Covid-19

JCon

People around the world are looking right at America - the world superpower and most industrialized nation on earth.   Simply wondering how they could of been so incompetent and inept in the the face of the virus....

Edited by do or die

25 minutes ago, do or die said:

People around the world are looking right at America - the world superpower and most industrialized nation on earth.   Simply wondering how they could of been so incompetent and inept in the the face of the virus....

They did not have to wonder, I think they kinda knew what would happen.

In a Fourth of July address in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, Trump said:

That the U.S. was unleashing its "scientific brilliance" toward developing treatments for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. "And we'll likely have a therapeutic and/or vaccine solution long before the end of the year,"  He also stated that "99 percent of [cases] are totally harmless.”

Watching Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Stephen Hahn, being asked about those statements.....and like any good Trump Administration official, trying to wiggle completely around them.
Another supposed medical leader in this thing.....and ye another evader and enabler for the madman in the White House.

14 hours ago, do or die said:

And yet, we constantly see Americans refusing to social distance. Tens of thousands at the beach. Or in some huge crowd down there. They don't seem to care so it gives politicians like Trump & DeSantis the courage & entitlement to do what they do. It's happening here as well. Yesterday my wife & I drove to Kananaskis Country outside of Calgary. There were thousands of people in picnic & camping areas. In 30 years living in Calgary & visiting K Country, I have never seen hundreds of vehicles parked on the shoulder of the highway as the parking lots were absolutely jammed. We didn't even get out of our car. We just turned around. I hear that Grand Beach has been packed as well. So, just proves Canadians are just as STUPID as our American neighbours. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

33 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And yet, we constantly see Americans refusing to social distance. Tens of thousands at the beach. Or in some huge crowd down there. They don't seem to care so it gives politicians like Trump & DeSantis the courage & entitlement to do what they do. It's happening here as well. Yesterday my wife & I drove to Kananaskis Country outside of Calgary. There were thousands of people in picnic & camping areas. In 30 years living in Calgary & visiting K Country, I have never seen hundreds of vehicles parked on the shoulder of the highway as the parking lots were absolutely jammed. We didn't even get out of our car. We just turned around. I hear that Grand Beach has been packed as well. So, just proves Canadians are just as STUPID as our American neighbours. 

I was talking to someone the other day who believed the whole thing was a hoax. He said he knew someone who died of cancer but the hospital put ‘corona virus’ on the death certificate - said it was a lady from Manitoba.  It took me less than a minute to determine that she could not possibly be one of the 7 Manitoba deaths (based on the date of death & her age didn’t match either).  So yeah, if people can believe crap like that, they sure won’t be concerned about social distancing. 

Seen a number of polls that indicate that around 30-35% of Americans, would not take a vaccine, for this virus....if and when it became available. 
Yet another triumph for mis-information and anti-scientific thought.

Given that, the present "leadership" some totally irresponsible media, and some serious mis-reading of the whole concept of personal liberty.....America is in for a long time of very tough sledding, against this virus..

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

. I hear that Grand Beach has been packed as well. So, just proves Canadians are just as STUPID as our American neighbours. 

Well considering 20 000 people attended a protest a month ago downtown.... it was already established that a certain amount of people around here just don't care.  

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I do not think that we have as high a percentage of covidiots as in the US, nor are we generally as militant. Thank God.

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Well considering 20 000 people attended a protest a month ago downtown.... it was already established that a certain amount of people around here just don't care.  

The issue was important enough to warrant a degree of risk, and there was a significant amount of masks present. 

Edited by Tracker

Coronavirus Is Airborne and WHO Should Update Its Guidance, Scientists Say

A group of 239 scientists from 32 countries is calling on the World Health Organization in an open letter to revise its guidance on the novel coronavirus to state that it is an airborne virus. The WHO currently states in its guidance that airborne transmission of the coronavirus can only occur after medical procedures that produce aerosols and that it is mainly spread by large respiratory droplets. The scientists’ open letter is set to be published in a scientific journal next week. Scientists stated that the virus has spread more readily indoors and during superspreader events, which is expected behavior of airborne viruses. The WHO has disagreed with scientific consensus at other points during the coronavirus pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has long held that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 is common, while the WHO still holds that it is a rare phenomenon.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavirus-is-airborne-and-the-world-health-organization-should-update-its-guidance-scientists-say?ref=home

According to an American epidemiologist interviewed on CBC radio  yesterday, there are a lot of netbots promoting that Covid-19 is a fake and that masks do nothing or even cause illnesses as part of a subjugation program being conducted by unnamed powerful people. The source(s) of these netbots is/are unknown but apparently they are sophisticated in design and are sending out thousands of messages out on Tiktok, Facebook and other social messaging sites. This would be consistent with Russian efforts to demoralize and destabilize western societies.

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The issue was important enough to warrant a degree of risk, and there was a significant amount of masks present. 

Still doesn't make it an intelligent decision.  People going to the beach can say they needed to go for their mental health.    Either way people will be selfish by going to a protest and/or to the beach proving that some Canadians just are not smart.    

46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Coronavirus Is Airborne and WHO Should Update Its Guidance, Scientists Say

A group of 239 scientists from 32 countries is calling on the World Health Organization in an open letter to revise its guidance on the novel coronavirus to state that it is an airborne virus. The WHO currently states in its guidance that airborne transmission of the coronavirus can only occur after medical procedures that produce aerosols and that it is mainly spread by large respiratory droplets. The scientists’ open letter is set to be published in a scientific journal next week. Scientists stated that the virus has spread more readily indoors and during superspreader events, which is expected behavior of airborne viruses. The WHO has disagreed with scientific consensus at other points during the coronavirus pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has long held that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 is common, while the WHO still holds that it is a rare phenomenon.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/coronavirus-is-airborne-and-the-world-health-organization-should-update-its-guidance-scientists-say?ref=home

Yeah but it's about as airborne as someone with the flu coughing/breathing afaik.

As Florida COVID-19 Cases Skyrocket, State Orders All Schools To Reopen Next Month

School districts must provide a full array of services for families who wish to educate their children in a brick and mortar school. Florida’s education commissioner on Monday ordered schools to reopen for in-person instruction in August, even as coronavirus cases jam hospitals in the state.

According to an “emergency order” signed by Commissioner Richard Corcoran, public school districts and charter school boards must open all kindergarten through 12th-grade schools for at least five days a week. Although schools may also offer remote learning, parents must have the option to send their children to a brick and mortar school. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/florida-schools-reopening-august-coronavirus_n_5f03df40c5b6e97b5689320b?ri18n=true

Going to be a long hot summer and a brutal fall season, down there.  
Not talking about the weather..... as this crazy patchwork State by State response, due to the complete abdication of the Trump administration....is the Titanic, in full view of the iceberg.

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Melbourne Australia going into lock down trying to quell a rise in Covid cases

I have a friend in Melbourne and can confirm that Australians are also not very smart when it came to social distancing.   When the numbers went low everyone decided to party it up and pretend like nothing had happened and the numbers then skyrocketed....