Covid-19

JCon

58 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't like her. She never took the lead on directions from the feds right from the start. That was left up to every province to find a way to do it themselves. Leadership from her wasn't there from her office. Good thing some of the provinces didn't go the way of Republican states down south. First, the mixed messaging from her about masks in the spring. Now the zany message she sent late last week about being better to have sex with yourself, no kissing & better mask up during sex. Like WTF? Since the provinces have been setting the pace since March, I'll go with what the CMO of Alberta says. Not Tam. Especially after that last golden nugget of advice.

I've been masking in public now since it became mandatory in Calgary in early August. Being a schoolbus driver, I mask pretty much all day now. Use a face shield & gloves when kids embark & disembark. Disinfect my bus twice a day. after the morning & afternoon run. 

Health care is a provincial responsibility... feds shouldn't be the leaders there.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Healthcare may be a provincial responsibility but it is funded by Ottawa thru the Canada Health Act. 

The Act deals only with how the system is financed. Because of the constitutional division of powers among levels of government in Canadian federalism, adherence to CHA conditions is voluntary (enforcable by Health Canada). However, the fiscal levers have helped to ensure a relatively consistent level of coverage across the country. Although there are disputes as to the details, the Act remains highly popular.

11 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Yes, that was my point exactly. The feds help to fund healthcare to maintain Canadian standards but each provinces run it so why is Dr. Theresa Tam even saying anything? Why do we even have a Canadian Chief Medical Officer? To me, she is redundant. Her words mean nothing to me except as an annoyance. 

21 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't like her. She never took the lead on directions from the feds right from the start. That was left up to every province to find a way to do it themselves. Leadership from her wasn't there from her office. Good thing some of the provinces didn't go the way of Republican states down south. First, the mixed messaging from her about masks in the spring. Now the zany message she sent late last week about being better to have sex with yourself, no kissing & better mask up during sex. Like WTF? Since the provinces have been setting the pace since March, I'll go with what the CMO of Alberta says. Not Tam. Especially after that last golden nugget of advice.

I've been masking in public now since it became mandatory in Calgary in early August. Being a schoolbus driver, I mask pretty much all day now. Use a face shield & gloves when kids embark & disembark. Disinfect my bus twice a day. after the morning & afternoon run. 

A couple of things, Dr Tam has been at the forefront of the federal response. Had her messaging changed? Of course it has, as more has been learned about C-19 messaging should have change. 

Are you involved in random sexual encounters outside your normal bubble? That is what her suggestion about masking during sex was referring too. Also a message the echos something Dr Bonnie Henry of BC said weeks ago. 

Alberta has been one of the biggest **** shows the entire pandemic. Why you would believe that CMOH over any other is beyond me. 

You were very critical of the Alberta return to school plan yet want to believe that same CMOH over Dr Tam???

Wow... just wow!!!

10 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

A couple of things, Dr Tam has been at the forefront of the federal response. Had her messaging changed? Of course it has, as more has been learned about C-19 messaging should have change. 

Are you involved in random sexual encounters outside your normal bubble? That is what her suggestion about masking during sex was referring too. Also a message the echos something Dr Bonnie Henry of BC said weeks ago. 

Alberta has been one of the biggest **** shows the entire pandemic. Why you would believe that CMOH over any other is beyond me. 

You were very critical of the Alberta return to school plan yet want to believe that same CMOH over Dr Tam???

Wow... just wow!!!

Ha. Liberal syncophant. Tam has been just a tower of strength & leadership there. Lol. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Awesome. That is the best funding retort I have ever read. Thanks for that.

How else can I take that response? (As in, "WOW. Just wow"). BTW, that isn't a response to any federal funding. It's Jenks response that Alberta is a **** show for Covid. Go live in Wisconsin, Oregon or Minnesota. Three states with similar population numbers to Alberta. They are **** shows.  The entire US is a **** show. 

41 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Not sure i believe that. Alberta had some big outbreaks and jason kenney forced things along quickly but it isn't any more of a **** show right now than manitoba is. 

I was just in BC for a week and let me tell you here in calgary people are taking precautions a lot more seriously than they are there. 

I've come to learn that Manitoba doesn't think COVID exists here unless someone brings it in from elsewhere. That run of 0 cases they had for awhile gave everyone this extreme unearned arrogance. Alberta had some spikes in cases but they're averaging 10k tests per day and the TP % stays under 2%. 

18 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Not to mention, we have an MB. government that is more than happy to find a scapegoat.

https://www.brandonsun.com/local/proposed-teacher-restrictions-worry-hutterite-colonies-572280252.html

Love how you have changed the narrative to make Hutterite colonies out like innocent victims - been watching the pivot for a while

there were clusters on Hutterite colonies - this is just a simple fact - like all the rest of us - you are affected by Manitoba and Canada creating extreme and generalized rules to protect the masses - there is no ‘scapegoat’ just stop it already

hutterite and the maple leaf foods cluster (originating with a group of middle management) are over - that’s why cases are falling rapidly 

as always the prairies remain almost free of covid with an occasional cluster - everything that was expected

16 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Love how you have changed the narrative to make Hutterite colonies out like innocent victims - been watching the pivot for a while

there were clusters on Hutterite colonies - this is just a simple fact - like all the rest of us - you are affected by Manitoba and Canada creating extreme and generalized rules to protect the masses - there is no ‘scapegoat’ just stop it already

hutterite and the maple leaf foods cluster (originating with a group of middle management) are over - that’s why cases are falling rapidly 

as always the prairies remain almost free of covid with an occasional cluster - everything that was expected

Absolutely there were clusters on Hutterite colonies, but MB. is still getting 15 - 30 cases daily, the low of 9 didn't last long.  Look, they were asking  Hutterite communities, even those who have no more cases and even some who never even had any - to start the year with remote learning - a one size fits all approach.  It took some pretty serious work to stop that from happening.  It would have been the equivalent of starting all the schools in Brandon with remote learning. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I've come to learn that Manitoba doesn't think COVID exists here unless someone brings it in from elsewhere. That run of 0 cases they had for awhile gave everyone this extreme unearned arrogance. Alberta had some spikes in cases but they're averaging 10k tests per day and the TP % stays under 2%. 

Yeah, the **** show Alberta has had 1,000,000 tests so far. 

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/covid-19-update-164-new-cases-one-million-tests-completed-in-alberta-fines-for-westjet-passengers-that-refused-to-wear-masks

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

So you're saying that the higher test count is the primary reason why Alberta has about 10x the case total despite only being about  3x bigger population-wise? Seems I've heard that argument somewhere before...

Edited by Stretch

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-world-sept-8-1.5715346

The latest:

• Officials warn of second wave as U.K., France see concerning rise in COVID-19 cases.
  • Japanese Olympic officials say Games will go on despite COVID-19 pandemic. 
  • India reports highest single-day death toll.
  • Rising coronavirus case counts in Canada a cause for concern, Tam says.
  • UN confirms two coronavirus cases at Azraq camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan.

13 hours ago, Stretch said:

So you're saying that the higher test count is the primary reason why Alberta has about 10x the case total despite only being about  3x bigger population-wise? Seems I've heard that argument somewhere before...

Well it is true that when you test more you find more cases. Trump's problem is that he thinks about it in terms of perception rather than a health issue. 

But really alberta will always have more cases than manitoba because it was a problem here before it was in manitoba. We got an early lead, but right now manitoba is basically in their first wave.