Covid-19

JCon

Public health officials will begin sharing more detailed geographical information about where COVID-19 cases are located in Winnipeg, Health Minister Cameron Friesen announced at the news conference.

The city will be broken down into 12 districts and that information will be available by the end of the week, Friesen said.

26 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Public health officials will begin sharing more detailed geographical information about where COVID-19 cases are located in Winnipeg, Health Minister Cameron Friesen announced at the news conference.

The city will be broken down into 12 districts and that information will be available by the end of the week, Friesen said.

Didn't they say that about a month ago?

On 2020-09-07 at 7:45 PM, Stretch said:

So you're saying that the higher test count is the primary reason why Alberta has about 10x the case total despite only being about  3x bigger population-wise? Seems I've heard that argument somewhere before...

How many international flights has Winnipeg had since March? Zero while Calgary still is an international hub for the airlines. Do you really believe all passengers arriving in Calgary are self isolating for 14 days? It's one of the reasons our numbers are much higher. That's what Calgary has had to deal with the past 6 months. 

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How many international flights has Winnipeg had since March? Zero while Calgary still is an international hub for the airlines. Do you really believe all passengers arriving in Calgary are self isolating for 14 days? It's one of the reasons our numbers are much higher. That's what Calgary has had to deal with the past 6 months. 

A fair statement, however every jurisdiction seems to still be struggling with the whole issue of people not self isolating when they should be. It just seems that recently certain posters have painted Manitoba as the epicentre of COVID cases thanks to our surge in counts while failing to realize that other places are having issues too. Our #'s are lower than elsewhere for whatever reasons, but that's not arrogance. No one in Manitoba is saying "we've beaten this thing". No one.

1 hour ago, Stretch said:

A fair statement, however every jurisdiction seems to still be struggling with the whole issue of people not self isolating when they should be. It just seems that recently certain posters have painted Manitoba as the epicentre of COVID cases thanks to our surge in counts while failing to realize that other places are having issues too. Our #'s are lower than elsewhere for whatever reasons, but that's not arrogance. No one in Manitoba is saying "we've beaten this thing". No one.

I think a lot of people were saying that when MB had 0 cases for a long time in July.... 

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So how many airport employees got the vid then?

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How many international flights has Winnipeg had since March? Zero... 

That is actually incorrect. JARIA has resumed taking international flights from Minneapolis (Delta Airlines). United Airlines have yet to resume operations here with flights from Chicago and Denver.

I think there was only a stretch of six or seven weeks when the airport here wasn't taking international flights.

Edited by blue_gold_84

10 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That is actually incorrect. JARIA has resumed taking international flights from Minneapolis (Delta Airlines). United Airlines have yet to resume operations here with flights from Chicago and Denver.

I think there was only a stretch of six or seven weeks when the airport here wasn't taking international flights.

Essential services people only. Not international flights for tourists like Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto & Montreal. Those 7 weeks you talk about is still 7 weeks when Covid was spread into our City. 

13 hours ago, Stretch said:

Hope not as it ain't over. I think as whole Canada has done pretty well. At the beginning Ontario & Quebec had issues but seem to have it under control as much as they may possibly can. I think anyone who says one province is a **** show compared to another is being arrogant & complacent as things can turn awfully fast in a negative way. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Hope not as it ain't over. I think as whole Canada has done pretty well. At the beginning Ontario & Quebec had issues but seem to have it under control as much as they may possibly can. I think anyone who says one province is a **** show compared to another is being arrogant & complacent as things can turn awfully fast in a negative way. 

I am assuming that is a shot at me. You can feel however you want but many of your rants are so hypocritical that it is hard to find any logic to them.  How many cases/ clusters in Western Canada can be traced back to poor choices made by people from or visiting Alberta?

How many cases in Kelowna were traced back to a single infected woman from Calgary that didn’t stay home for Canada Day?

Yes, YWG doesn’t have much in the way of direct international flights but after the first month of repatriations how much did passenger traffic did Calgary handle?

I just can’t get passed your ranting about the back to school plan and how at risk you as a bus driver were going to be and then a week in to school the only CMOH you will listen too is your own. 

I really have to wonder if your disbelief / trust of Dr Tam doesn’t come from some other place than her handling of Covid-19.

On 2020-09-09 at 10:42 AM, Noeller said:

I think a lot of people were saying that when MB had 0 cases for a long time in July.... 

No one I know said we'd "beaten" it - suggesting that it was all over.  I can't remember reading anyone saying we had beaten it.   

I couldn't believe our good fortune at the time because I don't think our Provincial Govt has taken this seriously enough.

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

How many cases/ clusters in Western Canada can be traced back to poor choices made by people from or visiting Alberta?

How many cases in Kelowna were traced back to a single infected woman from Calgary that didn’t stay home for Canada Day

If we're going to play that game then it's probably Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal responsible for a majority of cases in this country since those are the major ports of entry for international travellers.