Covid-19

JCon

Big, big number again today. 

I bet some of it is due to a backlog but I'm hearing over 900. I really hope my sources are wrong. 

So far, the school closure hasn't happened, so my sources were incorrect there. Although, I suspect that was the recommendation, which may have been disregarded. 

11 minutes ago, JCon said:

I bet some of it is due to a backlog but I'm hearing over 900. I really hope my sources are wrong. 

So far, the school closure hasn't happened, so my sources were incorrect there. Although, I suspect that was the recommendation, which may have been disregarded. 

Or from film production :P

Hate to say but we will continue to see these numbers for a while they waited to long to go to red and the virus took hold of the long term care facilities, Got into hospitals, unfortunately many more will die and if people don’t adhere to the lockdown the virus will continue to have a high number of cases 

NEW Last updated: November 12, 2020

Public health officials advise nine additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today, including:

• A Female in her 50’s from the Winnipeg region;
  • A Male in his 60’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Parkview Place outbreak;
  • A Male in his 80’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Long Term Care Home;
  • A Male in his 80’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the Maples Long Term Care Home;
  • A Male in his 80’s from the Southern Health - Sante Sud and linked to the outbreak at the Bethesda Regional Health Care medicine unit;
  • A female in her 70’s from the Winnipeg region;
  • A Male in his 80’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Maples  Long Term Care Home;
  • Female in her 80’s from the from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Maples Long Term Care Home;
  • A Female in her 90’s from the Winnipeg region and linked to the outbreak at Holy Family Long Term Care;  

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 11 per cent provincially and 11.4 per cent in Winnipeg, and 474 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. bringing the total lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 9,782.
Today’s data shows:

• 26 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
  • 20 cases in the Northern health region;
  • 19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
  • 94 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
  • 315 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 6,030 active cases and 3,620 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
  • there are 227 people in hospital with 34 people in intensive care; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 132.

Laboratory testing numbers show 3,717 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 300,169. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I was clearly wrong about the number. Sorry, if it caused anyone concern. Last time I heard from the same source it was the first time we had over 400 and they were correct. 

It's still ridiculously high but not double what we see. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Who would want to go on a cruise?

Suicide. Slow, slow suicide.