Covid-19

JCon

twitter.com/ChrisDca/status/1288534755567210499

Manitoba reports 2 new probable cases of #COVID19 today, bringing the total to 407. - 74 active cases - 6 in hospital, 4 in ICU - 325 recovered - 8 deaths - 665 tests yesterday, 86,367 since February

I can't wait til the numbers go down again

CBC is saying 3 new cases

Edited by iHeart

15 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Has anyone else seen the video that all the major social media platforms keep removing?  What a crock of **** 

A group of people claiming to be doctors telling us that hydrochlorique (sp) works for treating Covid 19.  All we have to do is take it, and everything will be over in 30 days.  

No evidence, no data, not even one visual.  

The BLM heckler at the end is the highlight. 

The problem with Trump, etc - is that he takes a grain of truth, repeats it as gospel and discredits good ideas by taking them over...

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535?fbclid=IwAR0EzsAK4bz8ALDfK4iUT6zz9QTlO6DvxD9AwrsXe94wPYzRQ0lGER5qnfI

I wouldn't say that a Yale Epidemiologist is crackpot.  A very well written article that should make you pause.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-world-july29-1.5666906

The latest:

• Toronto, Peel region moving to Stage 3 of COVID-19 recovery plan.
  • Vietnam says every city, province now at risk of virus infection.
  • Russian President Vladimir Putin says coronavirus 'may worsen.'
  • Russian vaccine could soon be approved for local use, sources say.
  • Bosnian minister dies after testing positive for coronavirus.
  • Spike of cases in Hong Kong introduces risk of large-scale outbreak.
  • Doubts emerge about U.S. dollar's place as a reserve currency as pandemic batters economy.
  • U.S. Democrats, Republicans to resume discussions around coronavirus aid bill.
  • Republican lawmaker tests positive for COVID-19 at the White House.
  • COVID-19 deaths in America reach 150,000.
  • U.S. officials say Russian intelligence officers are spreading COVID-19 disinformation.
  • Pilgrims begin gathering in Mecca for a physically distanced hajj.
  • European Commission acquires enough remdesivir for 30,000 patients.

“She said that she had tremendous success with hundreds of different patients, I thought her voice was an important voice but I know nothing about her," he said on Tuesday.

Dr Immanuel, who is also a Christian pastor, gave a speech on the steps of the US Supreme Court in Washington, captured in a video first published by right-wing website Breitbart on Monday.

There’s really nothing she can’t do...except maybe spell charlatan

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

The problem with Trump, etc - is that he takes a grain of truth, repeats it as gospel and discredits good ideas by taking them over...

https://www.newsweek.com/key-defeating-covid-19-already-exists-we-need-start-using-it-opinion-1519535?fbclid=IwAR0EzsAK4bz8ALDfK4iUT6zz9QTlO6DvxD9AwrsXe94wPYzRQ0lGER5qnfI

I wouldn't say that a Yale Epidemiologist is crackpot.  A very well written article that should make you pause.

I actually know someone who was on hydrochlorique for several months (lupus).

1. “I've been on hydroxychroquine and it's a nasty drug. I had to be weaned off it over a few months period of time.”

2. “ I was alarmed when she said its supposed to be an over the counter drug, in that video.”

3. “ I had to increase my prescription glasses every 6 months and had to get blood tests done every month to see if the drug effects my liver.”

On 2020-07-28 at 6:28 PM, Floyd said:

but you’re talking about driving a school bus no?  Or do you work with cancer patients too

IMHO, anyone who is the significant other of a medical professional would be an idiot to risk the health of that person (and, by extension, the patients they treat) by re-using masks. It's just too risky.

41 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

IMHO, anyone who is the significant other of a medical professional would be an idiot to risk the health of that person (and, by extension, the patients they treat) by re-using masks. It's just too risky.

Fun fact.. My gf is in the health care industry. She wears the n95 mask and goggles and... She had to get fitted for it. She reuses hers just like they all do. Only she uses hers tho. Its not shared. They all have their own they got fitted for. N95 isnt meant for non health care workers really tho. Cuz u need to be fitted for it. So if you see ppl wearing n95 masks.. Back away cuz they aint wearing them correctly

Edited by Goalie

Texas reports single-day record coronavirus deaths, most new cases in a week
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244582392.html#storylink=cpy

But Laura says...

And they don’t report to the CDC with the numbers anymore.
And aren’t they now just sending some patients home?...to die..

What an incredibly bad stat to tweet.

And trying to stick it to Democrats? 
She’s warped.

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

N95 isnt meant for non health care workers really tho

Bullshit. Their biggest use is probably to keep dust out. 

As for fitting, that is super simple to do and mostly involves making sure people are actually wearing them correctly. Never mind that for a virus a proper fit is far less important. If a proper fit mattered cloth and procedural masks wouldn't be shown to be as effective as they are.

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Fun fact.. My gf is in the health care industry. She wears the n95 mask and goggles and... She had to get fitted for it. She reuses hers just like they all do. Only she uses hers tho. Its not shared. They all have their own they got fitted for. N95 isnt meant for non health care workers really tho. Cuz u need to be fitted for it. So if you see ppl wearing n95 masks.. Back away cuz they aint wearing them correctly

That isn't true. The N95 filtration mask in its current design has been around for nearly 50 years and wasn't even initially designed for use in the medical industry/health care. (https://thedcapage.blog/2020/03/26/from-the-industrial-to-the-medical-evolution-of-the-n95-respirator/)

Fit testing is required for tight seal particulate filtration masks (N95, P100, etc.) in order to maximize the efficacy of the mask while preventing leaks, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the type of job or occupation the wearer has. Reuse can be possible but only if the mask itself has not been compromised. Even touching the mask with a contaminated hand can render it useless.

More info regarding the N95 mask: https://www.honeywell.com/en-us/newsroom/news/2020/03/n95-masks-explained

Edited by blue_gold_84
more info added

Manitoba at least seems to be trending in the right direction. The colony outbreaks *seem* to be under control. Hopefully the 6 in hospital pull through and there's no more deaths. Out here in AB, we're going the opposite direction. Things are just awful and seem to be getting worse. 

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Manitoba at least seems to be trending in the right direction. The colony outbreaks *seem* to be under control. Hopefully the 6 in hospital pull through and there's no more deaths. Out here in AB, we're going the opposite direction. Things are just awful and seem to be getting worse. 

There was the colony out breaks and I also read another good chunk of the cases was related to travel. Doesn’t seem like community transmission was a big proponent of this increase in cases. What’s Alberta doing with school coming fall? 

3 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

There was the colony out breaks and I also read another good chunk of the cases was related to travel. Doesn’t seem like community transmission was a big proponent of this increase in cases. What’s Alberta doing with school coming fall? 

sending them to the wolves. There's no extra money and no real plan for the pandemic. They quoted some study from Sweden saying that kids pose much less of a risk of spreading COVID so they don't really need to do anything different. No limit on class sizes, no hiring extra custodians or teachers aides. Of all the provincial "back to school" plans released so far, Alberta's is the only one that doesn't have any changes because of COVID.