Covid-19

JCon

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Donald Trump Lol GIF by NowThis - Find & Share on GIPHY

When was that? The Garbage Oldboys Party has been devoid of anything but corruption, coddling the 1%, and trampling on people's rights for decades unless they're privileged, rich, straight, white Christians hell bent on defending mUh LiBeRtIeS.

I go back a lot further than you do. Back in the 60's the Republicans were a responsible party. There wasn't the same kind of Tea Party social conservatism like today. Aside from Nixon's disastrous second term with Watergate, he did negotiate an end to the Vietnam War.  He visited Communist China in 1971 which at the time was extraordinary. The Reagan Years were a success, especially his first term as well. Star Wars brought the breakdown of Communist Russia & Eastern Europe  until the Contra Affair scandal but there may be evidence Reagan's faculties may not have been all there in 1987 with early stages of Alzheimers. 

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I go back a lot further than you do. Back in the 60's the Republicans were a responsible party. There wasn't the same kind of Tea Party social conservatism like today. Aside from Nixon's disastrous second term with Watergate, he did negotiate an end to the Vietnam War.  He visited Communist China in 1971 which at the time was extraordinary. The Reagan Years were a success, especially his first term as well. Star Wars brought the breakdown of Communist Russia & Eastern Europe  until the Contra Affair scandal but there may be evidence Reagan's faculties may not have been all there in 1987 with early stages of Alzheimers. 

So apart from Nixon's criminality (and I believe there were some silly buggers being played with regards to ending the Vietnam war as well) it's all good? Also, Reagan started all the trickle down economics bullshit which is basically class warfare with the 1% looting and pillaging from everyone else. 

So if you're going back to the 60 to find the last time the Republicans were half ways decent you're looking at 60 years ago!

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

So apart from Nixon's criminality (and I believe there were some silly buggers being played with regards to ending the Vietnam war as well) it's all good? Also, Reagan started all the trickle down economics bullshit which is basically class warfare with the 1% looting and pillaging from everyone else. 

So if you're going back to the 60 to find the last time the Republicans were half ways decent you're looking at 60 years ago!

I'm not sticking up for the Republicans. I despise what they've become. Just saying at one point there were decent men & women who belonged to that party.  

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Some more hucksters out there and this is bordering on criminal...

Mega head cases is more like it.

In Indonesia (I think) a "healer" who was offering to cure people (for a fee, of course) was arrested and ordered to atone by working in a ward for COVID victims as an orderly for three months without PPE. He didn't last long, contracting the virus and dying in about a month. Sounds like a damned good punishment for these loathsome parasites.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not sticking up for the Republicans. I despise what they've become. Just saying at one point there were decent men & women who belonged to that party.  

Yeah and I'm not attacking you, I'm just saying that saying what they were 60 years ago is pretty irrelevant. It's as pathetic as the Republicans who like to go on and on about the party of Lincoln. When you have drifted so far from that path there is not point it clinging to it.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah and I'm not attacking you, I'm just saying that saying what they were 60 years ago is pretty irrelevant. It's as pathetic as the Republicans who like to go on and on about the party of Lincoln. When you have drifted so far from that path there is not point it clinging to it.

Yeah, agree. I liked Reagan. 

48 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ronny Reagan did not have much to like. He and his flunkies contacted Iranian officials and negotiated an October surprise, that undermined Carter's negotiations to release US hostages until Reagan was elected. Then, they secretly sold weapons to Iran, used the money to buy drugs and sold them in the black neighbourhoods. Then they funnelled the profits to the Nicaraguan "Contras". When a reporter uncovered this, Col. Oliver North was charged and convicted only to be pardoned by Reagan. The reporter was found with several bullets in his head, but before that, the Reagan administration worked behind the scenes to destroy his career. Reagan used a famous Hollywood medium to counsel him on all important matters while Frank Sinatra spent a lot of time behind closed doors with Nancy. For the last two years of his presidency, he was lost in dementia but this was never disclosed to the public.

49 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

a

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Ronny Reagan did not have much to like. He and his flunkies contacted Iranian officials and negotiated an October surprise, that undermined Carter's negotiations to release US hostages until Reagan was elected. Then, they secretly sold weapons to Iran, used the money to buy drugs and sold them in the black neighbourhoods. Then they funnelled the profits to the Nicaraguan "Contras". When a reporter uncovered this, Col. Oliver North was charged and convicted only to be pardoned by Reagan. The reporter was found with several bullets in his head, but before that, the Reagan administration worked behind the scenes to destroy his career. Reagan used a famous Hollywood medium to counsel him on all important matters while Frank Sinatra spent a lot of time behind closed doors with Nancy. For the last two years of his presidency, he was lost in dementia but this was never disclosed to the public.

a

I call your a & raise you a b. They say Kennedy killed Marilyn Monroe. Clinton was a sexual predator. 

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And they seem to be wavering on charging the couple who came back from states and not isolate when they knew they were sick.

They better fine these dumb f**ks.  They traveled to the US and Alberta where they were in contact with a person confirmed to have Covid.  They should have been self isolating regardless of whether or not they were symptomatic (which they clearly were).  

Even if they weren't in that position, if you are sick or showing signs of sickness, stay the f**k home!  Two strikes is enough for a fine in my books.

Edited by bigg jay

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

They better fine these dumb f**ks.  They traveled to the US and Alberta where they were in contact with a person confirmed to have Covid.  They should have been self isolating regardless of whether or not they were symptomatic (which they clearly were).  

Even if they weren't in that position, if you are sick or showing signs of sickness, stay the f**k home!  Two strikes is enough for a fine in my books.

giphy.gif

Residents in summer tourism hot spots like Alberta and British Columbia are worried that Americans skirting the law are going to turn them into a different sort of hot spot.

At first it was just a social media rumor: though the Canada/U.S. border is closed to non-essential travel, some travelers were believed to be using a loophole to gain entry into Canada. License plates from several U.S. states including Texas, Utah, Washington, Arizona, and California had been spotted in tourism hot spots. While on the waterways, U.S.-flagged vessels had been showing up in remote coastal communities where they’re the object of fear.

The rumor was confirmed when a group of Americans showed up in Banff, Alberta, a couple weeks ago. According to local police, a complaint was filed when a group of four diners from Texas stopped in to a restaurant and told their server they weren’t actually going to Alaska, but were having a vacation. In Banff, the RCMP have issued a half-dozen tickets to Americans, and numerous complaints had been lodged with local government after residents spotted more and more American plates.

As the RCMP began looking for and ticketing Americans in Banff, another wayward U.S.-plated vehicle was spotted. This time a couple from Arizona showed up in a campground in Golden, British Columbia. The couple told campground owners Joy Guyot and Michelle Nagydeak they’d crossed into Canada and were on their way home to Alaska. The thing was, according to Google Maps, the trip through picturesque Golden added more than eight hours of driving time to a direct trip to Alaska.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/americans-are-using-this-loophole-to-vacation-in-canada?ref=home

More Young People Are Testing Positive For COVID-19, Particularly In The South. Health officials suspect younger populations have given up on social distancing, which could put older people at risk.

Health officials are reporting a significant rise in younger people testing positive for the new coronavirus, particularly in Southern states, raising fresh concerns about social distancing failures and fatigue as states continue to reopen businesses amid the pandemic.

Over the last week, officials in Florida, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina have reported an uptick in COVID-19 cases among people in their 20s and 30s. In Florida, where the total case count surpassed 100,000 on Monday, the median age for coronavirus victims went from 65 at the beginning of March to 36 last week, according to the Florida Department of Health.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/younger-people-testing-positive-covid-19_n_5ef0bf99c5b639909d576089?ri18n=true

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

More Young People Are Testing Positive For COVID-19, Particularly In The South. Health officials suspect younger populations have given up on social distancing, which could put older people at risk.

Son of a beach.

Who could have known?