Covid-19

JCon

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Does anyone know how far out they're booking appointments at the super sites now? 

Not sure about how far out, but my mom just became eligible yesterday...either phoned or went online....and got the jab same day at Selkirk. I am amazed it happened that quickly. Also got my step-dad in for the 20th. Extremely thankful for this.

6 hours ago, Tracker said:
7 hours ago, JCon said:

Does anyone know how far out they're booking appointments at the super sites now? 

Seems like Winnipeg is about 3 weeks. Rural sites much less. Have a cousin in Carman that became eligible yesterday called and had an appointment in 40 minutes. Had to get in the car and hustle. 

Edited by GCJenks
Wrong quote

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I see another lockdown on the horizon, don't think that there is an appetite for it but so few have been vaccinated, the variants are becoming the main strain and cases are starting to go up which  means the hospitals will fill up again

Do it now, do it right and save us from that 3rd wave. 

All of our neighbors are entering their 3rd wave- we see it. We have about two to four weeks starting this past Tuesday- why squander this window of opportunity? Why wait until the ICUs fill up and the deaths start going up and the age of those with serious complications of the virus goes down? 

******* madness... 

"Three more deaths linked to the illness were also announced on Friday, including a man in his 20s from the Northern Health Region, the province said in a news release.

The province also announced 37 newly identified cases of more contagious coronavirus variants, most of which are in the Winnipeg health region."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-1.5981517

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

22 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Do it now, do it right and save us from that 3rd wave. 

All of our neighbors are entering their 3rd wave- we see it. We have about two to four weeks starting this past Tuesday- why squander this window of opportunity? Why wait until the ICUs fill up and the deaths start going up and the age of those with serious complications of the virus goes down? 

******* madness... 

"Three more deaths linked to the illness were also announced on Friday, including a man in his 20s from the Northern Health Region, the province said in a news release.

The province also announced 37 newly identified cases of more contagious coronavirus variants, most of which are in the Winnipeg health region."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-1.5981517

They're only concerned with the ICU. As long as the ICU numbers remain lower, they won't lock anything further down. Then, when it's really bad, they'll wag their fingers again and shut things down. 

We can't really tell a whole lot from the daily numbers.

There is still a high number of cases from the north, so my first question is: are they still going into communities and testing everyone?

Because with out the north, cases are under 100 today. 

The big problem I see out here in the sticks is that the anti-maskers have been emboldened.  Buisnesses aren't enforcing their policies partly because of a lack of support from city/town councils and therefore local police as well. They are all, afraid of upsetting the fundamentalist church crowd. When the 3rd  wave hits it will come from the Southern  part of the province. My shot on Sunday can't come soon enough.