Covid-19

JCon

20 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Amount of tests performed have gone up too. over 2100 test yesterday and 1928 of them on Tuesday...  up from 1,200 and 1,400 from the days before that...

Would make me believe they have a couple reserves with outbreaks so they go in and mass test the entire place.

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Would make me believe they have a couple reserves with outbreaks so they go in and mass test the entire place.

It is the safest, most sensible approach - but it does temporarily inflate the numbers. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

not sure I like the consistent creeping back up of daily case counts.... tho certainly to be expected with the re-openings....

Not necessarily.  The regions outside Winnipeg (excluding the North) remain very stable.

It is also noteworthy that while cases in the North are spiking -  most deaths are still coming from Winnipeg. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Where do you find this?

well I think Frosty shared this link like awhile ago but it's worth posting again

https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/queue-calculator.html

Every provincial website should have this, as now my place in line is 433,220

and granted I posted the update before the provincial cases update. I am well aware that it's going to be a long time before my turn comes, but it's just nice to know that my place in line has taken quite a leap up

Edited by iHeart

That calculator is so messed up. At least they've finally updated it a bit but it's not really reflective of anything. 

My FIL is in his 70s and it says there are less than 50k in front of him. Based on how many doses they're getting, he should be immunized next week but they haven't expanded it at all. 

Unrelated, I've also learned that receptionists in dentists offices are getting the vaccine now. I'm not sure how a receptionist, who has zero contact with the public (behind shields and whatnot), should be getting the vaccine before seniors get it. Totally messed up. 

Active cases finally got adjusted and fell under 1000, yes numbers in the North have gone up but those should start falling in the coming week, numbers in the Winnipeg area considering that restrictions have eased a bit and in dining is slowly happen is about as good as can be expected number wise, week by week more and more are getting vaccinated and while we may never fully eradicate this virus we are well on the way to controlling it and treating it.