Covid-19

JCon

53 minutes ago, Tracker said:

No progress at all. Holding steady in infections means really losing ground.

31 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed, but it is going to be at least a week before we see a significant improvement.

We won't see the rate come down before the weekend. Expect a significant drop in the test positivity rate early next week if these measures are working. 

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

The muted outrage from the premier would a helluva more effective if the Steinbach MLA and MP stood up on their hind legs and vigorously condemned the gathering, leaders therof and the thinking behind it. The organizers should be charged with the indicable offence of conspiracy to commit negligent homicide if one of the attendees gets dies, or committing bodily harm if one of them becomes seriously ill. You get better results if you use a kind word and a gun than just a kind word.

Edited by Tracker

When I was taking my psych training, we learnt of patient of CG. Jung's. This patient was convinced that he was dead, obviously delusional and resistant to therapy. After much work, the patient conceded that the dead do not bleed, so Jung pricked the patient's finger and a drop of blood appeared. The patient was stunned. He turned to Jung and said," I was wrong. The dead do bleed."

Appropos of that:

DEADLY DENIALISM: South Dakota Nurse: Dying COVID Patients Think It’s Fake

-CNN 
A South Dakota nurse whose tweets went viral over the weekend says the hardest part of her job is convincing some critically ill patients that they really do have COVID-19. “Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening, it’s not real,” Jodi Doering said on CNN. “Even after positive results come back, they don’t believe it.”

Edited by Tracker