Covid-19

JCon

20 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Winnipeg Police Service has launched a “preliminary assessment” of the rash of deaths at the Maples Personal Care Home.

An outbreak of the novel coronavirus has killed 22 people at the for-profit nursing home, including eight deaths during a recent 48-hour stretch.

Also...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/face-masks-don-t-hinder-breathing-during-exercise-canadian-researchers-find-1.5174686

I've got an "Aunt" in there after she suffered a stroke. Have to keep checking with Dad if he's heard anything.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Can this be right? 
All these people are accredited.

Where are the loonies?

Edit - Biden's coronavirus advisory board to include whistleblower demoted in Trump administration

Hold on a second, where are the family members?, anyways back to our own problems

NEW Last updated: November 9, 2020

Public health officials advise three additional deaths due to COVID-19 have been reported today, including:

• a male in his 70’s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region;
  • a male in his 90’s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
  • a female in her 80’s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the outbreak at Victoria General Hospital.

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 9.5 per cent provincially and 9.3 per cent in Winnipeg, and 365 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. which brings the total lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 8,495.

Today’s data shows:

• 16 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
  • 16 cases in the Northern health region;
  • nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
  • 91 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and
  • 233 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 5,152 active cases and 3,234 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
  • there are 192 people in hospital with 28 people in intensive care; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 109.

Laboratory testing numbers show 3,143 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February to 288,568. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.

Edited by bustamente

22 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

We are going down an ugly road.

It's quite possible that if things don't improve in the next couple of weeks that a lockdown may be in play, I never thought that it would talked about but we can't continue with 300 plus cases a day and people continuing to die and stretch the hospitals to a breaking point which could happen any day now if it hasn't already.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

It's quite possible that if things don't improve in the next couple of weeks that a lockdown may be in play, I never thought that it would talked about but we can't continue with 300 plus cases a day and people continuing to die and stretch the hospitals to a breaking point which could happen any day now if it hasn't already.

I'm not sure if you caught the end of today's Roussin presser but he said more restrictions were coming. When he hints like that, you know it's true. I'm still thinking schools will be closed to non-essential worker's children by the end of the week. 

I also think they may be locking things down. They'll do it for two weeks to see if there's an affect on the numbers, then extend it if it doesn't. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure if you caught the end of today's Roussin presser but he said more restrictions were coming. When he hints like that, you know it's true. I'm still thinking schools will be closed to non-essential worker's children by the end of the week. 

I also think they may be locking things down. They'll do it for two weeks to see if there's an affect on the numbers, then extend it if it doesn't. 

Caught bits and pieces, sensed he is very frustrated but maybe I reading to much of his mannerism's lately, I agree about the schools, and add gyms, retail and malls

Palliser and his government started the response to COVID well, and basked in the approbation from that. Now, they have lost the control and are down to knee-jerk reactions in putting out fires. The crises in Parkview and Maples care facilities should never been allowed to get this bad and were preventable. 

Presser at 10:30 with Pallister and Roussin. 

Drinking game: drink every time either says, "fundamentals". You'll be so drunk and blackout quickly, you'll forget how badly they're mismanaging this.

But seriously, expect another lockdown. 

36 minutes ago, JCon said:

Presser at 10:30 with Pallister and Roussin. 

Drinking game: drink every time either says, "fundamentals". You'll be so drunk and blackout quickly, you'll forget how badly they're mismanaging this.

But seriously, expect another lockdown. 

Announcement should be out any minute now but yes a full lockdown is coming.

Just now, bb1 said:

Close everything but the schools? I believe its been quoted in a study from the UK that gatherings over 10 and schools make up the greatest percentage of outbreaks, but what does science know?

I'm on the fence on this. We haven't seen much transmission in the schools, apparently, and they have made them safer (finally!!!) by reducing the class sizes. 

However, kids are still getting and transmitting Covid. Not as quickly as adults. But, they're not being truthful about the spread in schools. They keep saying that they're not seeing school transmissions but several students/teachers/staff are getting it somewhere. It can't only be during recreation and outside.