Covid-19

JCon

Current health orders expire on March 6th. If this trend continues, I expect them to open things up more. They'll want to increase indoor shopping and dining, and, perhaps, allow indoor recreation for children's programming. We should hear more later this week. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Current health orders expire on March 6th. If this trend continues, I expect them to open things up more. They'll want to increase indoor shopping and dining, and, perhaps, allow indoor recreation for children's programming. We should hear more later this week. 

I'm hoping for masks being made optional in schools, especially with 2 metres seating distance and hand washing in place.  Masks are really becoming a drag. 

I would honestly be okay with masks becoming a permanent part of society. Reduce regular cold/flu. I'd love to see social distancing stick around, too. Things are generally too people-y.....maintain the 6' rule and people keeping distance in public. I'd be more than okay with all of that.

37 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I would honestly be okay with masks becoming a permanent part of society. Reduce regular cold/flu. I'd love to see social distancing stick around, too. Things are generally too people-y.....maintain the 6' rule and people keeping distance in public. I'd be more than okay with all of that.

So basically you would not want to ever go to a sold out game with the Bombers where everyone is screaming at the top of their lungs minus the masks?

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

This has been the norm in parts of Asia for years already: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea.  When someone is sick, they wear a mask when they go out as a social responsibility in order to minimize the risk of spreading the illness.

I still don't understand how wearing a mask to reduce the spread of contagious seasonal viruses is somehow equated to tyrannical actions like having's one's rights or freedom taken away. But that's another discussion.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This has been the norm in parts of Asia for years already: Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea.  When someone is sick, they wear a mask when they go out as a social responsibility in order to minimize the risk of spreading the illness.

I still don't understand how wearing a mask to reduce the spread of contagious seasonal viruses is somehow equated to tyrannical actions like having's one's rights or freedom taken away. But that's another discussion.

**** you that's why.

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'd love to see social distancing stick around, too. Things are generally too people-y.....maintain the 6' rule and people keeping distance in public. I'd be more than okay with all of that.

A good idea, however the problem is that it was initially referred to as social distancing instead of physical distancing. A number of people take it as "avoid coming anywhere near other people at all costs". I'm out and about walking in my neighbourhood daily (with or without dog) and have had people 1) stop when they see me coming, turn around and walk back the way they came, 2) move over to give about 15' of distancing (even after I've moved over a few feet), 3) cross the street when they see me approaching, and 4) move from the sidewalk to walk on the street when they see me approaching.

All of these examples tell me that either I'm horribly ugly, or they're taking it way too far (or a bit of both). These folks must have to take a Prozac so they can go into a grocery store - assuming they've been in one in the past year.

I personally don't think there's a "taking it too far". Would much rather see those examples you listed, rather than someone coming too close. Absolutely nothing wrong with keeping as much distance as possible at all times. We know how infectious this virus (and especially the new variants) is, so why take any chances?? 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I personally don't think there's a "taking it too far". Would much rather see those examples you listed, rather than someone coming too close. Absolutely nothing wrong with keeping as much distance as possible at all times. We know how infectious this virus (and especially the new variants) is, so why take any chances?? 

Respectfully disagree with "as much distance as possible at all times". Why go outside then? Yes these are extreme examples that I gave but they happen. I'm not expecting a complete stranger walking by to give me a hug (and I hope they don't expect it from me), but c'mon...crossing the street instead of passing by someone? That's just being socially moronic.

As far as future flu seasons, the fundamentals of staying home when you're sick and frequently sanitizing your hands should be done anyway. Maintaining that physical distance is just extra insurance.

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

No, there's nothing wrong with it, but at the end of the day, people need to decide for themselves.  

Once we have a significant portion of our population vaccinated, we should no longer be fining people for not wearing masks.

And if that were to occur, we should consider it a serious problem

On 2021-02-22 at 5:41 PM, Noeller said:

Personally I have found my coworkers are much more tolerable kilometers away from me.

Seriously, working from home is the best.

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

Need a Hug?

Seriously, I hate not being able to hug someone I haven’t seen in a while. I work in an industry that people and relationships are as important as product and the distanced physical contact just lacks “feels” and it has been one of the hardest parts of the pandemic for me.

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Need a Hug?

Seriously, I hate not being able to hug someone I haven’t seen in a while. I work in an industry that people and relationships are as important as product and the distanced physical contact just lacks “feels” and it has been one of the hardest parts of the pandemic for me.

that just sounds gross...ha ha. I just really, generally speaking, don't like people. I tolerate a very specific small group of people... but mostly, I'd really prefer people keep their distance at all times.