Covid-19

JCon

15 minutes ago, bustamente said:

These numbers are going to be with us until the end of November maybe even the first week of December, then if the restrictions are doing anything we should see a steady decline.

A CNN poll last week indicated that less than half (43%) of Americans were planning to stay home for Thanksgiving tomorrow. The rest were intending to have a usual gathering, which means that in about 2 weeks afterwards, the doodoo will hit the fan and their hospital ERs will look like the last act of Hamlet. That will be of some comfort for us in the Great White North, but not much. I hope we will be in a downturn of casefindings, hospitalizations and deaths by then.

Edited by Tracker

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And yet no one was fined. The province is putting all this talk into enforcement but when people know they aren't going to enforce it, it's just useless talk. When they only fined one person at the rally, the Organizer, their inaction spoke volumes. 

Until they start holding people accountable that are clearly and knowingly violating orders nothing is gonna change.

Edited by itchy

On 2020-11-22 at 9:53 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm 65. I told my wife that if I ever get to the point I need to be put in a personal care home I would rather die. I said if I'm forced to live in one that  I will starve myself to death. No way I will live in one of those places of horror. My wife's father did that 3 years ago. He decided he had had enough & stopped eating. He had fallen & broken his hip. He was 90 in hospital. He knew that he would never be going back to his own home & decided to end it. It only took him less than two weeks. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/qantas-other-airlines-covid-19-vaccine-proof-1.5813866

International air travel could come booming back next year but with a new rule: travellers to certain countries must be vaccinated against the coronavirus before they can fly.

Encouraging news about vaccine development has given airlines and nations hope they may soon be able to revive suspended flight routes and dust off lucrative tourism plans. But countries in Asia and the Pacific, in particular, are determined not to let their hard-won gains against the virus evaporate.

In Australia, the boss of Qantas, the country's largest airline, said that once a virus vaccine becomes widely available, his carrier will likely require passengers use it before they can travel abroad or land in Australia.

Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said he's been talking to his counterparts at other airlines around the world about the possibility of a "vaccination passport" for international travellers.

This should piss off the anti-vaxxers and covidiots. This is a great idea, IMO.

16 hours ago, itchy said:

And yet no one was fined. The province is putting all this talk into enforcement but when people know they aren't going to enforce it, it's just useless talk. When they only fined one person at the rally, the Organizer, their inaction spoke volumes. 

Until they start holding people accountable that are clearly and knowingly violating orders nothing is gonna change.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/pallister-manitoba-covid19-measures-1.5813870

To quote the article: 

"So far, 16 tickets have been sworn and more are expected to be handed out to people who took part in a large protest against COVID-19 measures on Nov. 14 in Steinbach."

35 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/pallister-manitoba-covid19-measures-1.5813870

To quote the article: 

"So far, 16 tickets have been sworn and more are expected to be handed out to people who took part in a large protest against COVID-19 measures on Nov. 14 in Steinbach."

Glad that has changed and they are starting to hand out fines. I think the protest and subsequent fall out forced the province's hand. Hopefully that $$ goes into health care. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I don't know a lot about the whole "Vaccine Passport" idea, but I like the idea in theory. Basically to do anything, go anywhere, gain access to an event.....you need to prove you've been vaccinated. Love that idea and hope it comes to fruition. 

Itching to get back to Asia, again.   I endorse this idea.