Covid-19

JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

No word in that article on the incubation period before someone shows symptoms. However, it does confirm that we need 10 days of isolation following symptoms showing up. 

Good catch.  Proper wording would have been "remains infectious for 8 days"?  

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What’s this about a national sick day plan?  Interesting.  10 day paid sick leave.  My company actually provides a lot of paid sick leave but if you use more than 3 days a year you’re considered excessive which is absurd.  

I am in favour of the idea, although I am fortunate and have sick days with my job.

Nice play by the NDP and Trudeau. For the NDP, you leveraged the minority to push for something you want. For Trudeau, you agree but its a provincial area so you either get the provinces to agree and you're a hero or you push it and they don't and they take the blame.

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Keep spending, the money never ends. God I feel sorry for the generations that are going to have to pay for this. 

...at least there will BE generations to pay for it....... whatever it takes to prevent unnecessary deaths.

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

There’s also that scenario that if it weren’t for all that spending, there would be less generations who would have to pay for it.

Literally, I was posting this very thought..^

Well you better sit down and rethink that. 

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was just thinking this morning that it was really nice the crazy people hadn't been posting in here for awhile...... spoke too soon. 

You can't provide anything to back up your wild statement that this is somehow a threat to humanity, yes I 'd call that crazy talk alright. 

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was just thinking this morning that it was really nice the crazy people hadn't been posting in here for awhile...... spoke too soon. 

My experience has been that some get a real sense of joy with confrontation and feel they are winning when they think they are triggering others with aggressive and/or passive aggressive tactics. It’s how they are wired and how they have been conditioned over time. Self awareness is not their friend.

Read this and then tell me that he is wrong, a Doctor and Harvard Medical Instructor, then go give your heads a shake.

https://slate.com/technology/2020/03/coronavirus-mortality-rate-lower-than-we-think.html?utm_source=digg

This all suggests that COVID-19 is a relatively benign disease for most young people, and a potentially devastating one for the old and chronically ill, albeit not nearly as risky as reported. Given the low mortality rate among younger patients with coronavirus—zero in children 10 or younger among hundreds of cases in China, and 0.2-0.4 percent in most healthy nongeriatric adults (and this is still before accounting for what is likely to be a high number of undetected asymptomatic cases)—we need to divert our focus away from worrying about preventing systemic spread among healthy people—which is likely either inevitable, or out of our control—and commit most if not all of our resources toward protecting those truly at risk of developing critical illness and even death: everyone over 70, and people who are already at higher risk from this kind of virus.

This still largely comes down to hygiene and isolation. But in particular, we need to focus on the right people and the right places. Nursing homes, not schools. Hospitals, not planes. We need to up the hygienic and isolation ante primarily around the subset of people who can’t simply contract SARS-CoV-2 and ride it out the way healthy people should be able to.

Common frickin sense people, get a grip on it. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

224622_original.gif

In Covid news...

No new probable cases of COVID-19 were reported in Manitoba on Tuesday, leaving the provincial total at 292 for the fourth day in a row.

Health officials said there are 16 active cases, 269 people have recovered and there are currently no hospitalizations. Seven people have died from the virus.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

They over reacted and continue to do so. Lethality of the disease isn't even worth discussing, never mind a threat to humanity, give your head a shake.  

Imagine thinking this.  Imagine being so in love with some one like Donald trump that it warps your view of reality to the extent you’re still trying to say governments over reacted to covid.  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

16 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Imagine thinking this.  Imagine being so in love with some one like Donald trump that it warps your view of reality to the extent you’re still trying to say governments over reacted to covid.  

Whatever, if you think covid is a big deal go right ahead, it's a flu with no vaccine that kills less than .05% of the old and sick, stop the world...….instead of just protecting the old and sick, which they have failed to do on a massive scale, which is now coming out, that at least will be something good. 

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Italy and Spain also say hi.

I think (tho I'm not 100% versed in this) that the difference is, Italy and Spain took it very seriously, but caught it too late and by that point, it was uncontainable. Brazil and the States just said "this is nothing...let 'er buck!" 

I know with Italy, for example, they didn't realize it was in the country until someone had died from it, and by that point, it's just way too late. They had government enforced lockdowns with police and army patroling the streets 24/7 to keep people in their homes. Bodies of all ages piling up in the morgues and makeshift morgues....