Covid-19

JCon

34 minutes ago, Tracker said:

U.S. Coronavirus Deaths Substantially Higher Than Official Tally, Study Shows

The true number of coronavirus-related deaths in the U.S. is likely much higher than the confirmed count, according to a new Yale University study. Researchers used data from the National Center for Health Statistics, comparing the number of excess deaths in the U.S. between March 1 and May 30 to the number of COVID-19 deaths. The researchers found that the number of excess deaths exceeded the number of confirmed coronavirus deaths, suggesting that there are far more deaths related to the virus than previously thoughts. The deaths in the U.S. numbered about 122,300 more than would typically be expected, but only 95,235 of those were attributed to COVID-19.

“Our analyses suggest that the official tally of deaths due to Covid-19 represent a substantial undercount of the true burden,” Yale epidemiologist Dan Weinberger told CNBC.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-coronavirus-deaths-substantially-higher-than-official-tally-study-shows

(There is a pandemic flashpoint when so many are infected that the spread can no longer be contained unless by the harshest of measures)

Like six posts ago, you lectured me about using stats that were not official when I said that researchers believed cases to be 10x higher... but its fine if we report the death toll speculation?

51 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The virus cannot harm you unless you transport it into your body through inhalation or by picking it up on your hands and then into your mouth, nose or the surface of you eyes. And ordinary soap and water will kill the virus- you do not need the sanitizer unless you are outside your home and handling objects that have been contaminated by others.

I would think the in the car qualifier indicates it's for the times he is out and about.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just got a call from Alberta Health Services. I tested negative for the Covid 19 virus. Although I can now say that I do have a cold. Which tells me how easy it still is to pick up the virus as I have not gone out much the past 3 months & I carry hand sanitizer in my car. I also wash my hands as often as I can. The virus is invisible so we don't know where & when we touch it on an exposed surface. 

I wish more than anything there was a yay reaction here

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just got a call from Alberta Health Services. I tested negative for the Covid 19 virus. Although I can now say that I do have a cold. Which tells me how easy it still is to pick up the virus as I have not gone out much the past 3 months & I carry hand sanitizer in my car. I also wash my hands as often as I can. The virus is invisible so we don't know where & when we touch it on an exposed surface. 

Great news! Now as for that metallic taste in your mouth...STOP DRINKING WINE FROM AN ALUMINUM CAN!

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I would think the in the car qualifier indicates it's for the times he is out and about.

Yes, I use hand sanitizer as soon as I get to my car. The problem is the contact points like door handles, seats, sun visor, keys, steering wheel & the gear selector as they are contaminated. Any of those touch points before my hands are sanitized. It's just impossible to know what is contaminated & what isn't.

“I’m living smart, listening to the president,” Patrick said, “but I’m not living in fear of COVID-19.”
👁‍🗨 This is the guy who was “all in” - willing to open up the economy even if it means taking a chance on survival.
March 24

Fact-checking Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick's attacks on Dr. Fauci

Facts First: Based on available data, Patrick is wrong to suggest that Texas didn't skip over anything when it decided to reopen. When Texas reopened on May 1, the state was not in accordance with the criteria outlined by the White House coronavirus task force. It's also absurd to suggest that Fauci has been wrong about every issue.

In May Fauci warned that states that open too soon could see "little spikes that turn into outbreaks," and that "The consequences could be really serious."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/politics/fact-check-fauci-texas-reopening/index.html

👁‍🗨 He says “I’m living smart, listening to the president,“....well, he just lost all credibility right there.

Edited by Mr Dee

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

“I’m living smart, listening to the president,” Patrick said, “but I’m not living in fear of COVID-19.”
👁‍🗨 This is the guy who was “all in” - willing to open up the economy even if it means taking a chance on survival.
March 24

Fact-checking Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick's attacks on Dr. Fauci

Facts First: Based on available data, Patrick is wrong to suggest that Texas didn't skip over anything when it decided to reopen. When Texas reopened on May 1, the state was not in accordance with the criteria outlined by the White House coronavirus task force. It's also absurd to suggest that Fauci has been wrong about every issue.

In May Fauci warned that states that open too soon could see "little spikes that turn into outbreaks," and that "The consequences could be really serious."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/01/politics/fact-check-fauci-texas-reopening/index.html

👁‍🗨 He says “I’m living smart, listening to the president,“....well, he just lost all credibility right there.

Talk about an oxymoron spoken by a moron.

Some young people in Alabama are throwing COVID-19 parties, a disturbing competition where people who have coronavirus attend and the first person to get infected receives a payout, local officials said.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/people-in-alabama-are-throwing-covid-19-parties-with-a-payout-when-one-gets-infected-official-1.5007903