Covid-19

JCon

One new case of COVID-19 was reported in Manitoba today.

The latest case and the previous three cases are all linked to a cluster related to temporary foreign workers in the Southern health region, chief provincial public health officer Dr. Brent Roussin said today. The cases pose no risk to the public, Roussin said. Those cases and their contacts are being isolated at this time, he said. 

A total of 298 cases have been reported in Manitoba, with 282 recovered, nine active cases and seven COVID-19-related deaths.

would love to see the MB active case load at 0 by July. Keep on kickin' ass, MB. Also of great value to me, Roussin talked about how they might loosen the inter-provincial restrictions (no 14 day isolation requirement) "by jurisdiction", so theoretically, I could come home from AB without needing to isolate for 14 days. Still have hope for end of summer! 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-how-shoring-up-hospitals-for-covid-19-contributed-to-canadas-long/

Worth the two minutes to sign up for free access to Covid articles...

The three provinces that are Canada's covid hotspots - Quebec, Ontario, Alberta - all transferred elderly covid-positve patients from hospitals to nursing homes... a major part of our covid lockdown response unintentionally increased the death toll

In March, while BC increased nursing home safety protocols... Quebec institute a 'load shedding' policy - paying nursing homes to take patients who were in hospitals... Ontario transferred 2800 patients to nursing homes... Alberta discharged 900 patients to nursing homes...  all before lockdown started...

Sweden made the same mistakes - not allowing sick patients to be transferred to hospitals...  Denmark got it right - by investing in seniors care and allowing sick covid patients to be treated immediately

The final death toll has very little to do with the general population - its about how different countries treat and fund their elderly

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

would love to see the MB active case load at 0 by July. Keep on kickin' ass, MB. Also of great value to me, Roussin talked about how they might loosen the inter-provincial restrictions (no 14 day isolation requirement) "by jurisdiction", so theoretically, I could come home from AB without needing to isolate for 14 days. Still have hope for end of summer! 

Im hoping as well as it impacts my pro wrestling business.  Small potatoes compared to others with greater concerns but still a thing for me.

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

I thought you were an Oilers fan?

6 hours ago, bustamente said:

7 active cases as of today..................almost there, keep respecting everyone right to distance and stay safe a vaccine may never come but the way changes have happened will keep us safer in the future

Definitely.  In our school, washing your hands when you arrive and when you leave is going to become a firm policy. 

BC reporting numbers on Covid...

70% of deaths were over 80 years old (25% over 90)

60% of cases were 30-60 years old (12% of total deaths - 21 people)

Majority of hospitalizations - 70-80 years old

Waiting for the second wave from the demonstrations

No concerts or mass gatherings until we have a vaccine...