Covid-19

JCon

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I like when you try to use china to prove anything. It’s funny.  Adds some levity.  Also when you pretend the virus after lockdowns was always what it was going to be without.  It’s cute you think that. 

Glad you enjoyed it. 

Pot meet kettle,

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi admitted Thursday that she has not been tested for coronavirus, nor has she been tested for antibodies to determine if she had previously been infected.

Pelosi was asked about her testing status during a weekly press briefing, during which she espoused the significance of widespread testing in helping get the pandemic under control, after 1.7 million people have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and more than 100,000 have died.

do as I say, not as I do, always the liberal mantra. 

No wonder you were so upset, Jason Kenney seems to agree with me,

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney made the comments this week as he argued wholesale shutdowns of the economy are no longer necessary for coronavirus.

“For most Albertans, the risk of death from other pathogens, accidents and traffic fatalities is actually higher than it is for COVID,” Kenney said Wednesday, according to the Calgary Herald.

Kenney referred to coronavirus as “an influenza that does not generally threaten life” apart from at-risk populations.

"What we are learning is that younger people, while not completely immune, have a rate of mortality related to COVID that is no higher than their general mortality rate for other illnesses," Kenney told the house Wednesday.

wow, great minds really do think alike.

No need to apologize to me. 

Jason Kenney with the second lowest approval rating right now.........that's the guy you want to hitch your wagon to, to prove your intelligence? BTW, Pallister in dead last among provinces with "significant populations".....

Notice how the pandemics always seem to come at the end/start of the decade? 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

“No longer necessary” is not the same as taking a more relaxed approach from the start.  

Or we just now realize that Sweden's model was the correct one from the start.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jason Kenney with the second lowest approval rating right now.........that's the guy you want to hitch your wagon to, to prove your intelligence? BTW, Pallister in dead last among provinces with "significant populations".....

Still in denial about the facts? No hope for you I'm afraid.

Great article in Calgary Herald

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/nelson-let-s-cut-young-canadians-some-coronavirus-slack/ar-BB14HTQl?ocid=msedgntp

Once the fear genie’s let loose, enticing it back into the bottle is not some easy task.

Indeed, it’s often followed into the open by an even more destructive emotion: anger.

Collectively, we’re so scared by mass death modelling we’ve willingly submitted to the largest global social experiment ever conducted; the simultaneous shutdowns of lifestyles billions have long taken for granted.

To jog collective memories, let’s return to 1969, a time when the planet’s last major epidemic was cutting its final swath.

The Hong Kong flu, like many viruses, had returned for a repeat, deadlier performance, after initially arriving in 1968.

Borders weren’t closed, colleges shuttered, bars and restaurants off-limits and the economy wasn’t deliberately deep-sixed. We might have sheltered in place July 20, but only to watch one small step for man and a giant leap for mankind. These days Apollo 11 would be cancelled and the moon placed off-limits.

Meanwhile, we fervent boomers had no intention of keeping six feet apart. Instead, almost half a million trekked to Max Yasgur’s farm in upstate New York for four days of love, drugs and rock and roll.

It would forever be known as Woodstock. Strange, although the Hong Kong flu would eventually claim up to four million souls, it’s that peace and love festival best recalled. Not the fear and loathing.

We would do well to remember that today. Hey, after all, it was us that picked the higher path, back then.

So let’s give today’s kids a break. Hey, we’re not exactly leaving them that imaginary Age

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Manitoba reports 2 new probable cases of #COVID19 today, bringing the total to 294.
- 14 active cases
- 0 in hospital
- 273 recovered
- 7 deaths

I'd like to see more info on these new cases in regards to best guess as to how they got it.

I read that it was 2 males in their twenties.  No other details though unfortunately.

43 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Or we just now realize that Sweden's model was the correct one from the start.

Even the man who implemented the strategy for Sweden is not convinced of that statement you so confidently assert. And it would appear that not locking down hasn't spared their economy either. And herd immunity isn't even progressing like they thought. So any other mistruths you want to offer, or are you just spouting unwarranted opinions with no factual underpinning to them?

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/25/861923548/stockholm-wont-reach-herd-immunity-in-may-sweden-s-chief-epidemiologist-says

Here's another pair of recent articles on the "herd immunity" lack of success. Based on this, please elaborate on how this model was "the correct one from the start".

https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorspicks/article/Sweden-herd-immunity-experiment-backfires-covid-15289437.php

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-antibody-study-suggests-sweden-not-reaching-herd-immunity-2020-5

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Correction: Kenny is the most despised with Pallister a close second overall.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Manitoba reports 2 new probable cases of #COVID19 today, bringing the total to 294.
- 14 active cases
- 0 in hospital
- 273 recovered
- 7 deaths

I'd like to see more info on these new cases in regards to best guess as to how they got it.

The good news is that the two younger males identified are not in care, and two people have been discharged from care as cured.

15 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Even the man who implemented the strategy for Sweden is not convinced of that statement you so confidently assert. And it would appear that not locking down hasn't spared their economy either. And herd immunity isn't even progressing like they thought. So any other mistruths you want to offer, or are you just spouting unwarranted opinions with no factual underpinning to them?

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/25/861923548/stockholm-wont-reach-herd-immunity-in-may-sweden-s-chief-epidemiologist-says

Here's another pair of recent articles on the "herd immunity" lack of success. Based on this, please elaborate on how this model was "the correct one from the start".

https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorspicks/article/Sweden-herd-immunity-experiment-backfires-covid-15289437.php

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-antibody-study-suggests-sweden-not-reaching-herd-immunity-2020-5

We won't know until the second wave hits in the fall so keep your shorts on. 

Earlier this month, Tegnell, who leads the public-health agency, told the Financial Times that while countries that imposed strict lockdowns would likely suffer large second waves later in the year, Sweden's would be smaller.

"In the autumn there will be a second wave," Tegnell said. "Sweden will have a high level of immunity and the number of cases will probably be quite low."

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Who are you talking to?  Or are you just randomly or generally acting like a **** to everyone?

I find responding to this poster gives this person the energy they thirst for. If one doesn’t respond to their posts it denies this poster the energy they need. I’m sure some people do that to me here all the time. Free speech by all means just don't engage. (Insert Abe Simpson yelling at clouds here).

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

This must be a half dozen times someone has had to mention this fact. People talking about herd immunity as if they haven’t heard this concept before. It’s no secret that practically every country in the world has used the same thinking, with slight differences.

And I don’t think Canada is capable of the anarchy spoken of earlier.

Sorry, but we’re much too polite for that. 😄

Hold on a minute....I was getting my gear together to join the billionaire huntin' posse...I've got a garden hose and an old set of illegal lawn darts!  ATTACK!!!!

Michael Gallagher - infectious disease physician 
COVID-19 has changed everything. The way we live, the way our kids learn, the way we work. It has trashed the economy, exploded unemployment, and harmed businesses, many of them, sadly, beyond repair. But here’s the deal: it’s real and it’s here and it’s still spreading.

Do you want to know why medical people, real medical people, not some crackpot quacks and kooks with a YouTube account or Facebook page, are taking this seriously? 
Because it’s serious. And we’re serious people when it comes to people’s health and their lives. Yes, it mostly kills at-risk populations (the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions) but it also kills perfectly healthy people with no prior diagnoses and we don’t know why. 

I’m so tired of people acting like there’s information that’s being cooked up or withheld. You know why there’s lots of gaps in the information? Because we’re still learning about this virus every day. It’s new. It’s never been seen. How it acts, how it spreads, why it does the things it does is all new and we’re learning on the fly. Stop mistaking genuine lack of information for misinformation or withheld information.

The numbers: this one sticks in my craw like no other.
“I heard they didn’t die from COVID-19, they died from a heart attack but they were positive so they called it COVID-19 to boost the numbers and scare people.” Stop. It. You know how many people died specifically from AIDS? Zero. AIDS patients die from pneumonia or some other illness normal, healthy people fight off because the AIDS virus destroyed their immune system and they couldn’t fight off the infection. But at the heart of it, they died because of AIDS.
The coronavirus attacks the respiratory system. The respiratory system is, in case you didn’t know, pretty important to sustaining life. It also has a huge impact on how other organ systems, like the heart, work. Guess what, when your lungs don’t work because they’ve basically filled with brick mortar because the virus is attacking them, that puts a bit of a strain on your ticker and very well can cause it to fail. So unless you have a basic understanding of or want to understand how interconnected organ systems are and how the body fundamentally functions: stop. 
End Part 1

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I find responding to this poster gives this person the energy they thirst for. If one doesn’t respond to their posts it denies this poster the energy they need. I’m sure some people do that to me here all the time. Free speech by all means just don't engage. (Insert Abe Simpson yelling at clouds here).

I think that when someone is clearly trolling or baiting or just being absurd responding to that end points it out. I’m surprised he’s still allowed to post beee since he’s literally a trump surrogate at this point.  Offers nothing of value and clearly intends to start arguments or maliciously aggravate people.  Enough is enough.  The idea every single one of us pretends he’s not here is akin to him not being here.  Let’s hope that’s the next step actually.   But I hear what you’re saying lol 

4 hours ago, pigseye said:

No wonder you were so upset, Jason Kenney seems to agree with me,

wow, great minds really do think alike.

No need to apologize to me. 

Hey if you think being like Jason kenney is something to be proud of.... crippling this province. Just terrible all around. Increased the debt, reduced services... yeah great guy.