Covid-19

JCon

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

TUP is actually referencing how many people he has been forced to re-educate in terms of his version of covid information... as in you are one of the moles he whacked - to talk some sense into them

Not my info. Just threads by journalists and articles in mainstream news.  Sorry that doesn’t fit your 20/20 hindsight revisionism.  But at this point clinging to a failed argument just looks like you’re desperate to parrot trump.  Sadly. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

I'm trying to get along with everyone here regardless of their beliefs.  I don't want to make this personal so, I'm not here to argue. Just to make my point as to why I'm disheartened & changed my mind.  If people can understand my position then I'll make an effort to understand theirs.   We're all friends here. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm trying to get along with everyone here regardless of their beliefs.  I don't want to make this personal so, I'm not here to argue. Just to make my point as to why I'm disheartened & changed my mind.  If people can understand my position then I'll make an effort to understand there's. We're all friends here. 

I find your remarks impassioned and I understand.  I have no issue with how you express yourself. It’s welcomed, as far as I’m concerned.  My earlier remark wasn’t directed towards you at all. I enjoy your posts and I enjoy discussions with you.  There’s only a few people they can’t handle it and try to drag things into the mud. And some of them aren’t here anymore. So.... 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I find your remarks impassioned and I understand.  I have no issue with how you express yourself. It’s welcomed, as far as I’m concerned.  My earlier remark wasn’t directed towards you at all. I enjoy your posts and I enjoy discussions with you.  There’s only a few people they can’t handle it and try to drag things into the mud. And some of them aren’t here anymore. So.... 

We're all in the same boat. We all just want to get through this & go back to what life was like last Xmas. 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not my info. Just threads by journalists and articles in mainstream news.  Sorry that doesn’t fit your 20/20 hindsight revisionism.  But at this point clinging to a failed argument just looks like you’re desperate to parrot trump.  Sadly. 

Fun fact: A group of parrots is called a pandemonium.

Just like this thread lol.

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

Well then why did he use covid as the reason then... just say I’m cutting environmental regs and not suspending them due to covid contagion - that’s my f*cking point

why did his minister say it’s a great time to build pipeline because people can’t gather to protest 

Because they're assholes! 

When kenneys mouth is moving you know he's bullshitting. He is losing support so he is trying to make his crappy leadership less unpopular by hitching it to something outside his control, but it's been his game plan the whole time. It was in his campaign. 

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Life is grand... Mongos is re-opening soon!!!   The world is going back to normal finally!! 

It won't be as we remember it though... now you'll fill out a ticket with your desired ingredients and they'll fill your bowl.  One of the things I loved about Mongo's was the customization and being able to tweak things as I went along... not sure how their new model will work for people like me but they're doing what they need to I guess.  I'll try it but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Kenaston opens tomorrow, with Regent & Polo Park opening with phase 3 (so around June 21st).

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We're all in the same boat. We all just want to get through this & go back to what life was like last Xmas. 

Something I read resonated with me.  It read something like 'We're not all in the same boat but we're all certainly in the same storm'.

I like the way this is put because some people are definitely in more crappy boats than others.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry TUP. Not here to argue with you or anyone. Just saying how I feel. Two weeks ago any large gathering would have been described here as Covidiots & severely chastized. Now, with all the demonstrations it's somehow "more important" & worth it... as in risking  multi super spreader events. As long as the covidiots are demonstrators then it seems acceptable. I & millions like me are crossing the road the other way. As in **** it.

There were a LOT of people in the States saying "F it" before the BLM protests started.  The increased infection rates in 22 States likely don't even include many protesters yet as they only started 8 days ago.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

It won't be as we remember it though... now you'll fill out a ticket with your desired ingredients and they'll fill your bowl.  One of the things I loved about Mongo's was the customization and being able to tweak things as I went along... not sure how their new model will work for people like me but they're doing what they need to I guess.  I'll try it but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Kenaston opens tomorrow, with Regent & Polo Park opening with phase 3 (so around June 21st).

Baby steps... I'm just glad that they didn't close for good.   However my massive co-workers may howl because they won't have a ridiculous meat shield wall with noodle tower standing a foot tall....

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Baby steps... I'm just glad that they didn't close for good.   However my massive co-workers may howl because they won't have a ridiculous meat shield wall with noodle tower standing a foot tall....

It's going to be a long time before buffet style restaurants will be allowed so this might be the new normal for Mongo's.  They had to try something though.

The Mongo's meatwall is an art form that will be lost to Covid-19 unfortunately! 

Toronto Public Health says they have yet to find any evidence that crowding at Trinity Bellwoods Park in late May led to an increase in COVID-19 cases.

“We urge residents to continue practising physical distancing and to keep with members of your household only when going outside,” they wrote in the tweet.

“COVID-19 continues to circulate in Toronto and over 65 per cent of cases reported since that day are from a close contact.”

It's not sitting in the stands outdoors that's the issue, it's entry and exit points as well as washrooms, concessions and all that stuff that would be the challenge. Throw in the questions like, are people taking transit etc. and you just add more questions. 

I believe there is a way... the question is, is there a will? Because it's a lot of work to prepare. 

6 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Something I read resonated with me.  It read something like 'We're not all in the same boat but we're all certainly in the same storm'.

I like the way this is put because some people are definitely in more crappy boats than others.

Same boat as in we're all subject to the same restrictions. I can't speak for personal, monetary or socio-economic boats. I understand that Covid 19 is wreaking havoc in some Indigenous communities, for example.  The Same Boat analogy was a generalized statement & not a personal one. 

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Because they're assholes! 

When kenneys mouth is moving you know he's bullshitting. He is losing support so he is trying to make his crappy leadership less unpopular by hitching it to something outside his control, but it's been his game plan the whole time. It was in his campaign. 

That’s my entire concern with lockdown - I supported lockdown at the start... but we are watching it morph into government over reach - trump and kenney tearing apart env regs for example... yes kenney would have tried to do it but I doubt he would have got away with it without using the guise of covid

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Bonnie Henry has done amazing work since day one...

they quietly set up quarantine triage camps in parks in Vancouver when this started in case they needed to isolate and treat homeless, addicts, etc

of any expert, Henry and by extension Horgan have been spot on throughout this pandemic

16 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Haha so just to recap - you cry to the mods about me insulting you then as soon as you have speedflex to hide behind, you call me a ‘trump parrot’

impressive trolling... twist your adversary into a trumper or a truther - cheap tactic that works