Covid-19

JCon

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Who would want to go on a cruise?

Sorry, winter's coming. I need warmth. I'm up for it. Katie Holmes there right?

Today's Covidiots - https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/anti-mask-group-planning-car-rally-in-steinbach-top-doctor-warns-against-breaking-the-rules-1.5186810

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Sorry, winter's coming. I need warmth. I'm up for it. Katie Holmes there right?

Today's Covidiots - https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/anti-mask-group-planning-car-rally-in-steinbach-top-doctor-warns-against-breaking-the-rules-1.5186810

Ahhh Dr. Bohemier - the quackiest chiropractor you'll ever meet - he convinced a fairly large following to not vaccinate their kids.  I see he's still active after retirement...

NEW Last updated: November 13, 2020

Public health officials advise five additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today, including:

• a female in her 40s from the Northern health region;
  • a female in her 60s from the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority;
  • a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region;
  • a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Long Term Care Home; and
  • a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region. 

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 11.6 per cent provincially and 12.2 per cent in Winnipeg, and 437 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. However, three cases were removed due to being out-of-province and a data correction. This brings the net new cases to 434 and the total lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 10,216.

Today’s data shows:

• 33 cases in the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority;
  • 28 cases in the Northern health region;
  • 20 cases in Prairie Mountain Health;
  • 96 cases in Southern Health-Santé Sud; and
  • 260 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 6,307 active cases and 3,772 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
  • there are 231 people in hospital with 34 people in intensive care; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 137.

Laboratory testing numbers show 3,335 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 303,559. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified

On 2020-11-12 at 12:10 PM, JCon said:

So far, the school closure hasn't happened, so my sources were incorrect there. Although, I suspect that was the recommendation, which may have been disregarded. 

We just got a message that our school is adding a few more inservice days later this month to plan for remote learning.   

If the numbers continue then I would assume that everything goes remote in the new year after X-Mas break. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

We just got a message that our school is adding a few more inservice days later this month to plan for remote learning.   

If the numbers continue then I would assume that everything goes remote in the new year after X-Mas break. 

Yeah we got the same message for our kid who is in school. I'm guessing the same.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-herd-immunity-second-wave-coronavirus-cases-hospitalisations-surge-2020-11

Sweden's chief epidemiologist has admitted that the country is now experiencing a second wave of coronavirus despite predicting that the country's no-lockdown policy would prevent another surge.

Herd immunity, no lock down policies... didn't work

59 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Well apparently some people in Steinbach want this Covid thing to keep on rolling, yup no masks, let's gather and hug each other who care's about more cases we don't have to look death in the eye

BREAKING: The Reeve of La Broquerie, one of the speakers at the Steinbach rally, was just handed a $1,296 ticket for violating public health orders. He says he put a “target on my back” by speaking out. @ctvwinnipeg

Gee I wonder why there are 13 pages of obituaries in today's Free Press (I'm well aware that Saturday is usually the way we get the most Obits in the Free Press but 13 pages? really? maybe those anti-maskers and COVIDiots should TAKE.THE.HINT)

125489249_2774811969449975_8691465978369205905_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=xYYPOTgaWxoAX-gEs7r&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.fna&oh=42729daa92e94718b5631327304d276a&oe=5FD7B28F

Edited by iHeart