Covid-19

JCon

49 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Good grief.... trending in the wrong way again

Manitoba public health officials have identified 55 new cases of COVID-19 in the province as of Saturday morning.

That brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 1,155, including:

• 31 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• five new cases in Southern Health-Santé Sud
• 19 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

The province says preliminary investigations show that 19 of the new cases are close contacts of previously-announced cases.

And A&W

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/employee-at-a-w-in-winnipeg-tests-positive-for-covid-19-1.5083291

An employee at an A&W restaurant in Winnipeg tested positive for COVID-19, a spokesperson confirmed to CTV News on Friday.

The employee last worked at the restaurant, located at 1078 St. Mary’s Road, on Aug. 19.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Testing rates seem to be steady... I think it has to with more cases... plus solid contact tracing. 

Contact tracing is thorough.  Because of it, they have learned that there is not as much concern about asymptomatic people spreading the virus.  Apparently most people spread the virus when they have symptoms.    

Brandon no longer ahead of Peg City

Sunday’s cases include:

• 1 new case in the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
• 12 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 5 new cases in Southern Health
• 17 cases in the Winnipeg health region

Preliminary investigations show that eight of the cases announced today are close contacts of previously-announced cases

On 2020-08-29 at 7:34 AM, MrFreakzilla said:

Where I work they say stay home if you're sick. But when you're sick they constantly question why and not in a concerning manner. If you stay working when you're sick they question why your production is down from the usual level. Sometimes shaming you because it was not what was expected.

Where do you work?   

Parshat Sh'mot - Hebrew slaves in Egypt

4 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah. And school hasn't even started yet. Going to be a ****-show.

Sad to say but you guys were living in a fantasy world with numbers so low for so long. I sensed a bit of overconfidence here that you had it licked & other provinces were the problem. Well, welcome to our world now. 

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sad to say but you guys were living in a fantasy world with numbers so low for so long. I sensed a bit of overconfidence here that you had it licked & other provinces were the problem. Well, welcome to our world now. 

Yeah manitoba did a good job initially, but as long as there were cases out there the risk of manitoba getting a wave at some point.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah manitoba did a good job initially, but as long as there were cases out there the risk of manitoba getting a wave at some point.

It only takes one person.  The vast majority of the Hutterite cases can be traced back to two people.  You can take all the precautions you want, but all it takes is one person deciding to ignore them once or twice, especially attending large gatherings or not staying home when sick, and there you have it. 

And I'm sure this happens every year with cold and flu, but now it is being documented.  I just hope we are learning the lessons - they are not just applicable to Covid 19.  

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

It only takes one person.  The vast majority of the Hutterite cases can be traced back to two people.  You can take all the precautions you want, but all it takes is one person deciding to ignore them once or twice, especially attending large gatherings or not staying home when sick, and there you have it.

Correct me if im wrong but there was no sodis before they came back from AB. So it was a powder-keg waiting to happen.

COVID Related : to understand it..you’ve got to get to know it...

It principally does it’s killing by attacking and destroying the lung and heart tissue.
You don’t just die from a virus alone. The virus infects your cells, commandeers its machinery and makes those cells do its bidding. In COVID’s case... the cardiopulmonary systems.

COVID causes ARDS, respiratory failure, respiratory arrest, heart failure, etc.

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Correct me if im wrong but there was no sodis before they came back from AB. So it was a powder-keg waiting to happen.

Not true.  Most of us followed all the public health orders, until things opened up on June 21.  There are 126 communities, we are not all the same.  So yes, you could find some where what you say is true.