Covid-19

JCon

Sounds like they're mandatory testing communal living situations in Westman. Not sure if that's a Hutterite situation or immigrant folks who live together or what. But most of the Westman cases are because health authority is getting everyone tested. 

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

That 1 Northern Health one looks ominous.

Also, Brandon!!! Stay home!!!All 45 Prairie Mountain the result is targeted testing in specific groups. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Sounds like they're mandatory testing communal living situations in Westman. Not sure if that's a Hutterite situation or immigrant folks who live together or what. But most of the Westman cases are because health authority is getting everyone tested. 

Northern case is tied to a Prairie MTN Health known cluster. 

Testing was voluntary. As Mark indicated they were invited to come test and these numbers are not beyond what they expected to find. 

@Mark H. my thoughts and best wishes are with you and all your communities. Thank you for your many contributions to our combined COVID response. 

10 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

The struggle is not yours alone, you should have all of us to help you through it. As you have us numerous times in the past when we have needed help. 

We’re a fiercely independent and autonomous lot - but I do have friends offering to do Scotch runs & pizza deliveries for me...

I sincerely have no idea how back to school is going work here or anywhere else as case numbers continue to rise. Manitoba's plan seems particularly messy and I fully expect cases to explode once classrooms fill up in a couple of weeks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-world-aug-24-1.5697396

The latest:

• New Zealand extends coronavirus lockdown in Auckland to end of the week.
  • Australia reports lowest one-day rise in new coronavirus infections in almost two months.
  • Masks now mandatory in British Columbia on TransLink, BC Transit and BC Ferries.
  • Manitoba reports second day of record daily increases as tougher restrictions come into effect.
  • Catalonia bans gatherings of more than 10.
  • Bali postpones plan to allow back foreign tourists next month.
  • Trump announces emergency authorization of convalescent plasma for COVID-19 patients.

I have this sinking feeling the second wave is going to hit the world within weeks - and hit it hard.

23 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I sincerely have no idea how back to school is going work here or anywhere else as case numbers continue to rise. Manitoba's plan seems particularly messy and I fully expect cases to explode once classrooms fill up in a couple of weeks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-world-aug-24-1.5697396

I have this sinking feeling the second wave is going to hit the world within weeks - and hit it hard.

It's beginning to look like they'll shut down Maple Leaf - with phase 1 restrictions back in place in PMH

I know I've said this before: but how do you then go ahead and open schools? 

All the minister does is have a news conference telling us what we already know.

Edit: I just heard this directly from an MLA.  They believe it's safe to open schools because most cases are isolated in communal clusters.

SMH.