Covid-19

JCon

41 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That's just it. The best way to stop the spread of this thing is going to come down to people staying home if they're unwell AND for employers to allow people the freedom to stay home. The culture we live in encourages people to work while sick though.

Tough it out, don’t be a wimp, it’s a pain to make a sub plan.  

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

You are not allowed to have a different opinion and rather then dispute you on why I don't agree by using facts or my own reasons...  I will be rude instead and take the easy way out with lazy answers.   

Do I fit in now?  

I think that described of all us on this thread 😂

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Must have glossed over this...there are 6 strains of C19.

We have known this for four months now - but if someone mentions it you’re call crazy

the predominant strain is more contagious but far less deadly - hence the lack of hospitalizations conciding with cases

Whoa check this conspiracy... Covid is acting exactly like every other coronavirus that ever existed... #mindblown

Herd immunity was and still is our best hope - there is no vaccine coming, the virus is weakening - but we are keeping it stronger for longer -  and we are still not adequately protecting the ones actually threatened by covid...

https://www.businessinsider.com/long-term-coronavirus-immunity-t-cells-2020-8?fbclid=IwAR0Bv_6fde3c_gXY4lkN3m70ksLxFtHZdAqJCWT-cNxwSSvCOUjZsOb6eWQ

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Whoa check this conspiracy... Covid is acting exactly like every other coronavirus that ever existed... #mindblown

Herd immunity was and still is our best hope - there is no vaccine coming, the virus is weakening - but we are keeping it stronger for longer -  and we are still not adequately protecting the ones actually threatened by covid...

https://www.businessinsider.com/long-term-coronavirus-immunity-t-cells-2020-8?fbclid=IwAR0Bv_6fde3c_gXY4lkN3m70ksLxFtHZdAqJCWT-cNxwSSvCOUjZsOb6eWQ

I have heard exactly this from my family doctor.  The truth is, we have way more cases now than we had in spring, yet schools are going to reopen.  It looks like they decided to proceed with herd immunity - for better or worse...

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That's just it. The best way to stop the spread of this thing is going to come down to people staying home if they're unwell AND for employers to allow people the freedom to stay home. The culture we live in encourages people to work while sick though.

Where I work they say stay home if you're sick. But when you're sick they constantly question why and not in a concerning manner. If you stay working when you're sick they question why your production is down from the usual level. Sometimes shaming you because it was not what was expected.

13 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Man, those are inflated numbers.  Dude, I know a guy who choked on his socks, and they reported it as a Covid death.

Man, we’re never going to get totally accurate numbers. There’s always going to be over and under inflated numbers and missed reporting or confused responses.

i can see no benefit in misleading THE WORLD numbers unless you believe in conspiracies, and I don’t.

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Man, we’re never going to get totally accurate numbers. There’s always going to be over and under inflated numbers and missed reporting or confused responses.

i can see no benefit in misleading THE WORLD numbers unless you believe in conspiracies, and I don’t.

Sorry, it was sarcasm. 

one of my best friends from HS is stumping right now on his FB page for HCQ as an effective treatment because a vaccine will likely never come. Also says that suicides and other "lockdown-related" deaths are greatly outnumbering the deaths caused by COVID itself, so apparently the lockdown is worse than the disease. I just sat there staring at the screen for a couple of minutes. I mean, this is a guy who graduated from school of geniuses With Honours..........aaaaaaaaaaaand yet.........................................?

1 hour ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Where I work they say stay home if you're sick. But when you're sick they constantly question why and not in a concerning manner. If you stay working when you're sick they question why your production is down from the usual level. Sometimes shaming you because it was not what was expected.

Yea it really underscores how important it is to constantly build and maintain a strong working environment where the goal is to have the few bad apples sit alone on the sideline while the rest of us trust one another.

While the few bad apples are on an island of their own, the rest can work cohesively with one another, trusting each other in how we best can take care of of our own physical, emotional and mental well being. This sometimes looks different depending on who you are, what your specific situation is and what it calls for.

This is a tough slog, it's hard work but it can be done when work environments heavily invest on the people side of things. It pays off in the end.