Covid-19

JCon

Just now, Jpan85 said:

That Church is way outside even normal conservative people in this area.  Plus Steinbach has one case in the past 3 weeks I think. 

but also Plum Coulee...very much part of the BB.....just such an insane world south of the Trans Can.......

39 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

while I'm disappointed in the delay on this, I'm really glad to see such strict factors before approval. Would rather wait a little bit longer to ensure that it's absolutely going to work properly...

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That one is the Oxford one right? Isn't it only like 70% effective?

Oxford-AstraZeneca - There's been some confusion over the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine, because of a dosing mistake in one of the early trials. But what's clear is that its efficacy with a standard, two-dose schedule is 62%.

J&J - In clinical trials, the J&J vaccine was 72% effective against mild disease, 85% against severe disease, and importantly, no one was hospitalized or died 28 days after getting the vaccine.

The gold standards...

Moderna - Based on studies in about 30,000 participants, the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was 94.1% effective in preventing COVID-19 beginning 2 weeks after the second dose. This means that people may not be fully protected against COVID-19 until at least 14 days after the second dose....

Pfizer-BioNTech - Based on studies in about 44,000 participants, the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was 95% effective in preventing COVID-19 beginning 1 week after the second dose. This means that people may not be fully protected against COVID-19 until at least 7 days after the second dose....

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

Interesting stuff... Someone told me that vaccines aren't normally even close to this efficacy. I don't know enough to know, but apparently the regular seasonal flu vaccine is much much lower percent? 

Mainly because they take an educated guess at what the variant will be, and are often wrong.

Yeah, I'm thinking virtually all adults will be vaccinated by mid-summer at the latest, leaving only 18 and under for late summer..... we'll be looking much better, in terms of overall case numbers and hospitalizations. All of this goes along with the fact that summer is generally a low period for influenzas in general...

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I'm thinking virtually all adults will be vaccinated by mid-summer at the latest, leaving only 18 and under for late summer..... we'll be looking much better, in terms of overall case numbers and hospitalizations. All of this goes along with the fact that summer is generally a low period for influenzas in general...

I was always led to believe that 20 and under won't be vaccinated since they have not done trials on them yet to see how the vaccine works for them

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I was always led to believe that 20 and under won't be vaccinated since they have not done trials on them yet to see how the vaccine works for them

Under 16. 

But, they've begun trials on the 12-16 year-olds. They hope to be able to immunize 12 to 16 year-olds this summer. Younger groups are next for trials. 

Could be a blip could be a sign of times, with gyms being re opened and in person dining cases going up are a real possibility, there are some positive as there are close to 400 less active cases and hospital counts are trending down, general population 95 and over for vaccines next week 

Just now, bustamente said:

Could be a blip could be a sign of times, with gyms being re opened and in person dining cases going up are a real possibility, there are some positive as there are close to 400 less active cases and hospital counts are trending down, general population 95 and over for vaccines next week 

Or it could be essentially exactly the same because they just did more tests...oh yeah that's exactly what it is.