Covid-19

JCon

22 hours ago, Floyd said:

Churches can operate with social distancing... to a maximum capacity of 500...

You are implying that Brian Palliser is Liberal...  you've gone full ISO these days... time for a two week timeout I think 

giphy.gif

I don't know what you mean. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Ontrario set a new record high of over 900 cases today too. The hospitals are being overwhelmed there. 

How long until our system is overwhelmed too? 

Maybe Roussin can fix it by telling us not to forget the fundamentals? 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Ontario set a new record high of over 900 cases today too. The hospitals are being overwhelmed there. 

How long until our system is overwhelmed too? 

Maybe Roussin can fix it by telling us not to forget the fundamentals? 

hopefully never considering that this thing has been here for 7 months and we have NEVER gone over 100 cases in a day.

Just now, iHeart said:

hopefully never considering that this thing has been here for 7 months and we have NEVER gone over 100 cases in a day.

But, all the positives will lead to more hospitalizations. It's a lagging indicator. Ontario has being going up and up for a while now, as has Manitoba (Winnipeg, really) and are already experiencing a shortage of beds. What happens when the latest spike in cases reaches the hospitals (in Ontario and Manitoba)? 

29 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Hoping is what got North Dakota 24 reported COVID-19 fatalities on Wednesday alone.  Manitoba had a total of 27 at the time.

If someone in your household has been tested, to me everyone in that household should self isolate until the results come back, asymptomatic or not. There have already been multiple instances in my kid's school alone where a child is at home due to a recent test, but their sibling is still going to school. The province would tell you that is perfectly acceptable, but to me it makes absolutely no sense.

32 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If someone in your household has been tested, to me everyone in that household should self isolate until the results come back, asymptomatic or not. There have already been multiple instances in my kid's school alone where a child is at home due to a recent test, but their sibling is still going to school. The province would tell you that is perfectly acceptable, but to me it makes absolutely no sense.

I am seeing and hearing the opposite.  I am aware of multiple instances where entire families were asked to isolate, even those who never had symptoms and even tested negative. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I am seeing and hearing the opposite.  I am aware of multiple instances where entire families were asked to isolate, even those who never had symptoms and even tested negative. 

If you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive, this is what I'm hearing. 

However, if you're child is sick with a cold, without knowingly coming in contact with someone who has tested positive, you do not. 

There are kids at my childrens' school who have siblings who've become sick with a cold or something, where the sibling has gone for testing, who do not have to be self-isolated. 

43 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Nothing makes sense with the mixed messaging. In Edmonton, the AB govt declared an emergency so they came down with these new health edicts. Weddings & funerals to be reduced to no more than 15 people immediately but we (provincial govt) understand this is short notice so just carry on. Meanwhile movie theatres & bars can stay open with no reduction of capacity. Masks must be worn indoors in all public spaces so at people at work have to wear masks. But it's totally voluntary. Meanwhile schools remain open even as the number of infected schools keep rising. Currently, Alberta has over 900 beds for Covid patients. We're at 62. If things are as dire as our Chief Medical Officer is saying then shut everything down. Nope, won't do that.

Edited by SpeedFlex27