Covid-19

JCon

2 hours ago, iHeart said:
I Can't wait to go shopping

My only concern is that many people are going to go shopping just for the sake to get out rather then shopping only out of need.   I can see a tonne of the old seniors crowding the stores because they have nothing better to do which will then impact the people who actually need to purchase goods.  (Costco) 

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My only concern is that many people are going to go shopping just for the sake to get out rather then shopping only out of need.   I can see a tonne of the old seniors crowding the stores because they have nothing better to do which will then impact the people who actually need to purchase goods.  (Costco) 

I resemble that remark.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

well I'm not going to go right away, I'm going to wait for it to get a little warmer before I make any long trips

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

"Crowding" in that situation should be minimal IF stores enforce the defined capacity limits. Hopefully it just means more waiting to get in.

3 hours ago, Stretch said:

"Crowding" in that situation should be minimal IF stores enforce the defined capacity limits. Hopefully it just means more waiting to get in.

I just would feel bad for someone who has to go to work 9 - 5 and then rushes home to feed their children and then only has minimal time to hit a Costco... only for the line to be 200 people deep because a bunch of bored people are just wandering around the store.   During the early parts of COVID I fondly remember going to Costco and seeing really old people walking around with a giant shopping cart and like only a package of bread just because they wanted to get out and look at all of the aisles. 

The reason I single out old people is because when I did work retail they would come in at all times simply to look around and to chat with the employees because they were lonely.  

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I just would feel bad for someone who has to go to work 9 - 5 and then rushes home to feed their children and then only has minimal time to hit a Costco... only for the line to be 200 people deep because a bunch of bored people are just wandering around the store.   During the early parts of COVID I fondly remember going to Costco and seeing really old people walking around with a giant shopping cart and like only a package of bread just because they wanted to get out and look at all of the aisles. 

The reason I single out old people is because when I did work retail they would come in at all times simply to look around and to chat with the employees because they were lonely.  

Sure, sure. As soon as I can stand up and find my walker, I'm going to come over there and........what were we talking about? Mother?

4 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else upset that City employees have apparently had gym access? Total Bullshit imo.

NO RESTRICTION ON CERTAIN SERVICES
Nothing in these Orders prevents, restricts or
governs the operations or the delivery of services by
any of the following:
(a) the Government of Canada;
(b) the Government of Manitoba;
(c) the Manitoba Legislative Assembly;
(d) the Provincial Court of Manitoba, the Court of
Queen's Bench of Manitoba and The Court of
Appeal;
(e) a municipality, except in relation to the
delivery of transit and recreational services and
the operation of recreational and library
facilities;
(f) the council of a municipality;
(g) a Crown corporation or other government
agency;
(h) any person or publicly funded agency,
organization or authority that delivers or
supports government operations and services,
including health care operations and services;
(i) a health professional.

I guess city employees are immune to spreading COVID? Lucky us! I had no idea! Guess I won;t be wearing my mask anymore /s