaccinated after the second shot. the J&J one is a single shot and you are fully vaxxed. 

as with all flu shots- you will have to get annually.

well I can live with annual flu shots, being sick is a drag no matter what you get.

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

I can't believe how poorly the Feds have handled foreign travel. And, they're pathetic responses when questioned have been even worse. 

Why is it so hard to shut down international flights and maintain a forced quarantine??

WearyCandidCormorant-max-1mb.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

36 minutes ago, bustamente said:

One thing you can expect Government to do is get it wrong each and every time, that has to change most probably not in my lifetime but that has to change so that they don't serve themselves but rather the peoples best interest 

Yes, but they often figure it out. We're 13 months in and the Liberals are just like, what could we do?!

55 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WearyCandidCormorant-max-1mb.gif

I get that but it's costing us a whole ton more to keep it open. Dead people don't vote.

Edited by JCon

46 minutes ago, JCon said:

I get that but it's costing us a whole ton more to keep it open. 

Morally yes , financially not even close.  

Having everything wide open even with a higher amount of people dying would definitely save the Gov't a crap load of money.   That would be looking at purely at an economical view with absolute zero regards to the value of a human life.    I can't imagine the Liberals would ever go full crazy and let everything rip like in Texas and Florida because they do value have some sort of positive reputation in the long term. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

One thing you can expect Government to do is get it wrong each and every time, that has to change most probably not in my lifetime but that has to change so that they don't serve themselves but rather the peoples best interest 

My idea of a perfect government is one guy who sits in a small room at a desk, and the only thing he’s allowed to decide is who to nuke. The man is chosen based on some kind of IQ test, and maybe also a physical tournament, like a decathlon. And women are brought to him, maybe…when he desires them. --- Ron Swanson

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Morally yes , financially not even close.  

Having everything wide open even with a higher amount of people dying would definitely save the Gov't a crap load of money.   That would be looking at purely at an economical view with absolute zero regards to the value of a human life.    I can't imagine the Liberals would ever go full crazy and let everything rip like in Texas and Florida because they do value have some sort of positive reputation in the long term. 

Full hospitals and dead taxpayers have an economical cost from the government's perspective.   That second one is likely much harder to quantify though.

I swear to God Winkler MB did mass labotamies lately. If it isn't the center for a new wave of variant in Manitoba I will be shocked. I needed to service  some of my equipment so I went into a local dealer/ parts place. I go by the secretary - No mask. Go over to the parts counters. 3 parts men - No masks. I glance over at the service desk, 2 guys there - No masks. I'm in there for about 15 or 20  minutes getting things and about  6 other customers come and go - 1mask. Apparently they have just brushed off the entire pandemic. I just don't get it. I really don't.

33 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I swear to God Winkler MB did mass labotamies lately. If it isn't the center for a new wave of variant in Manitoba I will be shocked. I needed to service  some of my equipment so I went into a local dealer/ parts place. I go by the secretary - No mask. Go over to the parts counters. 3 parts men - No masks. I glance over at the service desk, 2 guys there - No masks. I'm in there for about 15 or 20  minutes getting things and about  6 other customers come and go - 1mask. Apparently they have just brushed off the entire pandemic. I just don't get it. I really don't.

Clueless Mennonites? I, for one, am shocked!

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

That works only if your innoculator is radioactive. You'd think people would have learned this by now. Geez.

I'm from Pinawa....I can only assume that my shot (tomorrow - woooooo!) will enhance my pre-existing irradiation....(We are baptised in it at birth....rite of passage and all that...) My hope is that I turn into Captain America, but more likely to be The Hulk or Abomination...

15 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The deed is done. Now to wait for my superpowers.

Don't count on it. Unless chills and a headache are a super power. 

And don't look for help from anyone at MBB. I'm still waiting... :934_arrow_down::934_arrow_down::934_arrow_down:

On 2021-04-20 at 4:00 PM, JCon said:

Ha!
Even the Rogers network is working now. 
Let's just say, my Excel is not freezing. 
Phone seems quicker with a longer battery life

My Outlook on life is suddenly improved. 
Everything is great
!

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I'm from Pinawa....I can only assume that my shot (tomorrow - woooooo!) will enhance my pre-existing irradiation....(We are baptised in it at birth....rite of passage and all that...) My hope is that I turn into Captain America, but more likely to be The Hulk or Abomination...

If your doctor shows up in a hazmat suit, you get the super soldier serum.