Covid-19

JCon

3 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well that is real discouraging

More info has  come forward and it really shouldn’t be considered an infection in school. The student arrived at school on the first day without symptoms. Was contacted by public health they she was a close contact and needed to be tested. 

Really to me it shows that the systems in place are working correctly and as designed. 

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Essential services people only. Not international flights for tourists like Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal. Those 7 weeks you talk about is still 7 weeks when Covid was spread into our City. 

None of that negates the fact you said there have been no international flights into Winnipeg since March. Moving the goalposts or showing off your mental gymnastics won't change the error.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

If we're going to play that game then it's probably Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal responsible for a majority of cases in this country since those are the major ports of entry for international travellers.

I’m not sure what you are getting at or why you would quote me. I don’t believe I used YYC’s status as an international hub as a reason for their higher case numbers. 

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

None of that negates the fact you said there have been no international flights into Winnipeg since March. Moving the goalposts or showing off your mental gymnastics won't change the error.

I didn't know that essential flights flew into Winnipeg. I was under the impression that all int'l flights were cancelled. 

6 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I am assuming that is a shot at me. You can feel however you want but many of your rants are so hypocritical that it is hard to find any logic to them.  How many cases/ clusters in Western Canada can be traced back to poor choices made by people from or visiting Alberta?

How many cases in Kelowna were traced back to a single infected woman from Calgary that didn’t stay home for Canada Day?

Yes, YWG doesn’t have much in the way of direct international flights but after the first month of repatriations how much did passenger traffic did Calgary handle?

I just can’t get passed your ranting about the back to school plan and how at risk you as a bus driver were going to be and then a week in to school the only CMOH you will listen too is your own. 

I really have to wonder if your disbelief / trust of Dr Tam doesn’t come from some other place than her handling of Covid-19.

I willingly follow all the rules laid out for us in the pandemic here in Alberta. I drive a school bus with about 80 students in my bus on 2 separate runs everyday. I clean my bus after every run in the morning & evening. I make sure all the students on the bus including kinders & grade 1's 2's & 3's wear a mask fully covering their face & understand why. I do all the appropriate paperwork required for my job in the pandemic. I try to make my school bus the safest it c an possiblt be regarding the Covid virus.

After work, if I go out I wear a mask in public. I don't go into stores ranting about my freedoms being taken away by wearing a mask. I agree with wearing a mask & do it willingly. I think I'm a pretty responsible citizen more than doing my part. So, these "rants" you talk about??? No idea what you mean? I don't like Tam. Just like you probably don't like Pallister or Scheer or now O'Toole. That's your choice whether to like them or not. Just like it's mine to dislike Dr. Theresa Tam. I don't care if that bothers you or anyone else here. 

You should find someone else to pick a fight with. 

44 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

More info has  come forward and it really shouldn’t be considered an infection in school. The student arrived at school on the first day without symptoms. Was contacted by public health they she was a close contact and needed to be tested. 

Really to me it shows that the systems in place are working correctly and as designed. 

It seem that the info released early today wasn't 100% accurate. This student had attended testing prior to the start of school and was advised of the positive result while at school and immediately left to isolate.

Something I didn't know is that people without symptoms do not need to self isolate if they have been tested and are awaiting results.

8 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Something I didn't know is that people without symptoms do not need to self isolate if they have been tested and are awaiting results.

Yes, that was the case for me, my test came back negative. It’s not just asymptomatic but also not having travelled and not having contact with a known case.

50 minutes ago, JCon said:

Of course! That means that the colonies and Maple Leaf workers are getting healthy again. 

Not sure how the definitions apply in Manitoba, but there are lots of stories in the States about long-haulers who are technically considered "recovered". 

I believe that means they are either no longer considered to be contagious or they have been released from the hospital if treatment was required.

Many of them are still too sick to work.

Edited by Wideleft

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Not sure how the definitions apply in Manitoba, but there are lots of stories in the States about long-haulers who are technically considered "recovered". 

I believe that means they are either no longer considered to be contagious or they have been released from the hospital if treatment was required.

Many of them are still too sick to work.

People can be cleared by public health, but their body still feels the effects of the virus.  This can range from  mild to severe.  Even someone who is still hospital, might no longer be contagious.