Covid-19

JCon

4 hours ago, the watcher said:

Ontario is sure going into a hard lockdown. Some people are questioning the power they have given the police to enforce it but their hospital situation is desperate. I just wish that were stopping traffic going out as well as in. There's no way Manitoba dodges this. Get ready.

By the way I read about a variant of the Brazilian variant that has shown up in Brazil.  The big noticble difference is it also seems to be hitting children as well. Its also hits mildly to start then after 10 or 12 days hits very hard. Sorry I have no link as I can't remember where I read it. Maybe the Guardian. 

this?

https://abc7chicago.com/covid-chidlren-variant-coroanvirus-coronavirus-vaccine/10486843/

"Osterholm previously supported sending children back to school. He said the virus was not a major threat to children. Now, the situation has changed.

"Please understand, this B.1.1.7 variant is a brand new ball game," Osterholm said on NBC's Meet the Press. "It infects kids very readily. Unlike previous strains of the virus, we didn't see children under 8th grade get infected often or they were not frequently very ill, they didn't transmit to the rest of the community."

12 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

this?

https://abc7chicago.com/covid-chidlren-variant-coroanvirus-coronavirus-vaccine/10486843/

"Osterholm previously supported sending children back to school. He said the virus was not a major threat to children. Now, the situation has changed.

"Please understand, this B.1.1.7 variant is a brand new ball game," Osterholm said on NBC's Meet the Press. "It infects kids very readily. Unlike previous strains of the virus, we didn't see children under 8th grade get infected often or they were not frequently very ill, they didn't transmit to the rest of the community."

B117 is the UK variant I believe....definitely dangerous for all ages. Not AS bad as Brazilian variant (P1) but still really bad...really contagious.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/pimicikamak-cross-lake-cree-nation-shares-vaccine-doses-teachers-front-line-workers-1.5992729

In Thompson, Man., almost every teacher is now at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 after a nearby First Nation shared hundreds of extra doses with people outside the community last week.

Educators and front-line workers, including police officers, were among those surprised with a chance to get immunized when Pimicikamak, also known as Cross Lake Cree Nation, ran a four-day vaccine clinic to dole out a stockpile of extra doses, Chief David Monias said.

By the time the clinic wrapped on Saturday, 850 people had been vaccinated — including 180 teachers.

Pretty awesome news!

it's really starting to speed up now...more and more Canadians becoming eligible every week, it seems. And there'll be more vaccine brands coming on market soon, too. The JJ 1-shot is going to make a huge difference once it starts arriving...

Just saw this at the bottom of the Eligibility Criteria website:

Medical Clinics and Pharmacies

The AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD vaccine is used to provide COVID-19 vaccines in doctors’ offices and pharmacies. Manitoba public health officials have developed guidance for the use of the AstraZeneca/Covishield vaccine.

If you are a senior or have mobility issues and need help getting to your appointment at a clinic or pharmacy, call 211 for available transportation options in your area.

Eligibility Criteria

Effective April 19, 2021 - all Manitobans aged 40 and over will be eligible to receive the AstraZeneca/Covishield vaccine at a medical clinic or pharmacy. Eligible Manitobans can find their nearest clinic or pharmacy with available doses by visiting: manitoba.ca/covid19/vaccine/finder.html

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

I have my appointment for Friday morning. My wife has one for tomorrow. 

Current mood:

jonah-hill-excited.gif

pharmacyappointments.ca to make an appointment with Sobeys/Safeway

Here's the website for Shoppers/Loblaws:

https://shoppers-drug-mart.c.eforms.loblaw.ca/#/covid/covid-19-vaccine-patient-registration/Welcome/0?lang=en

They aren't updated yet with the new criteria though.