Covid-19

JCon

I'm not a Pallister hater (he's the best of the crappy three options)  but dear lord could he not make himself look more of a smug idiot today.   Would it take much to give a bit of a generic speech just to give the impression that he has at least some concern over COVID?

Also this video is short and funny:

https://streamable.com/766w95

Pallister's various quotes today were bordering on inhumane. His willingness to just send kids back to school with zero care about getting everyone sick and overwhelming the system is shocking. "We can't live in fear".....well, yes....yes we have every right to be ******* terrified of sending all the kids and teachers back like some sort of science experiment. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-world-aug-13-1.5684551

The latest:

And then we have more hilarity from the COVIDiot Brigade: https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-charter-challenge-1.5680988

The suit states that the closure of businesses to prevent the spread of the virus was "extreme, unwarranted and unjustified," that self-isolation measures imposed on individuals were "not scientific, nor medically based nor proven" and that the mandatory wearing of face coverings in some public spaces imposes "physical and psychological harm."

The lawsuit alleges that the measures violate Sections 2 (right of association), 7 (life, liberty and security of the person), 8 (unlawful search and seizure), 9 (arbitrary detention of enforcement officers) and 15 (equality before and under the law) of the charter. 

"The measures ... are further not in accordance with the tenets of fundamental justice in their overbreadth, nor are they justified under S.1 of the charter in that they are demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society," the lawsuit states.

Un-*******-believable.

Edited by blue_gold_84

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Pallister's various quotes today were bordering on inhumane. His willingness to just send kids back to school with zero care about getting everyone sick and overwhelming the system is shocking. "We can't live in fear".....well, yes....yes we have every right to be ******* terrified of sending all the kids and teachers back like some sort of science experiment. 

We don't have to fear COVID-19. We have to respect it, which requires adequate levels of safety measures... just saying a threat doesn't exist doesn't magically make that threat go away.

20 hours ago, Noeller said:

absolutely completely agree. I'd dare say it's wildly dangerous to suggest that asymptomatic people shouldn't get tested.

20 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I find that odd.  I know someone that went for a test, because they unknowingly encountered someone who had been in an area with known cases.  This person has no symptoms.

I just think Pallister saying that will discourage people from acting responsibly. 

I’m not sure if this has been reported here but Monday during Dr Roussin’s regular briefing he stated that people being tested without symptoms or too soon to symptom onset is producing false negative results. He stated that the ideal time for testing was 24 hrs after symptom onset. 

They are predicting that by the end of August that they will have tested 10% of the population and figure it gives an accurate picture of the spread. 

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I’m not sure if this has been reported here but Monday during Dr Roussin’s regular briefing he stated that people being tested without symptoms or too soon to symptom onset is producing false negative results. He stated that the ideal time for testing was 24 hrs after symptom onset. 

They are predicting that by the end of August that they will have tested 10% of the population and figure it gives an accurate picture of the spread. 

Interesting, I'm wondering what the science is behind that. 

2 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Sure.  But some people have had accidental contact with a known case, pick up the virus, never get sick in any way, but transmit it to others.

Tho$3 $hould be te$ted - and I hope they are.  

this is exactly why AB has had "open testing" (anyone, regardless of symptoms or not) since May. My biggest fear is not that I'll get sick and die, but that I'll unknowingly pass it to someone else. This thing spreads like wildfire if left unchecked. That's precisely why the wife and I are going to get a test done before we come home to Manitoba in September, and maybe again when we return.... just to be safe. 

I saw a commercial last night for The Gap (or Old Navy?? I dunno...) talking about back to school fashion, and prominently featured kids with "trendy" masks on. I thought that was a good step toward "normalizing" things, especially among kids. I think it'll become "normal" in short order...

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I saw a commercial last night for The Gap (or Old Navy?? I dunno...) talking about back to school fashion, and prominently featured kids with "trendy" masks on. I thought that was a good step toward "normalizing" things, especially among kids. I think it'll become "normal" in short order...

I've got my Jets masks, and ordered dog and floral designs for my wife. Figure they are going to be needed for a year or two, so may as well be something nicer than black.

If the CFL ever starts up, will get a Bombers mask.

I've got the Bombers foam ones that they'd been selling, and some of the non-medical masks that we bought in bulk at Costco. I'd like to get a nice cloth one, and will probably try to buy one at the Jets store whenever I get home next.