Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

As kids have not been isolating from other kids(at least on my street) this will be interesting.

I have second-hand info from someone in the medical field who knows someone involved in testing, so take this double hearsay for what it is worth, but I am led to believe that up to 11 people were being contacted some 3 days ago to be told they had tested positive, but no change in  the numbers yet from the government. I would have expected a spike with the reduced restrictions, long weekend and nice weather. We shall see. 

Earlier Results...

-In an Arkansas Church, 35 of 92 people who attended March 6-11 tested positive for the  virus, ultimately killing 3. - CDC
-A Texas Church cancelled masses after a priest tested positive and later died of the coronavirus
When this same Church opened up again, five more leaders tested positive after the priest’s death forcing the Church to close again.
-A Virginia pastor who defied warnings of religious gatherings and vowed to keep preaching died of the virus his Church said.
-In Kansas City, during a conference of the Miracle Temple Church of God March 16-22, Dr Lee Norman reported 51 cases of the virus and 7 deaths.

...Occupy Democrats 

German parish leader says several in congregation tested positive after Frankfurt church service. - CBC News

On 2020-05-22 at 10:12 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

A bit off topic but I cant get over how Trump stands.  Does he have a back ailment?  I see people say he stands like a centaur without the hind part.  lol

Some speculate its due to wearing large lifts in his shoes (he claims to be 6'3" but is probably 6 feet.  Its just weird.  I dont think i could stand like that if I tried.

https://twitter.com/TomJChicago/status/1263811708566503427?s=20

20 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I have second-hand info from someone in the medical field who knows someone involved in testing, so take this double hearsay for what it is worth, but I am led to believe that up to 11 people were being contacted some 3 days ago to be told they had tested positive, but no change in  the numbers yet from the government. I would have expected a spike with the reduced restrictions, long weekend and nice weather. We shall see. 

From what I was told, there were a number of false positives (8 was the # given) this week  so your information is fairly accurate.

False positives are supposed to be rare and we've had quite a few of them in Manitoba so that's makes me wonder about the testing methods being used here.

This would explain why some clusters of fatalities have occurred:

‘Up to a Dozen’ COVID-19 Variants in the United States

As the lockdown settled in, so did the coronavirus. And then it began mutating into all sorts of local strains. 

Six months after the novel coronavirus first leaped from animals to people in Wuhan, China, and three months after the virus began spreading across the United States, scientists are finally beginning to understand the overall shape of the pandemic.

Drawing samples from tens of thousands of COVID-19 patients and decoding the samples’ genomes, scientists are making so-called “phylogenetic” maps of the pandemic over time. The maps help researchers start to answer some important questions. 

So now that US deaths are nearing 100,000 with massive lockdowns and social distancing, where are those people claiming it’s just the flu now?   Some people, even here, owe some apologies for their insensitivity and ignorance.  

And trump is golfing.  I hope they get footage and the Dems make it an video.  Disgusting. 

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So now that US deaths are nearing 100,000 with massive lockdowns and social distancing, where are those people claiming it’s just the flu now?   Some people, even here, owe some apologies for their insensitivity and ignorance.  

they will never own up to it. they will just hide until something new pops up.

48 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well they are in the 100-200k prediction.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

they will never own up to it. they will just hide until something new pops up.

We have not seen the worst out of the US yet. There is an unholy alliance there of the fundamentalist preachers, neo-nazis and business to push for a relaxing of pretty much all restrictions, and these are Trump/GOP core supporters. Even before now, there was a lot of disregarding of restrictions in Trump's heartland.  Moreover, the pandemic is set to ravage the deep south and poor white communities as the health services are rudimentary at best- did you know that Doctors Without Borders have set up tent clinics in west Virginia where the life expectancy hovers in the 50's and the infant mortality is that of a third world. And these clinics were met with hostility and even threats. Someone described the US as a third-world country with Iphones.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well they are in the 100-200k prediction.

Back when it was like 5000 people were complaining that it was just a flu and why don’t people care about the flu as much.  Those people had poor comprehension skills and were pushing an agenda but still.  Sadly they were wrong.  We all knew it.  Perhaps they can’t post an apology lol. But still it’s awful and the people laughing this off at the beginning are horrible people.