Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its so crazy to think its the Republicans that want all this control by the President over the people and even over Congress. And when the alt right scream hypocrite, just wait til their is a Democrat in the White House or control of Congress and they do half of what this GOP has done.  Congress especially, have sold out the constitution.   

If you read Ayn Rand's novels which are the GOP/right wing gospels, its all about personal gain over the common good and the hindmost be damned. Ironically, even though she railed against any government involvement in society as that would favour the unfit, in her latter years, when she was ill and debilitated, she had no hesitation in applying for and accepting financial support from the public purse. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the GOP/right wing thinking in its clearest.

1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

I'm thinking reality is a bit worse than this. I know we were close to laying off 80 people who are now being paid for 40 hours a week to sit at home. We are relying on the CEWS to keep people employed, but they are not working.

I think this is looking at paid hours. So, if you're maintaining payments to all 80 people at 100%, they would not be captured. How long is this sustainable? 

1 hour ago, tacklewasher said:

I'm thinking reality is a bit worse than this. I know we were close to laying off 80 people who are now being paid for 40 hours a week to sit at home. We are relying on the CEWS to keep people employed, but they are not working.

It's paid hours. I'm working more then I was before this. And the company I work for has been hiring on an almost continuous bases to keep up with demand since this has started.

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think Trump believes that you can get the virus from the test. 

I mean the man is so incredibly dumb, I almost guarantee that's what he's thinking. 

I actually disagree that he is dumb. I think he knows exactly what he is doing/saying and why. The issue is WE, (or at least most people) don't know. For the most part, when a president speaks everyone understands where he is coming from and what his motives are/have been. With Trump his motives are almost never clear (Which I believe he's doing purposely) and he panders more then any other president in the history of that country.

But dumb..I don't think so. He knows what he's doing. For good or bad, he knows...

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I actually disagree that he is dumb. I think he knows exactly what he is doing/saying and why. The issue is WE, (or at least most people) don't know. For the most part, when a president speaks everyone understands where he is coming from and what his motives are/have been. With Trump his motives are almost never clear (Which I believe he's doing purposely) and he panders more then any other president in the history of that country.

But dumb..I don't think so. He knows what he's doing. For good or bad, he knows...

Nope he’s dumb. Dumb people know what they are doing but they usually don’t know they are indeed dumb and what they are doing is dumb.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He thinks the best way to avoid getting the virus is to not test for it. 

If I can't  see it it's not real! The man really is a toddler. My 21 month old son has better cognitive abilities than this dipshit.