Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I get that but... when it came to demonstrations no one deferred to any experts. It just went ahead. No one stopped it. Seems demonstrations are okay but football games are not even though the crowds are similar in size. That is why I'm so disenchanted. It's okay to break the rules as long as it is politically correct. I lost my job.  I've self isolated for months wanting to flatten the curve. For what? What a waste of my life since March. Myself & millions of others.  We've been lied to. 

Its different.  Any thought that health or government authorities should have stopped the protests is a non starter.  Thats exactly what you dont do when 20,000 people are marching for a cause.  Plus, its different.  This isnt people wanting to get haircuts.  Its an historic protest happening all over the world.  In a perfect scenario, they dont happen...public health comes first.  In this case, you take the risk, or you allow the risk because the greater good is of historic importance.  And the last thing you do is send in swat teams to fight protesters.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its different.  Any thought that health or government authorities should have stopped the protests is a non starter.  Thats exactly what you dont do when 20,000 people are marching for a cause.  Plus, its different.  This isnt people wanting to get haircuts.  Its an historic protest happening all over the world.  In a perfect scenario, they dont happen...public health comes first.  In this case, you take the risk, or you allow the risk because the greater good is of historic importance.  And the last thing you do is send in swat teams to fight protesters.

Fine the organizers. The ones that grab a bullhorn & start speaking. The ones that love to talk to the media taking all kinds of credit for organizing a demonstration. Fine them heavily.  Like I said, I'm extremely disenchanted as I did my part for months & I feel like I've been suckered in. I really don't feel  like doing it anymore. Anyone who has been following my posts here know my feeling on police brutality & racism. That the cops needs to be reigned in & changes made. I defended the lockdown back in March & up to 2 weeks ago but now I've had enough. End this bullshit & totally open the economy. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Fine the organizers. The ones that grab a bullhorn & start speaking. The ones that love to talk to the media taking all kinds of credit for organizing a demonstration. Fine them heavily.  Like I said, I'm extremely disenchanted as I did my part for months & I feel like I've been suckered in. I really don't feel  like doing it anymore. Anyone who has been following my posts here know my feeling on police brutality & racism. That the cops needs to be reigned in & changes made. I defended the lockdown back in March & up to 2 weeks ago but now I've had enough. End this bullshit & totally open the economy. 

We're very open here in Manitoba.  Work, restaurants, hair salons.  So im not sure where you think we're still under a lockdown.  We can disagree on this but no one was stopping that protest.  Period.  And trying, either directly through police action or indirectly through fining would do nothing but inflame the issue.  What activity is it you want to do that you feel you cant but are upset protesters can protest?

nobody, anywhere in North America, at any point, has been in a lockdown. That's a dog-whistle term for some people concerned about their "rights". Italy had a lockdown...police/army in the streets making sure nobody leaves their home. The fact that some people think what we've been going through is a "lockdown" shows just how privileged we really are.

41 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I posted a sort about the spike in cases being the worst for those areas.  You are welcome to go back and look for it.   

I can't find the spike in cases you talk about - I'm looking at the offical government data, its all we have whether or not we accept their reporting regimes

The data indicates that there is no spike in deaths or cases - in fact cases seem to be levelling off in Minnesota

I'm open to understanding your stance - but please provide backup data

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

nobody, anywhere in North America, at any point, has been in a lockdown. That's a dog-whistle term for some people concerned about their "rights". Italy had a lockdown...police/army in the streets making sure nobody leaves their home. The fact that some people think what we've been going through is a "lockdown" shows just how privileged we really are.

100% agree with the first part... however, the second part is a bit off - Italy's 'lockdown' came after its citizens ignored the first lockdown...

Again - my stance is against government misuse/overuse of lockdown (whatever form it takes) and this 'new normal' that seems quite unnecessary.  

Kenney cancelling environmental monitoring because of covid, Palliser cleaning out the public sector under the guise of covid, Legault passing sweeping powers in Bill-61, Trudeau spending like a mad man, etc...  

Yet - we still haven't addressed or made significant moves to change the way we treat seniors and fund nursing homes...  

31 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I can't find the spike in cases you talk about - I'm looking at the offical government data, its all we have whether or not we accept their reporting regimes

The data indicates that there is no spike in deaths or cases - in fact cases seem to be levelling off in Minnesota

I'm open to understanding your stance - but please provide backup data

Nah, I posted it.  I cant recall when.  If I stumble across it Ill re post but nothing really will alter your stance anyway so its not overly important either way.

People have lost jobs and businesses. People have been unable to see dying or seriously ill loved ones who are in hospitals, people haven't been allowed to attend their place of worship, people haven't given up many things that made up their day to day lives and they did it for the greater good, to help save lives and flatten the curve because this is what the government, public health officials and the media preached and heck for the mot part did it willingly. Then other people and many of the same government officials hold rallies for what is without question a good cause but at the same time, people weren't observing social distancing not were all wearing masks and they're told that this was ok because it was for good? So Noeller, The Unknown Poster, 17to85, you don't see why people are upset or disillusioned?

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

People have lost jobs and businesses. People have been unable to see dying or seriously ill loved ones who are in hospitals, people haven't been allowed to attend their place of worship, people haven't given up many things that made up their day to day lives and they did it for the greater good, to help save lives and flatten the curve because this is what the government, public health officials and the media preached and heck for the mot part did it willingly. Then other people and many of the same government officials hold rallies for what is without question a good cause but at the same time, people weren't observing social distancing not were all wearing masks and they're told that this was ok because it was for good? So Noeller, The Unknown Poster, 17to85, you don't see why people are upset or disillusioned?

There is a big difference between people clustering in large numbers on a regular basis for entertainment purposes or work for that matter. The protests have been to protest an  issue which has been a stain on societies and institutions since time immemorial. It affects more than the people who are the target .It seeps into our whole country and costs us all in so many overt and subtle ways. My wife is immune-compromised and still encouraged me to go to the rally last Saturday, but I refused, fearing that I might bring something home that might do her harm. We all have to make decisions but if Trudeau did not attend, he would have been criticized for that, as well, and I believe that he did the right thing.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There is a big difference between people clustering in large numbers on a regular basis for entertainment purposes or work for that matter. The protests have been to protest an  issue which has been a stain on societies and institutions since time immemorial. It affects more than the people who are the target .It seeps into our whole country and costs us all in so many overt and subtle ways. My wife is immune-compromised and still encouraged me to go to the rally last Saturday, but I refused, fearing that I might bring something home that might do her harm. We all have to make decisions but if Trudeau did not attend, he would have been criticized for that, as well, and I believe that he did the right thing.

I never mentioned Trudeau, nice deflection.

I never said the issue wasn't important. I simply asked if you can't see why they're frustrated or feel mislead?

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I never said the issue wasn't important. I simply asked if you can't see why they're frustrated or feel mislead?

We see things, not as they are, but as we are.

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Welcome to non sequitur h@ll

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Nah, I posted it.  I cant recall when.  If I stumble across it Ill re post but nothing really will alter your stance anyway so its not overly important either way.

Absolutely classic TUP - ‘nah’ whenever you are asked to backup your claims haha love it

Another classic Floyd, attack the poster when he cant make a sensible post.  Im not employed as your personal researcher.  You're rapidly becoming an embarrassment.

An observation is not an attack - an accurate observation at that.

The same way that citing official statistics is not a slight towards people who have died of covid.

Do a quick search of your own posts with the keyword ‘nah’... or better yet post a link to the data you are using

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

An observation is not an attack - an accurate observation at that.

The same way that citing official statistics is not a slight towards people who have died of covid.

Do a quick search of your own posts with the keyword ‘nah’... or better yet post a link to the data you are using

You've repeatedly over the past few days insulted or attacked me.  You're a child.  I dont mind a discussion but you're completely immature and like I said, embarrassing.  So do yourself a favour and ignore me.  I will continue to post as I see fit.  But if you cant handle mature discussion, just dont engage.  That's free advice, no need to pay me.

You've repeatedly over the past few days insulted or attacked me.  You're a child.  I dont mind a discussion but you're completely immature and like I said, embarrassing.  So do yourself a favour and ignore me.  I will continue to post as I see fit.  But if you cant handle mature discussion, just dont engage.  That's free advice, no need to pay me.

It’s a pretty easy reread to see who started ‘insults’ first...  I just pointed out your style of posting - it’s not an insult

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

There, my research fee is $150/hour.  You can e-transfer me.

‘And many other states are like this click the thread for info’

Maybe I missed it but there’s no info - Utah has a small spike, New York is drastically lower, etc etc

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Time for some self-reflection, Floyd.  I wont even ask for an apology.  Just knock it off.  Be better.

Haha - thanks I’m okay...

it was my mistake to think that you jump onto someone else’s post, run with it, make it your cause, then deflect and finally turtle if anyone questions it because it really wasn’t your original idea

i got that strange notion from watching years of your posts but I will reflect and try to see what I am missing - thanks for caring about humans - you’re an inspiration TUP

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Haha - thanks I’m okay...

it was my mistake to think that you jump onto someone else’s post, run with it, make it your cause, then deflect and finally turtle if anyone questions it because it really wasn’t your original idea

i got that strange notion from watching years of your posts but I will reflect and try to see what I am missing - thanks for caring about humans - you’re an inspiration TUP

Okay, you're just being an ******* now.  I even re-posted the info for you.  I appreciate that you're a big fan and have followed me intently on here.  But honestly, you're not getting a signed 8X10 so if you cant handle a mature discussion just dont reply.  I will choose to reply as I see fit.  They say when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.  Well, on this subject, you're in as deep as can go.  

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Okay, you're just being an ******* now.  I even re-posted the info for you.  I appreciate that you're a big fan and have followed me intently on here.  But honestly, you're not getting a signed 8X10 so if you cant handle a mature discussion just dont reply.  I will choose to reply as I see fit.  They say when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.  Well, on this subject, you're in as deep as can go.  

Haha I’m just messing with you TUP - for J5’s reading pleasure...  you’re right - covid is on the rise and death is sure to follow - at least in Florida where they didn’t have a good cause..,

im going to go spend my stock market dollars with my Trump buddies now because I only care about money and not people...  trying to remember what poster insulted me like that at the start of covid - his name slips my mind...