Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Wow!

I hope this isn't paywalled, because it sure illustrates the failures of the U.S. response.

The code: How genetic science helped expose a secret coronavirus outbreak

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/genetic-science-coronavirus-outbreak-iowa/?itid=hp_dontmiss

Not paywalled. Thank-you!

This makes me so mad. The Right is killing people and lying about it. Poor, vulnerable people can't get health care and are made to work for tiny wages while the Right, the GOP, laughs and pockets cash. Disgusti

It's clear that this infections and the deaths have been so underreported. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Why don’t we ever hear about criminal charges for these things? These should be investigated thoroughly, and where possible, charge the creeps. A conviction should resulted in years of incarceration. This has been going on since Notley was Premiere of Alberta. 

I don’t understand why we are complacent about this.

Edited by Mark F

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Winnipeg's outta control right now. Good to see the mandatory mask mandate coming in. That'll definitely help bring things down a bit. The Level Orange in Westman got them under control in no time. 

I don't get why the province isn't fining these absolute jack@sses that are out bar hopping... while showing symptoms no less.  One person alone has 36 contacts in a single night.  I understood their reluctance to fine people early on and wanting to give them a chance to learn but I think the learning period should be over be now.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Winnipeg's outta control right now. Good to see the mandatory mask mandate coming in. That'll definitely help bring things down a bit. The Level Orange in Westman got them under control in no time. 

The Westman outbreak had more easily identifiable clusters.  I don't expect Winnipeg to be under control any time soon - just my 0.02.

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I don't get why the province isn't fining these absolute jack@sses that are out bar hopping... while showing symptoms no less.  One person alone has 36 contacts in a single night.  I understood their reluctance to fine people early on and wanting to give them a chance to learn but I think the learning period should be over be now.

Most definitely.  Their actions are now affecting the entire city and surrounding area. 

On a personal level, this is getting exhausting.  Some people don't care at all, while others care too much - it's draining.  At work, in life and on social media.  I think I'll just go whack some ash at my woodpile.

I expect that cases will rise in the next 5-7 days in the Winnipeg area, lets see where we are at in 2 weeks

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 2.3 per cent and 65 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the number of cases in Manitoba to 1,829.

The data shows:

• three cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
  • three cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
  • three cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud; and
  • 56 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The data also shows:

• 545 active cases and 1,265 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
  • there are 12 people in hospital and six people in intensive care; and
  • the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 19.
Edited by bustamente