Covid-19

JCon

14 minutes ago, Tracker said:

IT APPEARS THAT A PARTICULARLY LETHAL VARIANT HAS HIT PENNSYLVANIA AND............

So accurate

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=pennsylvania+covid+19+cases

Pennsylvania Confirmed 99,794 Deaths 6,950 or 7% have died in Pennsylvania.

You've been...well not Snoped but same thing.

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

But no COVID patients in hospitals, and that is possibly the best news of all.

I am curious (although not enough to check) when the last time we had someone in hospital with Covid 19. Memory tells me May but I could be wrong.

ITS NOT TRUMP'S FAULT!!!! EVER!!!!

Trump Pushes Conspiracy Theory That Doctors Are Lying About COVID-19 to Damage His Re-Election Chances

President Trump is pushing a ludicrous theory that doctors are purposefully lying about the novel coronavirus pandemic because they want to harm his chances of re-election later this year. Early Monday, Trump retweeted the conservative conspiracy theorist and former game-show host Chuck Woolery as he dismissed medical experts as politically-motivated liars. The incendiary tweet read: “The most outrageous lies are the ones about COVID-19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it’s all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I’m sick of it.” Neither Woolery nor Trump explained exactly what aspect of the raging pandemic doctors are supposedly lying about, nor did they provide any evidence to back up the vague, unproven claim. Last week, the U.S. repeatedly broke its own daily record for new COVID-19 cases, and the nation’s death toll now totals more than 135,000.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-pushes-unproven-theory-that-doctors-are-lying-about-covid-19-to-damage-his-re-election-chances?ref=home

(And it sure as spit looks like Trump and his sycophants are settling up Fauci to take the fall and get canned. They are posting edited clips of Fauci's comments to make it seem that he wasn't aware of the seriousness of the pandemic.)

Someone needs to slap Trump upside his head until he understands that not everything in the world is about him or the election and if he wasn't so god damned stupid he could have cemented his re-election early by simply saying to the smart people in the room "hey handle this problem". 

Do that and it doesn't matter what the economy is doing because you get the bump for being a leader. Course Donny Dipshit does the opposite of the right thing and tries to lie a global pandemic away and people see through the **** because this is a real issue. 

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

******* Americans. They're going to the be reason this drags out here longer than it should too. 

Damned Yankees. 
Because they screwed this up so badly, my trip back to Manitoba is compromised, as I was going to travel thru the states.
Their complete mishandling of this virus will go down in history as a colossal failure. I would love to read future history books to see  how badly they’re panned.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Someone needs to slap Trump upside his head until he understands that not everything in the world is about him or the election and if he wasn't so god damned stupid he could have cemented his re-election early by simply saying to the smart people in the room "hey handle this problem". 

Do that and it doesn't matter what the economy is doing because you get the bump for being a leader. Course Donny Dipshit does the opposite of the right thing and tries to lie a global pandemic away and people see through the **** because this is a real issue. 

Trump's psychopathology is such that he simply cannot understand the concept of selflessness. I have met these, but only about three have had the degree of dysfunction that Trump constantly manifests. You can explain to such an individual that what they are doing is wrong and will have negative consequences if they repeat  those behaviours........and then they will go right out and do it again. Then they will be surprised at the consequences and not understand how it come to this. If it comes to whether he or one of his children goes to jail, Trump will not hesitate to sacrifice one or all of them

Edited by Tracker

Actually it appears that the Trump administration is busy doing something about the situation.....why just this morning...

* Trump retweeting consipricy stuff about COVID being a "lie" and a "hoax"
* White House now leaking stuff and even publicly smearing Dr. Fauci
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/507027-white-house-goes-public-with-attacks-on-fauci

Edited by do or die

For those curious as I was I searched a bunch of past updates for hospitalization numbers.

May 22nd is the most recent I found with 1 person in hospital, May 23 is reported as 0 in hospital. 

If there were any hospitalizations during the time since they were on any of the days I sampled and I don't have time to check them all.

Phenomenal.....I love you Manitoba. Meanwhile, in the cess pool that is Alberta, we've got thousands jamming the beach at Sylvan Lake because people are "over it" re: COVID. From the mouth of the premier, it's time to get back to normal, apparently. Caseloads reaching new highs daily, with outbreaks at care homes. F***, I hate this place sometimes. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Trump pissed that he can't fire Fauci.

White House takes aim at Fauci as he disagrees with Trump on virus

In a statement Saturday, a White House official told CNN that "several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things." The official went on to provide a lengthy list of examples, citing Fauci's comments early in the pandemic and linking to past interviews.

One senior administration official told CNN that some officials within the White House do not trust Fauci. According to the source, those officials think Fauci doesn't have the best interest of the President, pointing to interviews where he openly disagrees with what Trump has said.
Other administration officials have told CNN that while they have disagreements with Fauci's methods, they don't doubt his motives, and that his only concern was public health.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/12/politics/fauci-trump-coronavirus/index.html

18 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

White House takes aim at Fauci as he disagrees with Trump on virus

In a statement Saturday, a White House official told CNN that "several White House officials are concerned about the number of times Dr. Fauci has been wrong on things." The official went on to provide a lengthy list of examples, citing Fauci's comments early in the pandemic and linking to past interviews.

One senior administration official told CNN that some officials within the White House do not trust Fauci. According to the source, those officials think Fauci doesn't have the best interest of the President, pointing to interviews where he openly disagrees with what Trump has said.
Other administration officials have told CNN that while they have disagreements with Fauci's methods, they don't doubt his motives, and that his only concern was public health.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/12/politics/fauci-trump-coronavirus/index.html

They actually have it right...
Telling the truth is not in the best interests of the President..

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Phenomenal.....I love you Manitoba. Meanwhile, in the cess pool that is Alberta, we've got thousands jamming the beach at Sylvan Lake because people are "over it" re: COVID. From the mouth of the premier, it's time to get back to normal, apparently. Caseloads reaching new highs daily, with outbreaks at care homes. F***, I hate this place sometimes. 

it's the alberta advantage!