Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm 65 so happy to hear I'll be getting the Pfizer vaccine. 

I was thinking about you today when they were announcing the fast tracking... Figured you'd be up soon. It honestly doesn't matter what vaccine you get. Just take what's offered and get er done. 

Being able to delay the 2nd dose to 4 months is huge for getting the first shot into as many people as possible. If everyone gets their first shot by summer that goes a long long way to getting lives back to normal. The question of course is, does life go back to normal? Or has there been a systemic change that will linger?

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

That was my big take away from all of this.... As long as numbers stay consistently low, I can see them allowing fans again. Especially in AB where they just love being a lab rat for this sorta thing... 

At this point, pretty much everyone is ready to be a lab rat. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I was thinking about you today when they were announcing the fast tracking... Figured you'd be up soon. It honestly doesn't matter what vaccine you get. Just take what's offered and get er done. 

Hey appreciate it. Step #1 to getting our lives back to normal. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Exactly this, the more vaccine's the better. Whichever one is one the menu the day my number is called I am all for it. There is still a lot of confusion about the vaccine's, especially the Astra-Zeneca. There are no contra-indications for those over 65, just not enough in the studies to be able to declare it effective. Germany has now completed their own study and approved it for over 65 and the UK has been administering it over 65 for a few weeks already.

It is getting to the point now that I am starting to wonder about kids. When will we have news for the under 16 year olds?

7 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Exactly this, the more vaccine's the better. Whichever one is one the menu the day my number is called I am all for it. There is still a lot of confusion about the vaccine's, especially the Astra-Zeneca. There are no contra-indications for those over 65, just not enough in the studies to be able to declare it effective. Germany has now completed their own study and approved it for over 65 and the UK has been administering it over 65 for a few weeks already.

It is getting to the point now that I am starting to wonder about kids. When will we have news for the under 16 year olds?

They're testing a vaccine (I forget which) on 11-15 year olds right now and hope to be able to administer the vaccine this summer. Next wave, under 11, starts soon too, I believe.

Octogenarians in Manitoba can now book an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. 

The provincial government has expanded eligibility criteria to include seniors who are 80 years old or older, and First Nations people age 60 or older. 

When calling to book an appointment, spouses and household members who are eligible can book appointments at the same time. 

The booking number is 1-844-626-8222. A full list of eligibility criteria can be accessed at www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/eligibility-criteria.html