Covid-19

JCon

Saturday, June 27

👁‍🗨Trump Alert... - No, cow urine does not provide effective protection against coronavirus - BBC News (World)
- Florida reported a record 9,585 new Covid-19 cases today and the virus is spreading fast through Texas, Arizona, California, and other US states. - Rick Westhead
- American Airlines, meantime, has decided to start filling planes to capacity. - latimes.com
- JUST IN - Trump campaign postponing VP Mike Pence's campaign events in Arizona and Florida this week "out of an abundance of caution" as both states face spikes in coronavirus cases, a campaign official tells me - Josh Lederman
- Asked what his biggest accomplishments have been, Trump cites legislation that was signed into law by President Obama in 2014 - Aaron Rupar
- Yesterday, Trump said he canceled his trip to his Bedminster, NJ golf course to stay in DC working to "make sure LAW & ORDER is enforced." (It’s raining there)
Today, he's golfing at his Virginia golf course. 
- Workers removed thousands of social distancing stickers before Trump’s Tulsa rally, according to video and a person familiar with the set-up - Washington Post

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It amazes me that somehow this is a surprise to Americans that this is happening exactly as predicted because they did everything wrong, including believing in a president who ordered that all social distancing stickers and posters be taken down before he would come on stage at Tulsa. 

8 hours ago, Tracker said:

It amazes me that somehow this is a surprise to Americans that this is happening exactly as predicted because they did everything wrong, including believing in a president who ordered that all social distancing stickers and posters be taken down before he would come on stage at Tulsa. 

The whole thing is still nothing but a hoax and an overreach to many. And I include Canadians in that statement. 

Former Trump official makes frightening prediction about the number of COVID-19 infections by the end of 2020

Former Trump FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb on Monday warned that COVID-19 infections in the United States are accelerating at an alarming rate that could see as much as half the population infected with the disease by the end of the year. Appearing on CNBC, Gottlieb argued that the rapid spread of COVID-19 in many parts of the country had already gotten out of hand to the point where they may not be much that can be done to stop it.

“The community spread is pretty pervasive and we’re going to see it build pretty quickly over the next two weeks,” he said.

Gottlieb said that the increased number of young people getting the disease has so far meant that we’re seeing fewer deaths than we did earlier this year, but he warned “that won’t stay that way.”

“Eventually it will start to seep into older, more vulnerable people,” he said. “Even if the death rate has come down, which I believe it has, the total number of deaths will go back up, we’ll probably get above 1,000 deaths per day on average.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/former-trump-official-makes-frightening-prediction-about-the-number-of-covid-19-infections-by-the-end-of-2020/

Odd that in the above article the CBC doesn't mention Canada's role in helping to develop the AD5-nCoV vaccine:

But the good news is that CanSino Biologic’s partnership with the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) should guarantee a Canadian supply if the vaccine proves officially viable for mass production, according to Dr. Joanne Langley of the Canadian Center for Vaccinology.

"We'll likely be producing the vaccine on Canadian soil so it gives us security of supply," Langley told The Canadian Press May 22.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/what-we-know-about-the-potential-coronavirus-vaccine-about-to-be-tested-on-canadians-1.4955799

Public health officials advise four cases were identified on Saturday, no cases were identified on Sunday and two new cases of COVID-19 were identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba to 324.

Saturday’s cases were two men in their 30s and one man in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region, and one man in his 30s from the Southern Health – Santé Sud health region. Today’s cases are a woman in her 20s and a man in his 30s, both from the Winnipeg health region.

Preliminary information shows that most of these cases are related to travel or are close contacts of previously identified cases. Information will be updated as investigations are ongoing.

The data also shows:
no individuals in hospital or intensive care,
17 active cases and 300 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19, and
the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at seven.

324.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I'm going for a Covid test this afternoon.  This past Saturday it was my birthday. My son & daughter in law as well as her Dad came over for a BBQ. I decided last minute to go to the liquor store to get a bottle of whiskey & a bottle of rum. The cashier was coughing & sneezing & saying things like, " I should take a break" or "I should leave" as she coughed, hacked & sneezed constantly. She wasn't wearing a mask & once she scanned the liquor handed me the bottles in a plastic bag as soon as she finished coughing on her arm. I never should have taken them but I did.

So, now 2 days later I have a slight headache, a bit of a runny nose & a metallic taste in my mouth... This morning I called Alberta Healthy Services & i'll be tested at a drive thru location. Meanwhile self isolating now until I find out if I have Covid. I'll just go back & forth from home to the testing today. Other than that stay home.

To say I'm furious is an understatement. AHS told me that the liquor store contravened health rules by their employees not wearing masks. What the hell was this person even at work for????

India sets up world's largest covid care facility in Delhi having 10,000 beds. It will                          be manned by 1000 doctors and paramedic staff.

India sets up world's largest covid care facility in Delhi having 10,000 beds. It will be manned by 1000 doctors and paramedic staff.

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm going for a Covid test this afternoon.  This past Saturday it was my birthday. My son & daughter in law as well as her Dad came over for a BBQ. I decided last minute to go to the liquor store to get a bottle of whiskey & a bottle of rum. The cashier was coughing & sneezing & saying things like, " I should take a break" or "I should leave" as she coughed, hacked & sneezed constantly. She wasn't wearing a mask & once she scanned the liquor handed me the bottles in a plastic bag as soon as she finished coughing on her arm. I never should have taken them but I did.

So, now 2 days later I have a slight headache, a bit of a runny nose & a metallic taste in my mouth... This morning I called Alberta Healthy Services & i'll be tested at a drive thru location. Meanwhile self isolating now until I find out if I have Covid. I'll just go back & forth from home to the testing today. Other than that stay home.

To say I'm furious is an understatement. AHS told me that the liquor store contravened health rules by their employees not wearing masks. What the hell was this person even at work for????

I was gonna say, perhaps report the store. If they're having people work with symptoms, covid or not that is grossly irresponsible.