Covid-19

JCon

18 minutes ago, do or die said:

Tremendous news!

The White House Coronavirus Task Force is stepping up.    Vice President Pence is scheduled to meet with the task force at 2:30 p.m. The group will then hold a briefing at the White House at 4 p.m.

.......the first WHCTF  meeting and briefing, since......July!!!

Celebrating 6 months since the eradication of the virus in the US

19 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Sadly we have a few more weeks of these types of numbers, but what happens when these numbers do not lessen would this Government entertain a hard lockdown, 

How would a "Hard lockdown" differ?

Honest question as I dont know what else they can do.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

luckily for me, all I want for Christmas is to get some of those Super Teas that Tetley has been putting out, I am literally at the age where I actually would appreciate getting socks for Christmas (especially if they are those nice reading socks that Chapters/Indigo hawks)...and for me and the rest of my family on both sides gets out of this year alive. My family is huge, I really don't want to post here every time someone in my family dies from this virus. My grandmother is 93 and still lives in her own home (one of my aunts is living with her) one of my uncles has COPD and considering both that and COVID can effect breathing, well, let's just say that  THIS IS WHY I WEAR A MASK

Edited by iHeart

18 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How would a "Hard lockdown" differ?

Honest question as I dont know what else they can do.

Personally I don't think they can do anything more, it seems that the general public want to go shopping and continue with there everyday activities, my kids are long done with school so I wont comment on school closures but I would say that an extended Christmas break might help, maybe enforce what they say day in day out. I'm already resigned that this mess will be with us for a long time until vaccines are readily available to the public but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't try to mitigate new cases and death.

WTF is this all about?

"The orders come into effect on Friday, except for the rule requiring businesses to prevent access to non-essential items, which comes into effect on Saturday."

So... After all the teeth gnashing and public admonition about stores advertising about instore Black Friday door crashers and all that Jazz... they specifically push the "non essential items" order to Saturday, effectively keep I need Black Friday instore shopping alive and well... .. JFC, these guys and their mixed messaging...

17 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

WTF is this all about?

"The orders come into effect on Friday, except for the rule requiring businesses to prevent access to non-essential items, which comes into effect on Saturday."

So... After all the teeth gnashing and public admonition about stores advertising about instore Black Friday door crashers and all that Jazz... they specifically push the "non essential items" order to Saturday, effectively keep I need Black Friday instore shopping alive and well... .. JFC, these guys and their mixed messaging...

The order states that retailers must stop selling non-essential items as of midnight Friday. By Saturday they must not even be able to try and purchase them. Basically if you take a TV or gaming system to the till now, they have to refuse to sell it to you. By tomorrow they have to have blocked your access to even try and purchase in store.

As an essential retailer that’s volume is about 95% essential items but has lots of non-essential items on display this is a total pain in the arse. We spent much of yesterday removing access to certain items and today will finish.