Covid-19

JCon

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

My nephew lists occasion after occasion on F/B with each one saying... Religion, please go away. And this why.

Personally, I fail to see how you can say you’re religious and putting people in harm’s way. 17 cases out of 100, in that example in Alberta, is a huge percentage. 
There are enough known examples now to restrict these events or better yet, not allow them...

Putting people in harm’s way is the opposite of what a religion or religious person is supposed to do.  It has become so ridiculously misguided in some cases, and Covid 19 has quite frankly exposed the underbelly. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Putting people in harm’s way is the opposite of what a religion or religious person is supposed to do.  It has become so ridiculously misguided in some cases, and Covid 19 has quite frankly exposed the underbelly. 

What I find perplexing is reading vile angry violent tweets from people who proclaim their deep seeded love and peace religion in their profile.

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What I find perplexing is reading vile angry violent tweets from people who proclaim their deep seeded love and peace religion in their profile.

Perplexing, indeed. I think that's because they're nothing more cultists who have perverted the very religious beliefs they purport to fervently follow. And that's one of the biggest problems with religion, IMO, particularly the Abrahamic ones.

It seems like the loudest ones on social media are always the most ignorant, bigoted, and intolerant. It's pretty disgusting.

21 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Perplexing, indeed. I think that's because they're nothing more cultists who have perverted the very religious beliefs they purport to fervently follow. And that's one of the biggest problems with religion, IMO, particularly the Abrahamic ones.

It seems like the loudest ones on social media are always the most ignorant, bigoted, and intolerant. It's pretty disgusting.

Sort of like they think and act like as long as you're the same color as me, the same sexual orientation as me, love and peace for all of us. Others, nope not so much.

Forgot to add, the same dogmatic political ideology as me.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

My experiences in life have been that some people (not all) use religion as a "Making excuses for bad behaviour card" where they can negate any bad things that they do by using religion.  

Usually I find the people who preach loud are the ones who are more of a "poser".  

I know several very religious people and they never shout and scream for attention using religion.  

So its ok to dump on all religious people because of the actions of some? Is it ok to start calling @Noeller and @17to85 idiots because they're Albertans and Alberta has the highest Covid positivity rates in Canada and according to a recent survey are the Canadians least likely to follow Covid guidelines, thus all Albertans are idiots and since they're Albertans........

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So its ok to dump on all religious people because of the actions of some? Is it ok to start calling @Noeller and @17to85 idiots because they're Albertans and Alberta has the highest Covid positivity rates in Canada and according to a recent survey are the Canadians least likely to follow Covid guidelines, thus all Albertans are idiots and since they're Albertans........

Noeller stated his personal opinion:  "This is why I have such a problem with religion and religious people".  

There's actually a difference in what he said and what you are suggesting.  He did not proclaim it as a statement of fact whereas you say you can based on what he said.

Edited by Wideleft

couple things -- 17to85 is a church guy.....so there's that. Also, I never anywhere said that all church people are bad. I had a bad experience living in Manitoba's bible belt that has had a long lasting effect on me, and forced me to raise all sorts of questions about "belief" and "believers". So I, personally, have issues with "religious" people. But not all religious people are bad. People who love everyone and anyone, regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation/identity, are always good in my books. 

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

couple things -- 17to85 is a church guy.....so there's that. Also, I never anywhere said that all church people are bad. I had a bad experience living in Manitoba's bible belt that has had a long lasting effect on me, and forced me to raise all sorts of questions about "belief" and "believers". So I, personally, have issues with "religious" people. But not all religious people are bad. People who love everyone and anyone, regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation/identity, are always good in my books. 

I apologize for my post. I took some of yours the wrong way and from reading this, not in the way they were intended.

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Hey now I didn't say all religious types were idiots, I just said there were a lot of idiots are religious. 

I would describe myself as someone who is at least a bit religious, and I do take offense to the people (like noeller) who denigrate all relgious people, but there are a ton of morons who are religious who ruin it for everyone.

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

but there are a ton of morons who are religious who ruin it for everyone.

You can say that about almost any type of group (religion, ethnic background, rider fans, etc .)

The Westboro Baptist crazies are like only 150 in size which is tiny yet many people pigeon hole other religious people with the same brush.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey now I didn't say all religious types were idiots, I just said there were a lot of idiots are religious. 

I would describe myself as someone who is at least a bit religious, and I do take offense to the people (like noeller) who denigrate all relgious people, but there are a ton of morons who are religious who ruin it for everyone.

I apologized to Noeller so I'll do the same to you.

I saw that list online earlier..... Is that for all of Canada?? Or just Western Canada? Cause Jesus Christ.... If that's all of Canada..... Yikes. The Prairies are ******. 

Edited by Noeller

29 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Did Brandon get annexed by the US...? Jee-zus, what a tire fire.

During the April, May lockdown, it was perceived as a Winnipeg problem.  “It can’t happen to us outside the perimeter.”  Brandon is simply the largest symptom of a pervasive problem.  But the vibe is changing, it seems like people are starting to come around. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I saw that list online earlier..... Is that for all of Canada?? Or just Western Canada? Cause Jesus Christ.... If that's all of Canada..... Yikes. The Prairies are ******. 

Yeah it's gotta be just the 3 prairie provinces since there are only places from Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta listed. 

Also not enough people are talking about the **** show Edmonton has going on. 

I know Marni from TEP was mentioning how huge the line of cars was in Brandon for the drive-up testing. My daughter and I were on the bus today here and when the bus turned onto Mountain from Main there was the start of a line-up for the testing at MPI at 1284 Main. The cars lining up went for at least 3-4 blocks long.

However on all the buses we were on the minority of passengers were not wearing masks.

We also went to a movie at Scotia Bank Theatre and I was quite impressed with the changes they made to make sure social distancing was happening. You had to pick your seats when you bought them and they were only selling a few blocks of seats per row and they were making sure there was an empty row between ones where people would be sitting.

Edited by Jacquie