Covid-19

JCon

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

This is worrisome considering both vaccines (Moderna/pfizer) don't stop those who have them from spreading it. The vaccines stop people from dying/getting seriously sick. But don't stop people from getting it or spreading it.

This is something that has not yet been determined for the Covid vaccine - some vaccines do work that way.

In any case, the majority of cases come from contact with asymptomatic individuals. 

31 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

This is something that has not yet been determined for the Covid vaccine - some vaccines do work that way.

In any case, the majority of cases come from contact with asymptomatic individuals. 

I believe it has been determined, I'd have to dig to find the articles that I read. But even if it hasn't. We should be 100% of the time erring on the side of caution. To do otherwise is insane.

14 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I believe it has been determined, I'd have to dig to find the articles that I read. But even if it hasn't. We should be 100% of the time erring on the side of caution. To do otherwise is insane.

Oh, there's certainly a ready supply of insanity, this whole thing has been mostly by guess and by God. 

Fauci says it will be 'open season' for COVID-19 vaccine by April

On Thursday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, delivered hopeful news about vaccine availability and the country's lagging roll-out. On NBC's "Today" show, echoing remarks from earlier in the day, Fauci said there could be an "open season" on available vaccine doses by April.

"By the time we get to April, that will be what I would call, for better wording, 'open season,' namely, virtually everybody and anybody in any category could start to get vaccinated," Fauci said. "From then on, it would likely take several more months just logistically to get the vaccine into people's arms, so that hopefully as we get into the middle and end of the summer, we could have accomplished the goal of what we're talking about — namely the overwhelming majority of people in this country having gotten vaccinated."

(Good news as two more vaccines have applied for approval)

Absolutely petrified of the increase we're about to see because of the variants and way-too-soon re-opening. I figure within the next month we'll see a reversal of the decreases and new cases will starry to outpace the recoveries again... 

Edited by Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Absolutely petrified of the increase we're about to see because of the variants and way-too-soon re-opening. I figure within the next month we'll see a reversal of the decreases and new cases will starry to outpace the recoveries again... 

No sense being terrified as you can only control what you & your wife do. Life is much too short to be afraid. Just live your life on your own terms. 

33 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No sense being terrified as you can only control what you & your wife do. Life is much too short to be afraid. Just live your life on your own terms. 

I think the issue is that what other people do impacts me. So I can do everything right and obey all the rules, but other people are assholes and disobey and ruin it for everyone else. 

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think the issue is that what other people do impacts me. So I can do everything right and obey all the rules, but other people are assholes and disobey and ruin it for everyone else. 

Do what you're doing now. Looks like so far so good on your part. Social distance. wear a mask & wash your hands often. I drive a school bus so I know how you feel. I have a face shield, wear a triple layered surgical mask & always carry hand sanitizer in my car, pocket & work bag on the bus.  I haven't worn any of these so called cool masks with team  or company logos on them, I'd rather feel more safe in a surgical mask than cool in a single layer mask. All we can do. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

are we not going to get a update today because of the holiday?

oh well, at least with holidays I can pretend that there were no new cases and no new deaths but tomorrow we'll probably be in Triple digit territory again and we'll get an update on those 7 probable b117 cases

Edited by iHeart