Covid-19

JCon

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Partially Shut Due To COVID-19 Outbreak and some workers have been quarantined.

That’s according to several people familiar with the situation, including a club member who received a phone call about the closure Friday. A receptionist at the Mar-a-Lago club confirmed the news, saying it was closed until further notice, but declined to comment further.

A person familiar with club operations said that, out of an abundance of caution, the club had partially closed a section “for a short period of time” and quarantined some of its workers. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the situation by name.

The extent of the outbreak, what portions of the club were closed or how it was affecting the former first family weren’t immediately clear.

Trump's Mar-a-Lago Partially Shut Due To COVID-19 Outbreak | HuffPost

I know I shouldn't have,  but I went off on a guy in Superstore. Him and his 20 something daughter were walking around no mask, no space with other shoppers  and I just lost it. Then he said he didn't have to worry about Covid because Jesus was his salvation. That really put me over the top. It got a bit ugly. I must be getting Covid fatigue to get sucked into that.  Hurry up vaccines . ( I'm getting close )

1 minute ago, the watcher said:

I know I shouldn't have,  but I went off on a guy in Superstore. Him and his 20 something daughter were walking around no mask, no space with other shoppers  and I just lost it. Then he said he didn't have to worry about Covid because Jesus was his salvation. That really put me over the top. It got a bit ugly. I must be getting Covid fatigue to get sucked into that.  Hurry up vaccines . ( I'm getting close )

The Christian churches opposed vaccination when it first appeared, and even advised against lightning rods for the same reason- if God wants to kill you, you shouldn't interfere with that. This thinking is so wrong for so many reasons. As a contrast, the Dalai Lama has said that if religion conflicts with science, we ought to go with science.

My wife's grandmother is a rabid Ukrainian Catholic up in Sandy Lake (south of Riding Mountain) and she's refusing the vaccine, despite all the family trying to talk her into it. Says God will protect her. Ai yi yi..... With all due respect, I just don't understand you church types.... 

I've developed a really bad nasal infection in the past couple of days. It really started bothering me Thursday afternoon at work while wearing a mask. Every time I had to adjust it on my face, the bridge of my nose hurt like hell. I went to an emergency clinic Thursday night & got some antibiotics. They also gave me a Covid test for which I tested negative. But man, my nose feels like it's broken even though it isn't. With the infection, it hurts just to touch it. Hopefully the antibiotics kick in the next day or so. I was concerned as every Grade 9 student at one of the schools I drive for have been put on isolation/at home computer learning & won't return until after Spring Break in early April. 

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

My wife's grandmother is a rabid Ukrainian Catholic up in Sandy Lake (south of Riding Mountain) and she's refusing the vaccine, despite all the family trying to talk her into it. Says God will protect her. Ai yi yi..... With all due respect, I just don't understand you church types.... 

Science will take you to the moon...religion flies you into buildings.

(not my quote, but applicable here nonetheless)

12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

As a Christian, you have to be well aware that God endowed us with reason among other things. Maybe just maybe vaccinations, social distancing etc are some of his tools to protect us.

Editorial offers biblical argument explaining how evangelical Christians teach false doctrine
I was raised by a pair of wild hippies, so my heart has always been committed to liberal ideology. As a Bible-believing Christian, however, I was surrounded by evangelical theology throughout my youth, in various churches, Bible camps and so on. When I decided to enter the ministry to attempt to change that conservative theology, I attended an evangelical seminary. It was clear on my first day on campus that no reform was going to occur.

If I happened to mention voting for Al Gore, I was told by my classmates that God keeps a record of my voting history and that I had voted for a man who endorses baby-killing and tearing down the American family. Honestly, I was just hoping that President Gore might help save the planet and not make up a reason to go to war in Iraq. Anyway, in my 10 years in ministry, I had even less luck making any changes, which is why I left the formal ministry a couple of years ago.

The truth then, and even more so now, is that we cannot separate Republicans, and now the Trumpists, from the evangelicals. I have seen my fellow "Christian left" types attempting to reform the God vote — in fact, I've done it myself — but I feel we have been too timid in our approach. Stronger language and a pure rejection of evangelical theology is needed. From a purely Christian point of view, the evangelical leadership are false teachers teaching a false doctrine. Trumpism cannot be defeated without first facing down evangelicalism. Jesus Christ, who these people claim as their savior, himself provided a warning against these religious hypocrites in Matthew 23:

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
The only real threat to Christianity is Christianity itself. Leading evangelical pastors like Franklin Graham and Robert Jeffress made a passionate plea for Christian voters to ignore Trump's shortcomings as a man because he stands with the Christian church on all things that are right and true. Apparently, that means Christians must shut the door to all LGBTQ people, abortion providers, liberals, immigrants, Muslims and anyone who happens to mention taxing the wealthy.

Editorial offers biblical argument explaining how evangelical Christians teach false doctrine - Alternet.org

13 hours ago, iHeart said:

wasn't there a meme circulating on facebook regarding all this? I haven't seen it in months though, it was in comic form and it ended with the person being told off by god or something

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

This happened yesterday and it is important information for particular age group.
A friend had his 1st dose of the vaccine at the vaccination center. Afterwards he began to have blurred vision on the way home.
When he got home, he called the vaccination center for advice and to ask if he should go see a doctor or be hospitalized.
He was told NOT to go to a doctor or a hospital, but just return to the vaccination center and pick up his glasses. *

-Shared from a friend.
Edited by Tracker

On 2021-03-20 at 2:36 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I've developed a really bad nasal infection in the past couple of days.

As a Top 1% seasonal(but really everyday) allergy sufferer the easy answer is the underlying dust on the street and the stuff under the melting snow. Snow mold is big.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

U.S. AstraZeneca Study Shows Vaccine Gives Total Protection From Severe COVID-19

AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine is 100 percent effective in preventing severe disease and hospitalization, according to the results of a long-awaited U.S. trial released early Monday morning. The impressive figures—based on a massive trial which included more than 32,000 participants mostly based in America, but also in Chile and Peru—showed 79 percent efficacy against symptomatic disease and total protection from severe disease. Crucially, the trial identified absolutely no safety concerns and, specifically on the issue of blood clots that caused a wave of panic about the vaccine in some European countries, the independent committee found “no increased risk of thrombosis or events characterized by thrombosis.” The findings will now be sent to the Food and Drug Administration to support an application for emergency authorization of the vaccine.

U.S. AstraZeneca Study Shows Vaccine Gives Total Protection From Severe COVID-19 (thedailybeast.com)

29 minutes ago, Tracker said:

U.S. AstraZeneca Study Shows Vaccine Gives Total Protection From Severe COVID-19

AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine is 100 percent effective in preventing severe disease and hospitalization, according to the results of a long-awaited U.S. trial released early Monday morning. The impressive figures—based on a massive trial which included more than 32,000 participants mostly based in America, but also in Chile and Peru—showed 79 percent efficacy against symptomatic disease and total protection from severe disease. Crucially, the trial identified absolutely no safety concerns and, specifically on the issue of blood clots that caused a wave of panic about the vaccine in some European countries, the independent committee found “no increased risk of thrombosis or events characterized by thrombosis.” The findings will now be sent to the Food and Drug Administration to support an application for emergency authorization of the vaccine.

U.S. AstraZeneca Study Shows Vaccine Gives Total Protection From Severe COVID-19 (thedailybeast.com)

That's incredible if true.

5 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

That's incredible if true.

The size of the sample population (32,000) would seem to give a great deal of credibility to the study. As an aside, my sister in law (in her 60's) who had a fairly mild case of COVID late last fall has just been hospitalized with multiple blood clots in her lungs. Whether it relates to the infection she had is not certain but appears to be related.

my dad has been booked for his vaccine (don't worry I'm not going to announce every single person in my family that got booked as I am one of many cousins and have plenty of Aunts and Uncles) next month, my mother has already registered for hers over the weekend (so likely we will find on on thursday when she's getting hers)

oh yeah and Granny got the shot from Pfrizer

Edited by iHeart

So, according to a story on Global TV news today, Covid 19 is on the rise in the US with the new variants leading the way & the new hotspot is surprise... surprise... Florida. Especially with hundreds of thousands of dumbass college kids partying on Spring Break. The mayor of Miami Beach has declared a State of Emergency & an 8pm curfew & the entitled young snowflakes are outraged. Restaurants & bars in that city there are closed. And the poor kids are crying, "The Governor PROMISED!!!!!"  What a joke. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

So, according to a story on Global TV news today, Covid 19 is on the rise in the US with the new variants leading the way & the new hotspot is surprise... surprise... Florida. Especially with hundreds of thousands of dumbass college kids partying on Spring Break. The mayor of Miami Beach has declared a State of Emergency & an 8pm curfew & the entitled young snowflakes are outraged. restaurants & bars there are closed. And the poor kids are crying, "The Governor PROMISED!!!!!"  What a joke. 

Since the Americans are so litigious, maybe the best thing that could happen is that the parents of a young person who dies of a COVID infection acquired in a Florida visit would sue the governor personally for contributing to a wrongful death.