Covid-19

JCon

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.2 per cent and 51 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the number of cases in Manitoba to 1,880.

The data shows:

• one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
  • eight cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
  • two cases in the Northern health region;
  • four cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud; and
  • 36 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 589 active cases and 1,272 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
  • there are 13 people in hospital and six people in intensive care; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 19.

Ah so we can't identify the specific Hutterite Colonies because that is a human rights infraction... or tell anyone that it was actually the middle management of Brandon Maple Foods (after one family returning from vacation and not isolating) but let's villainize King's Head...  what a joke.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Ah so we can't identify the specific Hutterite Colonies because that is a human rights infraction... or tell anyone that it was actually the middle management of Brandon Maple Foods (after one family returning from vacation and not isolating) but let's villainize King's Head...  what a joke.

https://gfycat.com/specificrecentiberianemeraldlizard-the-rockford-files-james-garner-shocked-face

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd love to see those idiots at Kings Head put out of business. 

You - and a few others - should read the article. It was the Palomino Club that was thumbing its nose at the pandemic, not The Kings Head. The WFP using the KH in the photo above is extremely misleading, leading to some misguided, over-the-top reactions here. This is exactly why it's so important to get the full story.

For several hours Saturday, as the city waited with bated breath for stricter public health measures to go into effect, more than 125 Winnipeggers gathered at the Palomino Club in the Exchange District, and — at least for them, at least for a night — it almost seemed there was no pandemic at all.

At the King’s Head Pub in the Exchange District, the crowd was also small and social distancing guidelines were strictly observed. Staff checked photo identification at the door — not just for age, but to turn away anyone from out of province — and sprayed customers’ hands with sanitizer before allowing them inside.

All of the staff members were wearing masks, and the patrons remained seated at their tables, which were spaced out throughout the bar.

The folks who run the KH have done an excellent job with their business during the pandemic; probably one of the best in the city.

Edited by blue_gold_84
content added for clarity

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You - and a few others - should read the article. It was the Palomino Club that was thumbing its nose at the pandemic, not The Kings Head. The WFP using the KH in the photo above is extremely misleading, leading to some misguided, over-the-top reactions here. This is exactly why it's so important to get the full story.

The folks who run the KH have done an excellent job with their business during the pandemic; probably one of the best in the city.

Change my quote to the Palamino Club. I used to go to that bar in the 80's. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Ya, Frosty you ought to edit your post, it wasn't King's Head. They are on the ball, they even sell their own KH branded masks

Well FFS 🤦‍♂️. I glanced at the beginning of the article and not see the Pal listed. Maybe it was not there 🤔 Several edits made since article posted.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

The wife and I are getting tested today... it would be so easy for me to turn a blind eye and say the symptoms we are experiencing are simply due to the change of season and are typical for people who work in the elements in the fall... but I can't, in good conscience, risk my coworkers and their families until I get a negative test result. Wish me luck... ugh

58 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

The wife and I are getting tested today... it would be so easy for me to turn a blind eye and say the symptoms we are experiencing are simply due to the change of season and are typical for people who work in the elements in the fall... but I can't, in good conscience, risk my coworkers and their families until I get a negative test result. Wish me luck... ugh

Good luck! The test is not bad, the wait is annoying though.  

Good on you for going though- others around you thank you. 

I'm at the pembina testing site. Opens at 9. Got here at about 730... am close to front of the line... there are already about 75 people behind me and the site doesnt open for another hour yet... crazy lines...

They are now taking people's phone numbers at the back of the line and sending them home til the lines are shorter... good thing we only have 4 testing sites in the entire city. So glad I don't have to take the bus to get tested.

Once I was in I was done in 15 minutes. The test itself is unpleasant; they poked the back of my nasal cavity and held it for 5 seconds, I was involuntarily sneezing and tearing up... but that was the worst of it and it was all over in moments. 3-5 days for results due to overwhelming number of tests being done. I'm fortunate to have sick time to pay for this, but I can see how this would be a nightmare for anyone less privileged/well off... I can't agree with it but I would totally understand how anyone would ignore otherwise minor symptoms and choose getting paid over missing time and playing it safe... now, these idiots ignoring minor symptoms and bar-hopping... I'll never be able to understand.